• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I got a tourney coming up this weekend and I ask for advice of my fellow birds against MK,Snake,D3, Wario, Wolf, Peach and Marth foe that lie ahead of me for which to come?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Do IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I got a tourney coming up this weekend and I ask for advice of my fellow birds against MK,Snake,D3, Wario, Wolf, Peach and Marth foe that lie ahead of me for which to come?
MK- Laser like a ***** and rack up damage and then get the kill!

Snake- Laser avoid platform stages chain grab and get him off the stage!

D3- Camp D3 out chain grab and get the kill!

Wario- chain grab bair nair and camp!

Wolf- avoid dacus, chain grab wolf, camp!

Peach- nair camp kill!

Marth- boost pivot chain grab, camp, get him off the stage, get under him, kill!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If I grab Snake on a platform, will boost pivot chaingrab work for a while?

swordsaint

Smash Master
MK- Laser like a ***** and rack up damage and then get the kill!

Snake- Laser avoid platform stages chain grab and get him off the stage!

D3- Camp D3 out chain grab and get the kill!

Wario- chain grab bair nair and camp!

Wolf- avoid dacus, chain grab wolf, camp!

Peach- nair camp kill!

Marth- boost pivot chain grab, camp, get him off the stage, get under him, kill!
hey dude i've seen a few of your posts lately and are you like, the worsts best troll or the worlds worst falco?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
finally someone said something about his posts.

i have been thinking the same thing for a while now. but his posts were just so bad i did not want to correct them.

Marlx man you have to learn the meta game better before you can give good advice. I am glad you are contributing but i think you should learn and absorb till you get a few tourneys under your belt and you understand the game better

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to CG snake? If we are frame perfect, will he be able to pull out grenades?

I know if he pulls out nades you can just boost pivot grab to avoid them, but that sometimes means losing the CG>spike

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Walking grab from till ~40% works without snake being able to pull a grenade.

swordsaint

Smash Master
finally someone said something about his posts.

i have been thinking the same thing for a while now. but his posts were just so bad i did not want to correct them.

Marlx man you have to learn the meta game better before you can give good advice. I am glad you are contributing but i think you should learn and absorb till you get a few tourneys under your belt and you understand the game better
im here for a day and I'm already in to it. you guys were slacking. :awesome:

@Blub, im pretty sure it goes a little higher than that. we can cg snake for longer than most characters. Even MK goes up to about 37 > dthrow > dair.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Lol I was just trolling him, Viper. The way I remember it, you can get up to 5 grabs on MK before you're able to do a Dair. 5 grabs = 43% + Dair = 56%.

I could be wrong though.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Lol I was just trolling him, Viper. The way I remember it, you can get up to 5 grabs on MK before you're able to do a Dair. 5 grabs = 43% + Dair = 56%.

I could be wrong though.
is it really so hard to understand what i was saying? I am agreeing with you, but clarifying on the point that its like this

37% > regrab > 43 > dair.

the way you said it initially implied that you could

37% > regrab > 43 > regrab > dair

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Since we are talking about CG metaknight...

Is it better to spike him on the edge of the stage and tech chase/fsmash? Or does spiking him offstage have better follow ups?

swordsaint

Smash Master
On stage for sure. At least there we have tech chase follow ups, including but not limited to the gatling combo which is our most useful follow up assuming we can get it.

We wouldn't go out of our way to challenge Metaknight offstage in other situations, why would we do it just because we chain spiked him off? It's dangerous as ****ing **** on a **** sandwich.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i figured so. Does gatling work on metaknight after 40ish% tho? If they see it coming would they be able to DI out?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I don't think people appreciate the simple advantages of the the final hit in a chain grab.

For example, you might not want to spike a MK offstage simply because he has a recovery that Falco can't take advantage of at that position of the stage. You put MK in a favorable planking position, when you can just up smash him and try to take advantage of landing options. (Even though he has a ton of them, it sure as hell beats putting him under the stage where you can't do anything to him.)

swordsaint

Smash Master
^

I've been mixing up the chain grab and ending it with up smash lately, im starting to think the old school upsmash out of chain grab can become useful again on many characters.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
On stage for sure. At least there we have tech chase follow ups, including but not limited to the gatling combo which is our most useful follow up assuming we can get it.
I would get a dair before a gatling. If they are smart you will probably just get a dash attack % wise and try and follow up from there? Dair keeps that momentum rolling though

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I would get a dair before a gatling. If they are smart you will probably just get a dash attack % wise and try and follow up from there? Dair keeps that momentum rolling though
I like the feel of momentum. CG>Spike>Fsmash wrecks confidence and puts up 60%.

It feels a lot like laning against this guy in LoL

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Oh now I see what you meant, swordsaint. I just worded it wrongly, but nah, we're both on the same page lol.

Also, I think Dair is the best option out of Dthrow at low percentages. When at higher %, I would usually go for the BDacus if they always SDI to the side. If not, bait the airdodge if they SDI up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its been 3 years now, people still arent teching the dair after the CG, so if theyre gonna keep letting you tech chase them, then you might as well keep abusing it.

swordsaint

Smash Master
the fact you assumed I ment CG > gatling combo is insulting. :(
i meant, CG > dair on stage > gatling tech cahse.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Oh now I see what you meant, swordsaint. I just worded it wrongly, but nah, we're both on the same page lol.

Also, I think Dair is the best option out of Dthrow at low percentages. When at higher %, I would usually go for the BDacus if they always SDI to the side. If not, bait the airdodge if they SDI up.
If they SDI up, it's an easy back air.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

I think you mean DI, not SDI. Because if you found a way to SDI a throw you must tell me.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
The one thing to do in the ROB matchup - Camp.

ROB has no answer to lasers. He'll be lucky to get a Gyro in or even a laser, but that's why you have Reflector. In terms of close quarters, Jab ***** him. If you do a full spinning jab, most ROBs are gonna try to Fair you out of the attack, but you can power shield it most of the time then proceed to punish.

DO NOT go offstage vs. him. You will get gimp'd or be put in a bad position.

Both characters have trouble killing, but since Falco is lighter and has worse recovery options than ROB, he will lose his stock first. But, that shouldn't be the case most of the time since you're camping :troll:

In my opinion, the matchup is like 60:40/55:45 Falco's favor. They each have their tools and whatnot, but I think Falco just has an advantage in the matchup.
Okay, thank you, really appreciated! I would say this MU is in R.O.B.'s disadvantage (40:60).

Top Bottom