• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ascension Full Results!!!!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Ascension Full Results!!!

I would like to thank everyone who came out to this tournament! I'm so glad to see my tournament series starting on the right foot attendance wise. Thank you so much DFW, San Antonio, Zano and ESPECIALLY SHAYA for coming to this tournament! I hope you all can make it to the next one!

Brawl Singles (34 entrants)

1: UltimateRazer ($112)SPLIT==:snake:/:dk2:/:popo:
2: Gnes ($112)SPLIT==:metaknight:/:diddy:
3: Denti ($44.80)==:olimar:
4: Infinity ($25.60)==:metaknight:
5: Bio ($12.80)==:zerosuitsamus:
5: Smoom ($12.80)==:popo:
7: Jerm==:toonlink:/:zelda:
7: PJ==:toonlink:
9: Illmatic==:peach:
9: Dphat==:metaknight:/:falcon:
9: Sync==:olimar:
9: ALSM==:metaknight:
13: Neon==:dk2:/:peach:
13: JRUGS==:snake:
13: Paw==:zerosuitsamus:
13: Shaya==:marth:
17: P4==:metaknight:/:toonlink:
17: BC==:metaknight:/:olimar:
17: ToT==:popo:
17: Dark Shifter==:metaknight:
17: Tesh==:sonic:
17: Zano==:marth:
17: Nike==:marth:
17: K_Bot==:popo:/:dedede:
25: TigerX==:diddy:
25: Bryan==???
25: Kilik==:sheik:
25: Kadin==:metaknight:
25: Luis==???
25: Zero==:sonic:
25: Maharba==:pit:
25: DJ Phatz==:diddy:
33: Juan==???
33: Tyler==???

Brawl Doubles (12 teams)

1: Gnes+PJ ($132.00)==:metaknight:+:toonlink:
2: Infinity+Denti ($66.00)==:metaknight:+:olimar:
3: Lizzy(Dphat)+Jerm ($22.00)==:metaknight:/:marth:+:toonlink:
4: Razer+P4==:snake:+:metaknight:
5: Illmatic+Sync==:peach:/:metaknight:+:olimar:
5: K_Bot+ALSM==:wario:+:metaknight:
7: YOLOYOLOYOLO (Kadin+Smoom)==:metaknight:+:popo:
7: Kilik+Neon==:sheik:+:dk2:
9: Tesh+Bio==:sonic:+:zerosuitsamus:
9: Maharba+Dark Shifter==:pit:+:metaknight:
9: Shaya+Dj Phatz==:marth:+:diddy:
9: Bryan+Jesus==???+???

Mid+Low Tier Singles (20 entrants)

1: Illmatic ($59.50)==:peach:
2: UltimateRazer ($17.00)==:fox:
3: Tesh ($8.50)==:sonic:
4: Smoom==:peach:
5: Xyro==:rob:/:samus2:
5: Neon==:dk2:/:peach:
7: Sync==:rob:
7: Infinity==:kirby2:
9: Paw==:rob:
9: Bio==:kirby2:
9: Nike==:kirby2:
9: Tree==:sheik:/:falcon:
13: Denti==:pit:
13: BC==???
13: ALSM==:link2:
13: Kilik==:sheik:
17: Cedric==???
17: Maharba==:pit:
17: Dphat==:falcon:/:jigglypuff:
17: Dark Shifter==???

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Very good turnout for your first event of your own series, sync. This really might become something.

I had a lot of fun due to being able to play when I want and not have to run anything. Stress free.

Oh also, give me back my RER box. I need it dude.

Pretty sure BC was dk in mid tier.

Infinity, thank you for the food and for the little chat. I enjoyed both. F you.

RIP trela and his Impulse adventure :(

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I went all MK in singles and only used Sonic for one match in doubles if I recall so add my masks please.

lol that means like 10/12 teams used an MK. :awesome:

Great tournament Sync, glad alot of people came out to this.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Great job running this Sync, you did an incredible job.
I had a perfect time at this new series, it could become something big!

Special shoutouts to Shaya (you're honestly one of the chillest smashers I've ever met, might have to fly to Australia sometime just to hang). Love your Marth and you're extremely funny and laid back. GGs too, sucks what happened to you vs Infinity : (

Cedric the Killer (for choke locking me in the parking lot when we've never met before, you're lucky I'm a nice guy.. because it's quite likely that anyone else other than myself would have decked you clean flat faced into the cement for pulling that stunt). You're also lucky that you stopped before anyone beat your *** for touching me. Not the smartest thing to do at your first tournament, Tesh told me you did the same thing to him. Not cool..

RIP trela and his Impulse adventure : (

Shoutouts to all of Houston, love you guys too much and Ft. Worth / SA + Zano + Dphat for coming down.. was a great thing seeing everyone reunited.

Finally broke my Marth curse! GGs Nike, you don't have to upload the set, it was weird.

Got bracket screwed because tons of upsets had to play Infinity's MK in Winner's then immediately Gnes' MK in Loser's.

Gladly that can't happen at WHOBO 4!
No longer supporting MK legal tournaments, won't attend them universally (including nationally).

It's just not possible with Peach if your opponent is on the same level as you or even slightly below it. There is literally nothing Peach can do once she makes the slightest mistake, and Metaknight has like fourty two mess ups before he can even consider losing. There is no other character compared to his degree as to which I'm so confused in the field of approaching or recovering that it's simply just unfair. And I'm not willing to put the time into another character or ditto. This game is extremely stupid because of one polarizing thing, and it's :metaknight:.

Razer's Fox is incredible, going to enjoy watching WF and GF. Great games to everyone else I played in both mid tier and regular bracket, had fun.

Welcome to Texas, Dark Shifter - hope you enjoy it. To anyone who has videos of me, please upload!
Played much better after the tournament than during it, but oh well! :metaknight: is :metaknight:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Thanks for hosting Sync, but you honestly need to get seize control of what is happening at the tournaments to make things smoother, even if it means becoming a Xyro....a tyrant...

I'm not going to name names, but some of people that attended were somewhat disrespectful to Sync and not making his job easier as TO. We barely finished singles and didn't even finish Mid/Low Tier at the venue. I believe none were intentional, but the following certainly did not help make running the tourney easier:

-People arriving late. Half of Houston was late...come on now. The time is listed in the OP and we only had the venue for 9 hours for three events...you can do the math.​

-People not playing matches when called. When you are asked to play a match, YOU PLAY YOUR MATCH. Sorry you can't watch a certain match, but sacrifices must be made to finish on time.​

-People not playing matches unless they were recorded. You can't have every match recorded. Recorded matches and unlimited replays are a PRIVILEGE. You can request one, but there is never an obligation, especially when there are time restraints.

-People going to the wrong TV. When you're asked to go to a certain TV, YOU GO TO TO THAT TV. If someone is there for another tourney match, MM, won't get off , TELL THE TO. Something wrong with the TV, TELL THE TO. Want another TV? TELL THE TO.​

-Playing matches without them being announced. Don't do this. You might think you're saving time, but you might be actually doing the opposite because you might delay matches from earlier rounds/losers.​

-People not reporting their matches. IT IS THE WINNER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO REPORT THEY WON. It doesn't matter if it's obvious who will win, not reporting your matches means a TV isn't being used.​

-And probably the biggest one, people leaving the venue without telling the TO. Whenever you leave the venue, tell the TO. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU AND ONLY YOU. This was honestly the biggest time waster. People left without saying anything and then matches got tied up. Really now?​

There were some other fairly interesting/dumb occurrences I witnessed, but whatever. In short, you guys have go to work with the TO to make things easier. Just use some common sense and courtesy. It helps more than you can imagine.

/endrant

Vids will go up whenever.

z00ted

Good post, RT.
I agree, even if I was somewhat part of the problem.

Sync and you did a great job with what you were given.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's just all the small things that add up to wasted time.

We had 5 setups.

I honestly believed if all of the above didn't happen, we probably could finished all events before the venue closed. It's all about time management.

But good lord, people were not making it easy.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
This gives me reason to post that we should give Smoom back his top 5 ICs spot imo

z00ted

Not entirely sure who Smoom beat to get 5th, but I can say that for some people the bracket was EXTREMELY easy and for others the bracket was very difficult. Mainly due to upsets and other stuff, but it was weird.

Player-3

Smash Hero
DPHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe Smoom beat PJ to get 5th.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I got a rather easy bracket. I beat ToT (local ICs), Zano, paw, sync, pj. Lost to dphat and infinity.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Razer with DK and ICs?!

I miss Texas shoutouts. :(

Smoom77

Smash Master
Btw, Tyler used MK in singles and I used Wario in doubles, no ICs. Shout outs later!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Finally both rt/sync understand how hard TOing can get sometimes. Activate tyrant mode and things will change.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ Hey eff you quest, I did pretty good in that side event you ******* and I upload your replays real good so good job to Tesh you traitor.

I didn't get to play Dark Shifter despite my best efforts. We need more setups. I assume once people have Wii U it won't be so difficult for people to bring usable TVs.

BSP

Smash Legend
Gladly that can't happen at WHOBO 4!
No longer supporting MK legal tournaments, won't attend them universally (including nationally).

It's just not possible with Peach if your opponent is on the same level as you or even slightly below it. There is literally nothing Peach can do once she makes the slightest mistake, and Metaknight has like fourty two mess ups before he can even consider losing. There is no other character compared to his degree as to which I'm so confused in the field of approaching or recovering that it's simply just unfair. And I'm not willing to put the time into another character or ditto. This game is extremely stupid because of one polarizing thing, and it's :metaknight:.
Why don't you just pick up someone else?

And good **** to Bio for placing in the $$$

NH Cody

Smash Champion
^ Hey eff you quest, I did pretty good in that side event you ******* and I upload your replays real good so good job to Tesh you traitor.
D:

You did well too! However, I do not support you using Mgay in singles. If you did use Sonic in singles that would be more of an accomplishment... Congrats on your success in the mid tier event. Thanks for the uploads.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Finally both rt/sync understand how hard TOing can get sometimes. Activate tyrant mode and things will change.

Xyro is my god.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Shoutouts to DFW for coming out, was good seeing you all again and meeting everyone that didn't come last time.

Shoutouts to Nike for being just amazing and housing me for like a week for this tourney.

Shoutouts to Shaya for actually listening to me when I asked him to come to this tourney and for a fun week housing together with him and Nike.

Shoutouts to the rest of SA for coming over during the week leading up to this and playing with us a lot.

Shoutouts to houston in general for being gods of this game as usual.

Shoutouts to Razer's fox 3 stocking illmatic and then instantly saving the replay.

Shoutouts to Gnes playing me in marvel for like 2-3 hours friday night.

Shoutouts to Jerm, I'm glad I finally got a chance to talk with you and hear your advice on getting better, I really appreciate it and will take it to heart. We'll be sure to play more marvel next time too.

Shoutouts to Sync for being a godlike host and housing everyone, you keep this scene alive so **** much.

Shoutouts to my philiosophical hipsters and our gathering at this tourney, I love you all 5ever, especially u ill <3

Shoutouts to PJ being a ***** and trolling me with dsmash.

Also, thanks to Dphat staying up til 6 am playing random matches with me, that was so much fun! You are def one of the most entertaining people I saw this weekend, go to more stuff again.

If I missed anyone, I am sorry, and good games to anyone I played! I will not forget this week.

z00ted

LMFAO someone PLEASE upload that first.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Nike and ToT please send me those replays you have from the tournament.

BioDG

Smash Ace
1: UltimateRazer ($112)SPLIT== Have fun in college, brotini.
2: Gnes ($112)SPLIT== Thanks for the advice after our Loser semis set. I felt good knowing I had the right ideas...but just didn't commit to them. It's always fun playing against you.
3: Denti ($44.80)== Great olimar as usual. I really should have asked you for matchup advice. Is it too late? D:
4: Infinity ($25.60)== One of the coolest guys I've met in the TX scene. It was a pleasue to meet you and although I got bodied in our MM, it was a great learning experience.
5: Bio ($12.80)== Get better. You are WAY too inconsistent.
5: Smoom ($12.80)== lol @ our mid tier set. Good games and nice to see you making the tournies again.
7: Jerm== You will go far, my friend. From one artist to another.
7: PJ== LOL @ the set with Maharba.
9: Illmatic== Good job winning mid tiers!
9: Dphat== Fun set!
9: Sync== Awesome job running Ascension. Great turnout, the most setups we've had in awhile, I think, and things ran pretty smooth in spite of the issues with some of the entrants leaving for food at the absolute worst, most impractical times.
9: ALSM== Good games mann. You keep improving and that's awesome. Keep it up!
13: Neon== Nice to finally meet you! Too bad we didn't get to play offline for once. That room was just way too packed and...well...I couldn't stay the night.
13: JRUGS== Nice seeing you again bro bro. Where did you go anyway? Seemed like you left out of nowhere. :O
13: Paw== Our double ZSS was legit. We did dumb stuff tho.
13: Shaya== Nice to meet you! Incredible Marth!
17: P4== PEEEFOUUR
17: BC== You are such an intelligent player. This tourney had some stiff competition, but I personally think you have potential to get top 10.
17: ToT== ICIEEESS
17: Dark Shifter== our mid tier set that nobody watched was so hype. Great games!
17: Tesh== That placing by your Sonic has been LONG overdue and the timeout with MK against Razer was beautifully done. Great work overall and don't worry about doubles. We have to work extra hard to get to the next level before whobo 4.
17: Zano== Nice to finally meet the legendary Zano!
17: Nike== So chill. Always. How does Nike do it?
17: K_Bot== Fun games. I apologize but I should've mentioned the Wario thing after our set (I didn't mean any disrespect) but good thing Tesh filled you in. Aside from that, I felt like you just need to get used to the matchup, but overall, great ICs/Wario.
25: TigerX== It was fun watching your matches. Keep up the good work.
25: Kilik== Rawest Sheik to ever sheik.
25: Kadin== Solid work in our doubles matches. Keep it up.
25: Zero== Always a pleasure. You got this next time.
25: Maharba== MAHARBARBARBARBAR. LOL @ the set with PJ.
25: DJ Phatz== You put in work in our friendlies. You are still getting better and that's all that matters. Just stay focused!

Special shoutouts:

-Cedric the Killa: This guy was cool but...kind of crazy.
-Infinity to Shaya: "Welcome to America. We grab. *handshake*"
-Infinity's Inflatable Bed.
-The GREATEST Pit vs TL set to ever happen in Brawl + epic game 1 music

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I got a rather easy bracket. I beat ToT (local ICs), Zano, paw, sync, pj. Lost to dphat and infinity.
That's extremely disrespectful to these players especially considering the character you use.

If all these people went mk on you and played the gayest this game can be against you then you wouldnt be saying it was "rather easy".

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm sorry I said that. It was inappropriate.

I was trying to compare my bracket to Illmatic who had Infinity and then Gnes straight after.

Top Bottom