• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arthur: Ghosts 'n Goblins Support Thread

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Alright everyone, get your $0.75 ready. Let's show Nintendo how much we love and appreciate this classic series and its protagonist.
You got a Mii Costume. Congrats!
A new Ghosts and Goblins game came out last week! So was Arthur's mii costume intended to promote his new game?

Travis (No More Heroes) may have been forgotten, but Arthur remains remembered to this day.

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I really don't understand the point of this costume. If you don't already have an Arthur Mii, isn't this just generic knight armor? Unless it transforms into boxers above 100% damage or something...

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
Shout out to the Arthur supporters here. Went ahead and made an Arthur mii to use with the costume. I was having trouble figuring out which color looked the most reddish brown for his facial hair,

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to leave my congratulations. For some time, I had always liked the idea of Ghosts N Goblins being represented someway in Smash and I'm kind of glad that it some attention. Regardless of reason, it is still some light for the series. Arthur's costume looks alright and I'll definitely try it out as I adore the series.

I have yet to try Resurrection but in due time I will as it looks interesting despite the changes.

What a time to be a fan, indeed. Hopefully this does well for the future somehow. For the series and for Smash.

:bowser:.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Now when I'm thinking about it, ever since a Mii costume and spirit (via Resurrection's save data) came up, people will be more interested on Ghosts 'n Goblins (depending on a difficulty) and may discuss their ideas there more than we had before.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now when I'm thinking about it, ever since a Mii costume and spirit (via Resurrection's save data) came up, people will be more interested on Ghosts 'n Goblins (depending on a difficulty) and may discuss their ideas there more than we had before.
I can't wait for people to call it the "Dark Souls" of 2D platformers, even if it actually isn't that much far off from the truth. :wario:

But yeah, publicity via Smash even like this will be good in the long run. It'll increase support for Arthur and at the very least get this thread bigger than a diddy three pages.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I can't wait for people to call it the "Dark Souls" of 2D platformers, even if it actually isn't that much far off from the truth. :wario:
Sounds a little bit backwards to me.

They call it "Nintendo Hard" for a reason, and games like Ghosts and Goblin were very much one of those reasons.

It would actually be kind of funny if for Ghosts and Goblins spirit battles, you stared off at 300% damage for each one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sounds a little bit backwards to me.

They call it "Nintendo Hard" for a reason, and games like Ghosts and Goblin were very much one of those reasons.

It would actually be kind of funny if for Ghosts and Goblins spirit battles, you stared off at 300% damage for each one.
I'm just referencing how journalists called the Crash trilogy the "Dark Souls" of 3D platformers, back when N. Sane Trilogy released.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Well, they probably hoped it would get Arthur into Smash. And when it didn't they were like "Well nuts to you then!" :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, they probably hoped it would get Arthur into Smash. And when it didn't they were like "Well nuts to you then!" :p
At the end of the day, Capcom wants to make lots of money on as many platforms as possible, so this isn't new (take it from someone who bought Viewtiful Joe when it first was a Gamecube exclusive). I just didn't expect it this soon.

That said, I get the distinct impression that so far they've been having issues deciding on a DLC character, seeing as Monster Hunter and Resident Evil have also been skipped over entirely (with insiders only stating "internal politics" for RE's case), and Chun-Li is rumored to have had plans for her dropped. So unless it was first come first serve (from the part of other developers), I'd find it bleeding weird for Capcom to just settle with :ultken: in the base game and some DLC Mii costumes.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite a long-time fan of Sir Arthur myself for long while now - still do go back on the classic trilogy now and then, along with being a beloved main of Arthur in MvC3. (Thanks to both Mushroom Kingdom Fusion and Project x Zone for bringing me interest~)

I'm already pretty content with the tributes and now the recent reboot installment GnG has gotten from Capcom, so this is just sweet gesture- the Mii Costume looks decent enough, I'd say~

Oddball

Smash Lord
I finally got around to playing the new Ghosts and Goblins game.

I do like how on easier difficulties Arthur's armor can be knocked off in chunks and wonder if that would work in Smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This, Vault Boy, and Cuphead were the PreMIIums I was happy to see.
I'd have taken the first two (Arthur and Vault Boy) as full characters, but it is one instance where the upgraded costumes make me content.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean...a Capcom game showing up in another Capcom game isn't really a big deal...

I wish the collab went both ways and I could, like, fight Rathalos in GnGR or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom