• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Mr. Wang

Smash Cadet
NNID
beards101
ask people like @Karajan or Killer but Karajan is banned so RIP

btw please dont post questions on here, we have the ask a question thread for a reason
Sry I thought I made a new thread when I made that post....strange but thx I'll do so from now on.

Thank you kind soul :D
64 is the good game
Hey man how does it feel being best in the world I hope to reach that goal one day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
There's various factors that can make emulator not feel like console. One of them is adapter input lag. Different adapters have different amounts of input lag because of polling or something like that. As we all know, the Adaptoid is the adapter with no lag. Afaik, from our group of players, only Isai has one. The monitor you use can add some lag. Isai uses a CRT monitor to play online SSB. Then there's the cluster**** of dealing with range/deadzone that you have to manually set up. This is the first time I've heard of a value for max range, so Fireblaster is probably right. I think depending on how loose your stick is, you can change these values to make it more responsive, and this is where people get into this problem where it feels different on console. Finally, there's the fact that the emulator goes above 60fps, and the occasional dip in fps here and there.
Is the Adaptoid really the best one? I have a mayflash and i find it works pretty well. Unfortunately i dont have an N64 for comparison anymore, so its hard to be credible on my assessment. Can anyone else give insight on this?

Also, thanks Boom and Fireblaster, after calibrating the N64 controller and setting it to 66 range, its kicking ass. GG

Anotherish

Smash Rookie
NTSC only. What codes would you like to use?
Mainly changing stages in the Stage Selection Menu. My (quite simple) idea is to make "Random" viable by changing bad stages with better ones. I tested the codes in Project64(1.6) today. Here is the idea:
M.Kingdom -> Battlefield
Planet Zebes -> Tutorial Stage
Saffron City -> Final Destination (Change spawning?)
Sector Z -> Metal Cavern
Yoshi's -> Yoshi's Cloudless
Peach Castle (Remove Bumper?)
Hyrule (Remove Tornado?)
Dreamland (Remove Wind?)
Kongo's (Remove Barrel?)

I found a code to enable FD in VS-mode. Changing preview/names and the such in the Stage Selection is not a priority.

Is there some sort of way to convert it to PAL (I assume its not as simple as hex to decimal or something like that).

Also, I havnt bought a Gameshark yet, I heard ActionReplay is more common for PAL. Gamesharks should work on PAL though (I guess the codes are just somehow different).

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
How do I tell the difference between PAL and NTSC.
PAL: European Smash
NTSC: USA #1 Smash
in back of n64 cartridge it should say USA on back
made in japan under it

if its a rom it should tell you

Also heres a question, regarding the current news post, how would I bring a Smash 64 scene to my area? I know alot of people who play Smash 4, how could I turn them to 64?

confirmed elitist cult

Last edited:

Mr. Wang

Smash Cadet
NNID
beards101
PAL: European Smash
NTSC: USA #1 Smash
in back of n64 cartridge it should say USA on back
made in japan under it

if its a rom it should tell you

Also heres a question, regarding the current news post, how would I bring a Smash 64 scene to my area? I know alot of people who play Smash 4, how could I turn them to 64?

confirmed elitist cult
Thanks for the answer

@ Mr. Wang Mr. Wang

I saw you ask for this earlier. I hope you still need it: http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_to_n64/index_en.php

Edit: whoops. boom already provided a link. Looks like I'm too slow :)
I'll hold onto it thx

Last edited by a moderator:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing

confirmed elitist cult
Post a flyer or make a thread on Smashboards for a local Smash 4 tournament but put a tiny 6 preceding the 4 so that it's hard to read. Tell them that you'll provide the appropriate setups for the tourney so they don't have to bring anything. Then when they get there, they'll have to play 64 with you.
:denzel:

Seriously though, just try bringing your own setup to a local and just play friendlies with other people. People could get hyped seeing actual combos but then again they might get upset about not being able to roll out of trouble or abuse air dodge. It's really a hit or miss with new players, as it seems. The only way you can find out is if you try.

I think far more people would rather watch people play 64 rather than learn how to play it for themselves.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Want to start a big online tourney, how do I start?

btw dont have money for cash prize so wop wop woopp

Last edited:

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Want to start a big online tourney, how do I start?

btw dont have money for cash prize so wop wop woopp
Post a thread in the online events section or the main section of the site with the OP detailing the rules and players who have signed up so far. When the amount of players is full make a new post and update the OP with the bracket or matchups and then TO the rest scheduling DQs and resolving conflicts in a timely manner.

The last one hosted was here: http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-64-online-the-lumberjack-cup-3.370070/
This can provide you a good template to get started and who knows maybe someone will throw in a prize.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
It will be a doubles tournament with a prize if any of you could get one.

Speaking of that would anyone like to give up something as a prize for my tourney?

Studstill

Smash Ace
The problem with doubles tournaments isnt a lack of prize so much as scheduling so many peeps, plus there is almost a guarantee of lag.

I`d pick a date, maybe a weekend, that is a few weeks or a month away. Gives people time to show up.
This is assuming you want to do it all at once, which has been proven to be way mroe successful than literally neverending.
If you get 16 teams https://AdvancedBrackets.com will throw some prizes out.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
The problem with doubles tournaments isnt a lack of prize so much as scheduling so many peeps, plus there is almost a guarantee of lag.

I`d pick a date, maybe a weekend, that is a few weeks or a month away. Gives people time to show up.
This is assuming you want to do it all at once, which has been proven to be way mroe successful than literally neverending.
If you get 16 teams https://AdvancedBrackets.com will throw some prizes out.
Yes I will be using advancedbrackets for this tourney.
As for DSing and lag issues will be all sent to me and I will fix them.

Also good idea! changing date to about... 2 weeks from now, Friday.
March 26th.

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
Go on, Fruity. You mean truly double horizontal, or cheating it with the ground, i.e. first one 0 degrees, second one -2 degrees?

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Hey I was wondering (since I'm used to using marth's shield breaker) what are some of Fox's ledgeguards and the reason I put the marth part in is because Fox's ledgeguards might not be as simple as holding the B button also can you Z cancel his foward smash?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Hey I was wondering (since I'm used to using marth's shield breaker) what are some of Fox's ledgeguards and the reason I put the marth part in is because Fox's ledgeguards might not be as simple as holding the B button also can you Z cancel his foward smash?
I saw you on Melee forums.
But no, you cannot Z cancel forward smashes.
Try to shorthop + bair.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
thanks but if in the right spot could I also up smash or up air?
The only time you'll want to do an up smash/up air if if you grab the ledge and then they recover over the stage and then you fast fall on there and up smash (or combo into it.)

Aerials are much more common for edgeguards, go watch LD/TR3G Fox. He edgeguards quite well. The only grounded options you'll see are maybe down smash (maybe, since people can DI it,) or down tilt (as it goes over the ledge) and f-smash maybe.

In general, you don't see many grounded options for edgeguards at higher levels since people DI into the stage.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
I ****ed up my graphics on Project64. Whenever I fullscreen, it freaks the **** out and blinks white every frame or so. Then in windowed the stock icons are missing, it's a little choppy, and it crashes. Can someone take screenies of their graphical settings? (Project64>Options>Configure Graphics Plugin>Take screenies of every tab)

thx >;3

Shears

Smash Master
Some one please mention me on S@X during the top 8 matches, like "I love maafia's luigi, it's so bad" (power glove reference) or something lol
If I remember I will. I've been streaming it myself and we haven't been on vgbootcamp in a while since melee takes so long and we all want to go to the bars instead of wait for big boy streams.

Madao

I ****ed up my graphics on Project64. Whenever I fullscreen, it freaks the **** out and blinks white every frame or so. Then in windowed the stock icons are missing, it's a little choppy, and it crashes. Can someone take screenies of their graphical settings? (Project64>Options>Configure Graphics Plugin>Take screenies of every tab)

thx >;3
What graphics plugin are you using?

Top Bottom