• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As a DK main, what character would u want on ur team? (Doubles)

Brug4L

Smash Rookie
I literally just made this account so if im i the wrong place PLEASE let me knowm Thanx for any and all help.

Im entering my first doubles tourney on saturday and my partner plays DK. I main Luigi but im thinking he wont be so good in doubles. My secondary characters include Pit, Sonic, Rosa and Donkey Kong. Also FF will be on.

If you had to choose between Luigi, Pit , Sonic, Rosa or another DK, who would u want on ur team? And why?

Gurpwnder

Smash Rookie
Luigi DK could definitely work, as a DK cargo u-throw u-air to a rising Luigi cyclone is definitely a killer app. Also, DK's cargo f-throw sending an opponent at a very high angle also works to the team's advantage here. Looking at your choice of partners, I would say Luigi would make for the best partner to DK, then Rosalina, then Pit, then another DK, then Sonic.

I say this because in doubles, Donkey Kong offers tonnes of vertical launch moves that a partner can capitalize off of. Hand slap becomes a team combo starter in doubles, as do cargo u-throw, f-throw, d-throw, u-tilt and more. Luigi and Rosalina can definitely capitalize on these launchers with his cyclone or her u-air.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Luigi would be fine, so would Rosa. Luigi because he offers fireballs, so perhaps you can zone them so your partner can charge punch. Gurp already said everything else I was gonna say.
As a general tip for playing dubs with a DK, if he knows the Ding Dong(cargo, jump, uthrow, jump, uair. Kill combo) and knows how to use it effectively, never ever ever ever try to get in the way and try to hit the opponent as he's trying to do this combo. Nothing is more infuriating than having a secured kill then having my partner hit me and/or them away so I don't get the kill. Talk to your partner about this.

Brug4L

Smash Rookie
Thanx for all the input. I ended up going with Luigi and we got second place out of 18 teams.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Anybody with great gimp skills. Dk usually works best as stage control while a note agile fighter dances around him.

I do good with Yoshi, ZSS, Shiek, and have done good with a Ness player.

TestyCoals

Smash Cadet
That's really good man, second place for now but you can surely get first next time; Luigi and DK work very well together.

Top Bottom