• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aside from smash attacks, how do you like to punish rolls as Peach?

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
If a roll is coming my way, I usually like to do a ground float Neutral Air in place. Or I use Up Tilt because of how underrated it is. Forward Tilt sometimes if I want to start a combo.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
It depends on the set-up I have put up. If they we're just hit on the ground by a Nair, Side-B, Forward Smash, I've noticed people have a nasty habit of rolling towards me after getting knocked down. I usually position myself to Up-Smash where their incoming tech roll will put them. Its a hard read, but it kills and it's hard to punish if they decided to roll in the opposite direction.

If they weren't knocked down, then I usually Side-B if they roll towards me or try to roll behind me. I tend to find people roll towards you when they are stuck at the ledge (I have this habit too). I would avoid using side-B to punish people rolling away as for me at least, It's way too slow, covers a small distance, and highly punishable. However, doing a side-B off the ledge is safe if you miss, but you do give up stage control- but Peach does have better ledge options than most characters especially with her having float. Down Smash is also really good at the ledge if they try to roll past you.

As for people rolling away, it really depends on the character I'm against. If they wanna roll away, let them. Free turnip pull for me. Otherwise I just chase them and wait for them to do a panic move or dash attack them if they try to roll again. It's more common I thing for people to roll again if their character has a short roll.

And for an extra chance, I sometimes use D-air if they roll towards me. It leads into a free Fair at low/mid percents and is fairly easy to connect on bigger characters.

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
If I have a turnip in hand and my opponent is shielding, I usually jump and z drop the turnip right where my opponent would be if s/he opts to roll towards me, thus being behind me when I land. If my opponent does roll towards me, the turnip would connect. I read it correctly, I would Back Air him/her while catching the turnip that rebounded from connecting.

OntheMooFarm

Smash Rookie
It's always safe to punish with a turnip. No lag, no risk of being punished. If you don't have a veggie on hand, d-smash is a fantastic tool to catch rolls, as it hit 5 times and comes out frame 6.

Top Bottom