• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

M4TT

Smash Cadet
that was the wierdest thing ive seen. Maybe if you were a heavier character you would have been able to recover? idk

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Puff could have actually survived that if puff pounded and fsmashed a few times before the momentum threw puff off. I think its called momentum cancel and there is a youtube video of it with different characters on sector z that may be TAS but I can't find it right now.

Edit: Found it:

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Puff could have actually survived that if puff pounded and fsmashed a few times before the momentum threw puff off. I think its called momentum cancel and there is a youtube video of it with different characters on sector z that may be TAS but I can't find it right now.

the **** holy hell i didnt know about the canceling

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
how do i dislike posts

also
I've been playing melee longer competitively /= I prefer Melee over 64. In fact it's the opposite.

I prefer 64 as a game over melee but there happens to be less tournaments, if there were 64 tournaments weekly at the place where I play Melee and not at a place in the middle of somewhere in NJ, I would be going to them.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I've been playing melee longer competitively /= I prefer Melee over 64. In fact it's the opposite.

I prefer 64 as a game over melee but there happens to be less tournaments, if there were 64 tournaments weekly at the place where I play Melee and not at a place in the middle of somewhere in NJ, I would be going to them.
0.5/10

The Star King

Smash Hero

I think you have to be frame perfect so easier said than done

Janitor

Smash Rookie
I've just started project64k and im trying to play with other people online and I hope that this is a common problem but basically my controller wont work when im connected with someone online. I dont if its because it have the controller configured to the wrong port or if im not setting up something before the match starts. It works just fine when im playing it on the emulator but thats it. I have no idea how to fix this so someone who knows more about online 64 play would hopefully know what i should do.

Quique15

Smash Rookie
I'm new here but I wanted to know on how to set up the online multiplayer for n64 super smash bros. Thanks in advance

Cedricwa

Smash Apprentice
I know it's on this site somewhere but idk where, does any have the list of percentages all the characters have to be at that falcon can forward throw->falcon punch them?

Swagathor

Smash Rookie
hey guys sorry if this has been answered before but i had some questions about range and deadzone on PJ64kve. I had the settings set to 100 range and 0 deadzone but i felt it a bit odd. It was kinda unresponsive. What does everyone else here use?

Sedda

Smash Champion
I use 0 deadzone and 66 range because I'm using a 64 controller and the max range on console is 66
is 0 deadzone closest to what the n64 should "feel" like?

i think it takes me a while to adjust to console because of a terrible combination of deadzone/range plus lag

Last edited:

Smash64Tampa

Smash Rookie
I was told to ask this here....

Are there any Smash 64 players/tournaments around Tampa or Orlando? I've been lurking through the forums and it seems like most the tournaments around this area are just for melee and the newer versions of smash. I looked on that map thing and there's no smash 64 players in Tampa, only a few in Orlando.

Morin0

Smash Lord
is 0 deadzone closest to what the n64 should "feel" like?

i think it takes me a while to adjust to console because of a terrible combination of deadzone/range plus lag
There's various factors that can make emulator not feel like console. One of them is adapter input lag. Different adapters have different amounts of input lag because of polling or something like that. As we all know, the Adaptoid is the adapter with no lag. Afaik, from our group of players, only Isai has one. The monitor you use can add some lag. Isai uses a CRT monitor to play online SSB. Then there's the cluster**** of dealing with range/deadzone that you have to manually set up. This is the first time I've heard of a value for max range, so Fireblaster is probably right. I think depending on how loose your stick is, you can change these values to make it more responsive, and this is where people get into this problem where it feels different on console. Finally, there's the fact that the emulator goes above 60fps, and the occasional dip in fps here and there.

Last edited:

Mr. Wang

Smash Cadet
NNID
beards101
hey everyone, I have seen people in tournaments use GameCube controller. I was looking for an adapter (assuming that's how I get to play with it on a console) but I couldn't find one. Can someone link me to one (preferably Amazon). Thx

Quote720

Smash Cadet
If a Kirby d-airs another character and doesn't z-cancel, can the other character tech roll, or will they always pop up when they hit the ground?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
ask people like @Karajan or Killer but Karajan is banned so RIP

btw please dont post questions on here, we have the ask a question thread for a reason

Top Bottom