• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Art of True Speed Sonic Guide (Completed)

Guide Art of True Speed Sonic Guide (Completed)

Sonic Meaper

Smash Cadet
NNID
None
3DS FC
2294-7045-5918
Switch FC
8435-0200-1637
Sonic Meaper submitted a new guide:

2nd Updated version 2 Sonic guide - First guide is recreated into almost new guide with more tips and advices and MORE

Blue Blur: Too Slow
Hello everyone! Welcome to my new 2nd version 2 sonic guide! I am going to give you more new tips and advices about how to use sonic. I can at least try to make it more understandable. Let's go through this

First of all, let's talk about Sonic

Sonic is a #1 runner character in this game. Of course he is the fastest thing alive! He uses spin attacks and his fighting style and of...
Read more about this guide...

Jwiz10

Smash Rookie
The thing is that every time i find something new about sonic (because i'm a casual competitive smash player, meaning that I play casual smash but me and the rest of my friends use competitive techniques), my friends figure it out and counter it in days, leaving me stuck in a place where I lose every match.

Here's an example:
Recently I found a new mindgame for sonic (dash cancel back and forth) and won a couple matches. a few days later, my friend immediately punished my mindgame, and i kept losing matches for weeks. This also couples with the fact that he knows my playstyle and that all of my competitive techniques are pured into sonic, because he's my number one character. I tried your suggestion about fighting 3 level 9 sonics and (surprise surprise), failed miserably. and that's not even taking into account my abnormally high selfdestruct rate (again, i'm a casual player that knows some competitive techniques).

I just know that I haven't been using sonic's full potential, otherwise I would have skill that rivals and/or equals 6WX. Any more tips on how not to be predictable would be greatly appreciated.

Sonic Meaper

Smash Cadet
NNID
None
3DS FC
2294-7045-5918
Switch FC
8435-0200-1637
The thing is that every time i find something new about sonic (because i'm a casual competitive smash player, meaning that I play casual smash but me and the rest of my friends use competitive techniques), my friends figure it out and counter it in days, leaving me stuck in a place where I lose every match.

Here's an example:
Recently I found a new mindgame for sonic (dash cancel back and forth) and won a couple matches. a few days later, my friend immediately punished my mindgame, and i kept losing matches for weeks. This also couples with the fact that he knows my playstyle and that all of my competitive techniques are pured into sonic, because he's my number one character. I tried your suggestion about fighting 3 level 9 sonics and (surprise surprise), failed miserably. and that's not even taking into account my abnormally high selfdestruct rate (again, i'm a casual player that knows some competitive techniques).

I just know that I haven't been using sonic's full potential, otherwise I would have skill that rivals and/or equals 6WX. Any more tips on how not to be predictable would be greatly appreciated.
OK I meant fight three LV 9 cpu as team by yourself. To keep yourself from being predictable is to mix up your options. Go to YouTube and type in ssb4 out of the way sonic Montage and ssb4 blue blur combo these might help you. Oh hey do you want my fc on 3ds to help you? This is optional but you can give me your friends fc so I can probably show you how to find a way to beat them. I am good at reads and baits

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:

Sonic Meaper

Smash Cadet
NNID
None
3DS FC
2294-7045-5918
Switch FC
8435-0200-1637
Sonic Meaper updated Art of True Speed Sonic Guide (Work in progress) [UPDATE] IM BACK SORRY with a new update entry:

Art of True Speed Sonic Guide (Work in progress) [UPDATE] IM BACK SORRY

Hello guys Im so sorry!! No worries I'm back now! Imma update this old as heck sonic guide and transform it into a full sonic guide that everyone can use it! Yes I'm adding more, changing and editing some stuff! I hope you guys are looking forward to this! :)
Read the rest of this update entry...

Sonic Meaper

Smash Cadet
NNID
None
3DS FC
2294-7045-5918
Switch FC
8435-0200-1637
Top Bottom