• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ASC no longer as safe at ledge “trapping”?

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
So in Sm4sh we all know how strong of a tool high aura ASC(aura sphere charge) was at the ledge against an opponent hanging at the ledge, but it doesn’t seem as effective in Ultimate?

It still works at times at high aura but looks like most characters are able to neutral get up and have enough frames of invincibility to avoid getting trapped by it? Anyone else notice this?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Get up attacks can go through it. If you parry that though you may get a FP, UTilt or grab out of it.

Speaking of FP the flame can hit people who stay too long at the ledge at mid to high Aura. At least it hits earlier than I would expect it to.

We need to get some labbing going.

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Get up attacks can go through it. If you parry that though you may get a FP, UTilt or grab out of it.

Speaking of FP the flame can hit people who stay too long at the ledge at mid to high Aura. At least it hits earlier than I would expect it to.

We need to get some labbing going.
Ugh that seems to be the only thing about Ultimate Lucario that bothers me compared to his Sm4sh iteration. But I guess still useful as a small mind game. Thanks for the advice. Definitely a lot of options to be tested.

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Dude. Lucario's ledge set-play is still godlike. All you need to do is stand at ledge roll distance from the ledge and charge Aura sphere.
-Enemy does neutral get-up/get up attack: Fire the sphere
-Enemy rolls; Gets caught in the Aura sphere charge and eats a ASC combo/mix up

The only thing you need to call out is get up jump with short hop Aura sphre and even then, most of the time it's low risk since they can rarely threaten you while trying to land. Hell, if certain characters are tall enough, you can short hop, fire the AS and it will still hit their neutral get up (but this needs to labbed).
Also B-revering the ASC to ledge when they pick a ledge option or dash-dancing at the ledge is a good way to set up some ASC while avoiding ledge-drop aerials with proper movement rather than just standing at the ledge and hoping they get caught.

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Dude. Lucario's ledge set-play is still godlike. All you need to do is stand at ledge roll distance from the ledge and charge Aura sphere.
-Enemy does neutral get-up/get up attack: Fire the sphere
-Enemy rolls; Gets caught in the Aura sphere charge and eats a ASC combo/mix up

The only thing you need to call out is get up jump with short hop Aura sphre and even then, most of the time it's low risk since they can rarely threaten you while trying to land. Hell, if certain characters are tall enough, you can short hop, fire the AS and it will still hit their neutral get up (but this needs to labbed).
Also B-revering the ASC to ledge when they pick a ledge option or dash-dancing at the ledge is a good way to set up some ASC while avoiding ledge-drop aerials with proper movement rather than just standing at the ledge and hoping they get caught.
Will give all these options a go tomorrow. Thanks!

Tcansams

Smash Rookie
if you find that they're consitantly rolling onto stage hitem with a downsmash

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Too bad aura spheres full charge hitbox is literally garbage. They can throw a hitbox out no problem from ledge if you sit there charging.

Crucible

Smash Apprentice
NNID
4evrsmash
Too bad aura spheres full charge hitbox is literally garbage. They can throw a hitbox out no problem from ledge if you sit there charging.
Basically why I started this thread. Unless you’re at high aura like 120%+ then I don’t use it to ledge trap anymore

Top Bottom