• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Art With Your Power VI

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm not sure if I'll submit anything. I'm missing the tablet pen. :urg:
You don't need a tablet to draw. All you need is some paper and pencil/pen/a stick that's been burned at one end. Just challenge yourself to create something you can be proud of in the next 48 hours. :D

Not to mention it doesn't even have to be a drawing. Build something out of Legos if you have to.

Mewter

Smash Master
You don't need a tablet to draw. All you need is some paper and pencil/pen/a stick that's been burned at one end. Just challenge yourself to create something you can be proud of in the next 48 hours. :D

Not to mention it doesn't even have to be a drawing. Build something out of Legos if you have to.
Of course! The scanner! :embarrass:
Forget the coloration though.
I'll edit it into this post when it's finished.

Edit: @Alley Cat: I don't know...

Edit 2:
[collapse="All right, here's what I got done."]

Description: After a long night of partying with everyone out of the house, Johnny gets up to brush his teeth. There are cups on the floor, bottles of alcohol laying around, fallen or tilted family photos, scattered clothes, and even a disco ball for the heck of it. The strange monster in the mirror has a couple of party hats in order to replace the beanie the kid is wearing, a balloon, and in its right hand is a party blowout instead of a toothbrush. It's pretty surprised at the appearance of his parents.This creature represents what his actions mean about him and show his parents' disgust with his actions.
Process:The first few of things that I thought of that related to the word "monster" were someone that had wronged someone else in a cruel or terrible way, some kind of Eldritch abomination, or just a simple ugly monster. I started out trying to make a completely asymmetrical, horrifying mess of a beast with horns and teeth sprouting everywhich way, but eventually took inspiration from Alley Cat's photo and decided to turn the monster into a party monster. I then built the sink around the guy and then started filling in the background. [/collapse]
[collapse="WIP Snapshots:"]
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Ihsorak/ToothpastePartyMonsterWIP1.jpg
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Ihsorak/ToothpastePartyMonsterWIP2.jpg
http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr236/Ihsorak/ToothpastePartyMonsterWIP3.jpg[/collapse]
Can't wait to see everyone else's.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Oh my, I didn't realize today's the final due date. Guess I'll have to work with what I have.

As my first submission to AWYP, I guess I took the easy path to this topic to at least set a bar for myself. I downloaded images of (video game) werewolves to my phone as sources so that I could draw this while on school campus without my laptop. Since I mainly meddle in pencil drawings and my sketchbook, I work from the head down, citing position between my two sources (John Talbain and Warwick if you haven't figured it out by then). Fiddled a lot with the hair and fur and troubling with his arm, hand, and abs. By the time I left campus, I had the upper torso all fleshed out.

Work in Progress 1

Got back home to check this thread to realize that the due date was this midnight. Honestly, I rushed the lower half of the drawing in fear of missing the date. Never drew a werewolf before so I had difficulty placing the legs. I daresay it's similar yet different to drawing the hind legs of ponies so-- yeah. But with this newfound knowledge of a time crunch, I just drew out the skeleton of the his legs, feet, and tail.

Work in Progress 2

In the end, my rush led to an uneven shading. Added fur to the outlines of... anywhere that was considered fur, and made one final smudge over everything. And the eyes are "glowing" and pupil-less. The tail... very generic and poorly positioned.

*Shrug* Well there's always next time.

Mechanical #2 pencil, 0.7mm lead
Tissue paper (for smudging)

My sketchbook so dirty, lint and all.
Edit: Actually, I thought about having just the torso up being my submission, but I forgot there was the Work in Progress requirements.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Wish I would have given myself some more time for this, but alas, classwork takes priority over forum contests xP

[collapse="Scary Monster"][/collapse]

About ze picture
I had to think about this. I wanted to avoid drawing just a scary monster attacking/scaring someone, because that was my first idea. I can never go with the first idea. So, I decided I'd draw a girl scaring a monster. Yeah, that's right. The girl is the monster here, not good ol' Mr. Sludgy. Hes scared stiff of that little bugger.

What I did
Photoshop. Digital painting. Yeah.

Sketched the girl and monster
Base line work for both
Colored monster
Colored girl
Touch ups on both
Detail lines
Fixed contrast, color balance, an added a gradient map overly layer

WIP proofs
http://littlemisslokii.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/monster1.png
http://littlemisslokii.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/monster.png

Now, I am late for going to a concert with my parents >___> Adios!!!

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Procrastination... x__x

[collapse=Monster][collapse=Not for the very squeamish]
[/collapse][/collapse]

Description:
When I was five, my parents bought me five goldfish and a bowl. None of us knew how to take care of them, and by the second night one had already died. I put the dead one in a glass cup and stirred it a bit, and then its intestines came out.

Now I have two healthy ones in my room. They waggle excitedly whenever I walk by and they're quite amusing to watch. The thought of harming a goldfish disturbs me very much now, but for most people it doesn't. A few days ago I saw a dead goldfish lying in the middle of the hallway in my school, and people were laughing at it. Fish have quite expressionless faces; they don't have much muscle covering their bony skulls and they don't have eyelids to create expressions with. People don't think of fish as being capable of feeling pain, because the first place we look for emotion is the face, but it is obvious when a fish is in pain, from lifeless sagging of fins to frantic thrashing. How must a fish who is being suffocated or gutted alive think of us?

Process: I made a rough sketch in SAI and then I put in some colors. I adjust the composition, then kept on painting the glass and the bowl. When that was done, I opened it in GIMP and put a black multiply gradient over top, then I went back to SAI and refined the background colors. Then I went back to GIMP and did some blur, then I went back to SAI and painted the goldfish which I loosely used a reference for, and yay done :D

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/global-wolf/monsterwip1.jpg
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/global-wolf/monsterwip2.jpg

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Nothing like remembering the contest an hour before it ends and rushing to get something done XD
This may be a bit of an eyesore >.>

Yeah, I would have done something a bit more...pristine if I wasn't the worlds greatest procrastinator ._.
Decided to have something with a chaotic feel, chaotic coloring, chaotic lines, chaotic atmosphere, chaotic everything.
Enjoy if it doesn't burn your eyes to look at ._.
Drew outlines of a dragon and mountains (and the derpy cloaked guy.)
Opened up photoshop
Traced my own lines
Colored over the lines with a base color brush
Realized I forgot to edit the layer
Drew moar lines over the color because Im stupid and had to work one-layered
Scribbled shading to my liking (sorta)
finished
*banged head against wall for 2 minutes*
Edit: 2000th post, what are the odds?
edit AGAIN- Forgot the WIPs, jeeze Im stupid XD>.>
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx214/charmander1065/Dragonlineart-1.jpg
http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx214/charmander1065/Dragoncopy.png

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Great stuff everyone!

We'll try to have the results up sometime this century. :D

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
How many more hours til the comp closes?

I have my picture finished, but for some reason I'm facing techical problems. Can't seem to upload anywhere, i've even tried facebook on my phone...

Must be a connection problem, hopefully I can fix it and have it up in a few hours :(

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
^^^We have an hour and a half. I'll be done soon but it's obvious I rushed to finish. Oh well I'll go back and fix it later for AP =\

Actually, I think I'm just not going to enter this time because rushing is ruining the picture. This is what I was working on
it is 10th pic chrinologically in my 12 pic story. The dude in blue is the "monster" because he murdered the other guy's wife and then framed him. Plus he got a bad *** monster buster blade.

:phone:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"

Description:
I started off brainstorming ideas of monsters and ended up concluding everything about monsters was bad**s. So I fused ideas to create a cyborg demon held temporarily by chains.

I used a mechanical pencil to draw a rough outline of the figure and went on from there to add detail, chains, wings, horns, and robotic features. Complete the shading and then scanned onto PC :)

Hope you like it :p

WIP Proofs taken with Galaxy S phone :p

Special thanks to my friend who solved my dilemma of being unable to upload to my photobucket by her uploading on her Tumblr :)

Geist

Smash Master
I'd like to make note that if anyone wants my patented in-depth critiques for their AWYP work, I'll be glad to oblige if you message me or ask me here or whatever.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Just because of that, I'm going to be miserable judging and IP ban every one that doesn't score perfectly (which will be every one) :mad088:

Top Bottom