• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As an Ike player what gives you trouble with Ness?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
So my main is Ness and Ike seems like a somewhat problematic matchup for me. If there’s an Ike a little below or at my skill level I probably won’t win. I don’t have trouble with the other FE swordies or Cloud. I just play footsies until I can get in for a grab, pkfire, or an aerial string and play super aggro and don’t let advantage to all match? Would the same sort of strategy work on Ike. The problem is that Ike’s disjoint is so big that there are very few opportunities to get in plus he can kill in like 3 hits. If any Ness’s have given you trouble what did they do?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ness's combos can be hard to get out of. Learn how to press your advantage without dropping it. Learn the combo strings that work and nail them down.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Ness's combos can be hard to get out of. Learn how to press your advantage without dropping it. Learn the combo strings that work and nail them down.
I’ve got all the strings nailed down air tight and I usually don’t drop advantage. The problem is it seems much harder to get in on Ike than the other sword characters. I’ll win the matchup sometimes and I don’t think it’s a terrible matchup but my windows of opportunity are smaller with Ike than they are with Chrom, Lucina, and Cloud usually. That’s my game plan is to gain advantage early, string combos, take an early lead, and then keep playing aggro and keep advantage throughout the game and it usually works, it’s just harder to get to that point with Ike. The way he spaces when a good player is playing him leaves very few openings for Ness. I probably just have to play the matchup more because I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong. Was just looking for tips

Top Bottom