• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Denzi

Smash Master
Dragonic Reverse (or whatever they call it) is actually useful, judging by the Yoshis I've played against at least.

Dragonic reverse is a the name for it. But I have not seen a whole lot of its uses for it that revolutionizes the character. I suppose that is because I have not seen any yoshi actually commit to using it.

Denzi

Smash Master
Last time I played against HadesBlade he was using it, and I know he's up there on the list of top Yoshi players.

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
Watch videos of DEHF Vs Olimars. Like the Apex 2010 finals vs Brood. He knows the Olimar match up so well.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well actually I'm pretty sure Yoshi wins the "who has the toughest techs" game.
Toughest techs are universal (like shield cancel platform drop cancel jab or dash dance cancel). But I agree that things like dragonic reverse and jump cancel reverse egglay.

Denzi

Smash Master
I'm well aware of that, but the way it was being talked about made it seem as if only character specific techs were being considered.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
How do I **** olimar?
It's a lot harder than most people say. Just keep practicing it.

I don't have the luxury to practice with Dabuz like I'd like but from our set I realized that taking it slow works best. The whole jab ****** Olimar = free set ups. They usually try to jump away fair, which isn't safe if you follow it properly.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Is forward c-stick while dashing supposed to conduct a dash attack? Everytime I do that, my character just just a usmash.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
For BDACUS, when I flick the analog stick the do up c-stick Falco just up smashes. What am I doing wrong?

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
I think practicing with the spot dodge is the easiest. When Falco's head is about at the lowest point of the spot dodge do Forward+C-stick up and you should dash. It's all about the timing or else you'll Up Smash.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the answers guys.

Does BDACUS have to only be done from a standstill or can it also be done while I have been dashing before I initiate the BDACUS?

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
You have to buffer a dash during a previous action, excluding dash, so no. You can dash attack, then buffer another to BDACUS.

That was the reverse aerial rush (is that term still used?) that every character has.
You just dash forward, turn around, then jump. You will now be in the air facing the opposite direction and just input an aerial.
You can do reverse your Usmash as you dash forward by doing the same thing, but you cancel the jump into Usmash.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time with jab canceling. I'm not sure if I'm inputing it quite right, but I do it pretty inconsistently. Any tips?

Also, I've gotten decent at the gatling combo, but I tend to mess it up sometimes and do a DACUS instead. Any idea why that is or what I could do to correct that?

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
For the gatling combo, the dash attack must connect first then up smash. You are probably inputting the up smash too early before you hit with the dash.

Hopefully, this won't complicate things, but make it easier to understand.

Dash attack first hits on frame 3. Yet you can only cancel the dash attack into an Usmash on frame 2-4. So, you have to wait for the hitbox to come out, then immediately cancel the dash attack into an Usmash on the next frame. If you cancel the dash attack into Usmash on frame 2-3 you won't get the gatling combo.

You can do this without hitting anything, but if you hit your opponent with dash attack, you'll enter the freeze frames (hitlag) which gives you an extra 8 frames to try to make an input for an Usmash.

In short, it can be easier to simply run up to your opponent getting very close, activate a dash attack, then during those freeze frames make an input for an Usmash. In that sense, you buffer the Usmash to come out at the proper time. But you have to make sure you are practically in your opponents face before doing the dash attack.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Hm, ok. I'll give that a shot. An extra 8 frames would make it a lot easier for sure. I think I was just trying to use the Gatling Combo in the wrong situations. I'll certainly make sure that I hit people with the dash attack in the future, although I do eventually want to learn how to just do it frame perfect.

Thanks.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time with jab canceling. I'm not sure if I'm inputing it quite right, but I do it pretty inconsistently. Any tips?

Also, I've gotten decent at the gatling combo, but I tend to mess it up sometimes and do a DACUS instead. Any idea why that is or what I could do to correct that?
Even though I don't use the GCC, I know an easier way.
Instead of the stand C Stick down + Z + Up or C-Stick Down + Up + A.

Just do..

C-Stick down -> C-Stick up.
It's MUCH more easier this way, though it only works on hit.

I'd like to see Falco's do CG -> Gatling Combo again.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Is this the right sequence for BDACUS:

Initiate dash, C-stick up
Let go on analog and C-stick up again

Also, is dashing then doing up c-stick supposed to dash attack? Because my character just Upsmashes.

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
Basically correct on the inputs for the BDACUS. I flick the control stick and up C-stick almost at the same time, followed by another up C-stick.

You will always Up Smash if the inputs for the dash attack are not buffered. Hence the name Buffered Dash Attack Canceled Up Smash.

"Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice."
-BluB

So basically you can only buffer during the ending lag of an animation. Straight out of a dash will always result in an Up Smash because you are not buffering anything.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
To put it simply when you try to bdacus :
-if you do a standing Usmash instead it means you input the dash too early
-if you do a dash attack you're late
-if you do a running Usmash you're very late

zmx

Smash Lord
Sigh. The dreaded BDACUS.

Still can't do it consistantly at all. Granted I'm using one of those new gamestop GC controllers. The c-stick is a lot different than normal GC controllers. It seems a bit too big. I can't even do the one out of spot dodge often and that's supposed to be the easiest.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I find the one after double laser the easiest, you don't even have to time it properly if you double laser right.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Sigh. The dreaded BDACUS.

Still can't do it consistantly at all. Granted I'm using one of those new gamestop GC controllers. The c-stick is a lot different than normal GC controllers. It seems a bit too big. I can't even do the one out of spot dodge often and that's supposed to be the easiest.
I would recommend getting a first party controller. I broke mine trying to DACUS last summer, but I bought a new one on Nintendo's online store. They still have some in stock, so I'd say go order one.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...&categoryId=&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference

Is there any controller brand other than Nintendo's that are actually good?
I have a 10 year old game cube controller that is functioning better than the gamestop controller I used for about 3 months.

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
Probably not. I have the same controllers that came with my gamecube from 2001. All still function 100% fine. My friend had 3rd party purple controllers and they broke in less than a year. The buttons are also placed weird and feel different on those cheap controllers.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
Could somebody explain to me how falco's laser is a "frame trap"?
I know what a frame trap is, but I just don't understand how one is trapped after shielding my laser, etc.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Could somebody explain to me how falco's laser is a "frame trap"?
I know what a frame trap is, but I just don't understand how one is trapped after shielding my laser, etc.
Double Laser is a Frame Trap.

One at full hop height.
The other at Ground Laser height (Silent Laser).
If they're in the air, they get hit by either or, or have to dodge/ reflect.

If they dodge, you can try to run in and Punish.

It limits their options and ruins approaches pretty well.
If they shield the one, and go for a shield drop,
Shield Drop is 7 Frames, Laser adds +3 frames making it 10.

Power Shielding follows the same meaning you can follow up.

wendell

Smash Cadet
man,it`s ******** hard to Bdacus,i`m training like 2 weeks and i never do one,is spot dodge[any move]forward analog>c stick up>neutral analog position>c stick up,right?

Top Bottom