• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Articuno Confirmed For Brawl" Saturday July 12 Appleton, WI

Zicore

Smash Champion
oooh that sounds super raptor.
Oh, it would be. Right on a lake, too. So if people stink, we can throw them in there.

But lone, how many locals do you think will be there? I might take cosmo up to this just so he can win some money.

Spikes...$5 all random mm for brawl? I think you know the rules =P

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
i should be showing up and taking my little brother and maybe a friend.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to attend, but summer is the busiest time for my job. I'll see if I can sweet talk my employers to allow it. So far I've only attended Soul Calibur tournaments and done pretty well. (I don't mean to brag, but I actually drove away players because they knew the result.) I want to go mainly for the experience. I've never practiced at tech play, but I've looked at some tournament videos posted around here. It looks challenging without being intimidating. I think I've just been scarred by Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and older videos of Melee.
Anyway, if I do get to go, I'm probably going to need some help. I'll be able to do a Mapquest, but I still have a tendency to get lost when it comes down to looking for the pinpoint location. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would give me a phone number to give me directions when I need it. Of course, having someone else drive me up there would be even more ideal, but I suspect I'm too far out of the way for anyone who would do it.

To contribute something to the thread, I don't see anything regarding items here. Granted, I haven't been part of the tournament scene, but I think items are an important part of what makes Smash Bros. fun. It can still be competitive by eliminating the broken items and some of them actually require strategy to pull off correctly. The nature of smash balls is a whole debate by itself, so I'll leave that alone to your judgment for now. However, I don't see what the harm would be in including the boxes, super scope, or most of the items for that matter. I don't remember what I banned from my own personal play, but off the bat I can recall the fan and ray gun. I'm not denying the luck factor involved at all, but as long as care is taken regarding what items are present, I don't see how that luck should become overpowering. I'm sorry if this is too much to bring up. Like I said, I'm an outsider and whatever I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I don't think anyone really understands what makes brawl truly fair just yet so it's moot. Until that's properly developed, it will probably stay items off.
Also the venue is a hotel like 4 inches off of the highway so you shouldn't need mapquest.

Ethan.

Smash Ace
there's a picture of eighteenspikes in my sig.

anyways i'm definatly coming to this. anyone need a partner?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Alright, this tourney is a little more than a month away. It's time to start talking about setups. Set ups for brawl now consist of

-A wii
-One Wiimote
-Brawl
-Tv

We also need extension cords/power cables.

I can for sure bring one full set up.

I also need a team mate for this.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
If need be, I have plenty I can bring. I have 4 GC controllers (1 wireless), 3 Wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, and 1 classic controller. It's not a full setup, but I've only got so much money to devote. I haven't often had much call for Wii controllers, though I can see why some people prefer it. After trying out the nunchuck setup for a while, it was a little jarring to go back to GC because it's so drastically different.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Alright, this tourney is a little more than a month away. It's time to start talking about setups. Set ups for brawl now consist of

-A wii
-One Wiimote
-Brawl
-Tv
I can bring a Wii, a Wiimote, and a copy of Brawl.
Also, if anyone wants to team up with me, I could use a partner.

Top Bottom