• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Very well, I'll ask Pierce as requested. Thanks for some of the help.
So about general info, what would Marth's best stages (besides Battlefield) and worst stages be? If I was to gather info on how well a Pit + Marth team does, I would want to know his best places so the team can choose their better stages.

It is strange, though, for Marth is one of Pit's worst matchups, but is also one of Pit's BEST partners.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
^I'm so proud.

Brinstar is usually banned in doubles, which would be another favorite of mine....

Delfino is nice. Halberd can be great. (Just watch out for Snake X_X)

I'm also a big fan of Distant Planet, but it isn't usually legal.

GarraLeeLink7

Smash Apprentice
Might Not Be Exactly "Quick" But It'd Be Very Helpful... XD

Does Anyone Know/Have A List Of All The %'s On Each Character, That When Grabed Can Lead To A Tipper-Smash?!? And Which Direction's... If I Memorized Something Like That I'd Be Much Better Off... XD

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
there's a wonderful norfair thread by Raziek
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275179
here, not sure how pit fares on the stage but the info he gives makes it clear that it's one of marth's best.
It looks like Marth's good here on Norfair. If Pit was Marth's partner, then Norfair would be a great stage since Pit's really good there, and it helps weaken ICs, Snake, Diddy, Falco, and Dedede, who would be a fair threat to both Pit and Marth.

^I'm so proud.

Brinstar is usually banned in doubles, which would be another favorite of mine....

Delfino is nice. Halberd can be great. (Just watch out for Snake X_X)

I'm also a big fan of Distant Planet, but it isn't usually legal.
Pit usually doesn't do well at Brinstar, and Delfino's okay. Halberd usually isn't recommended for Pit, especially against those with good vertical KO power. *points at Fox, Snake, and D3* It really varies on the matchup.

So far, from what we have so far, a Pit + Marth team would dominate at Norfair, while Marth can handle Battlefield, So far, so good. Thanks for the input so far guys!

SkOaRaAn

Smash Cadet
Can a good marth player play me and see what i need to improve on. I know there are problems with my marth and I want to get better. Also, I probably loose most of the time, because i get too predictable... help?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Quick question

It is probably known that you can do a reverse DB right out of an initial dash. Can this be a good alternative to pivot grabbing an approachng MK? E.g. Metaknight runs to you, you retreat with a dash and reverse DB.

Thanks!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Assuming he doesn't react quickly, go for it. I do this fairly frequently against a lot of characters.

Note that if they DO react, or start expecting it, you'll be DB'ing a shield, which is bad business for us. If they start trying to predict it, throw in a pivot shieldbreaker. ^_^

grimAuxiliatrix

Smash Cadet
can shieldbreaker be wavebounced? i know it's sort of too hard to use practically but i would pick it up for use against MK's stupid dash attack since i don't use the c-stick for anything else,

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Are you implying that you need b-stick to wavebounce? And yes, it can be wavebounced. Pretty neat when you pull it off.

Anybody have a list of characters that GR -> Dair works on? And maybe an order of difficulty as well. Or perhaps just every kind of GR.

TIPPR

Smash Rookie
Are there any follow-ups to air releasing DK, Bowser and falco? I was screwing around with my brother and on training mode with air releases even though you cant force them and these are what have worked for me

Falco: Dancing blades
Bowser: Dash attack, dancing blades?
DK: Fair, rising DB first 3 hits, Dair? UpB?

The ones without question marks are ones ive had work with very high consistency. Are any legit?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Are there any follow-ups to air releasing DK, Bowser and falco? I was screwing around with my brother and on training mode with air releases even though you cant force them and these are what have worked for me

Falco: Dancing blades
Bowser: Dash attack, dancing blades?
DK: Fair, rising DB first 3 hits, Dair? UpB?

The ones without question marks are ones ive had work with very high consistency. Are any legit?
At low %s depending on DI, you might be able to get those in. However, once the damage increases beyond then, no there are none.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You can't DI grab releases rukkiko, what you doing?

IIRC, Falco can be db, fair'd.
Whoops, pointless habit of mine then :) The correct way to say that is they can do an action or are released to far before you can land an attack (obviously except Falco now).

SkOaRaAn

Smash Cadet
Is it right to use FF neutral air after a full hop fair? If so, should i use it kinda often and do a quick move after, or do it for just a killing mind game thing?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Is it right to use FF neutral air after a full hop fair? If so, should i use it kinda often and do a quick move after, or do it for just a killing mind game thing?
Hmmm.... I'd say that depends on the character. I'd avoid doing it TOO much, since nair can still be beat out from below. Retreat it, if anything..

I'd also wait for a second opinion, I don't really use nair in that type of context. xD

SZ2K

Smash Rookie
I know B-reversal is a well-known technique in the air, but is it common knowledge that you can use it on the ground too? During the sliding portion of a run-into-shieldbreaker you can execute a reversal. Figure this has many practical uses, and I haven't seen it in any vids, and I've watched my fair share. I was thinking about making a new post with a video, but my premonition is that it's been unearthed since the beginning of the b-reversal findings in 08 and there's a practical reason why people aren't using it. Would someone care to shed light?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
No, it's not called pivoting at all.

Watch Mr R's vids. He uses it some. It's a nifty trick with shield breaker, just don't get predictable with it... or miss. Haha! You can also B-reverse dancing blade while running and it can substitute for a pivot grab situation.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
you can also cancel the B reverse into something flashy sexy and useless called a wavebounce

although wavebounced SB is actually useful in the air

daballa100

Smash Cadet
to do the pivot walk you have to walk in any direction, then hit the A button (or if you have your controls reconfigured, your attack button) and at the same time hold the C-stick diagonally up, but be careful about doing up smash or fsmash.

To do this easier, set L,R, or Z to attack in your control configurations. It's good for mindgames, or just to mess around.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
to do the pivot walk you have to walk in any direction, then hit the A button (or if you have your controls reconfigured, your attack button) and at the same time hold the C-stick diagonally up, but be careful about doing up smash or fsmash.

To do this easier, set L,R, or Z to attack in your control configurations. It's good for mindgames, or just to mess around.
Ok, thanks!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
it has practical aplications for walking across the whole of stages to move as fast as a dash without tripping risk

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
hold down while jumping up and perform and aerial and while your feet go through the platform the start up of the attack.

earla

Smash Lord
1. mikehaze v snake.

he was grab releasing snake? (air releasing) why?

2. opponent -7 frame advantage if opponent shields your dtilt. what if they power shield? does that mean they can punish with anything?

cheers

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
okay thanks, i guess i am doing it right and just have the time wrong then.

Top Bottom