• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Art Giveaway for Melee @ EVO! WINNERS ANNOUNCED! SEE OP!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
WINNERS!
Slhoka
Dazwa
Hourglass
M2K
Awstintacious

Thanks for entering everyone and thanks for supporting Melee @ EVO and Breast Cancer Research!

Hi. I'm Lokii. I make pictures and stuff.
Inspired by the motivation of my fellow SWFians, I have decided to sneak some time between homework to do some pictures to add a teeeny incentive to all of this. I talked to Scar, since him and all of the people helping with Melee It On Me are doing an amazing job!!!

I will be giving away FIVE (5) marker drawings RANDOMLY.
They are all traditionally drawn, inked, and colored with fancy shmancy markers. I will send them to you personally with a nice note or something and maybe a decorated envelope. Aka, it will all be personalized and hopefully cool and stuff. (or if you dont want art in the mail, I'll draw you a nice digital picture)

For samples of my marker work...

Note: I cant exactly make something to the scale of my BlazBlue playmat.....I'm STILL working on this, and it has taken me MONTHS because of the scale

I dont know if many people will be interested, and i sadly do not have much to give, due to limited resources and time. But, free art is nice and giveaways are cool.

If you are interested in entering, send a PROOF OF DONATION to meleeevoartgiveaway@gmail.com. This is a contest for donors only :c Sorry

I'll randomly choose 5 winners from the entrants and email the winners back.
Winners can choose what they want drawn.

Thanks for supporting a good cause and for fighting for MELEE AT EVO!! <3

Deadline is the end of the donation drive

ps questions or concerns can be directed here or via PMs
i might be leaving stuff out and not realizing it because im at Global Game Jam and have barely slept. Gotta finish our game.....

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
If any other artists are interested in helping you out, that would be awesome. I'm sure getting more of your artist friends to help out in the same way would spread word of this contest to all of their fans.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mhm : o
I was going to get the SWF Art community involved...but most of them are offline at the moment > _ >
I'm not sleeping, so I thought "might as well start the thread"

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll definitely be entering this.

As cool as this contest is, it would be cool if other artists could come out and say "for this much money donated, I'll give you a commissioned drawing."

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
As cool as this contest is, it would be cool if other artists could come out and say "for this much money donated, I'll give you a commissioned drawing."
This. I lost my Sandman commission at Apex so I'd be psyched if I can have the hole in my heart filled if an X donation for a commission is had.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mhm
If I had time, I would honestly do that :'c
But, I'm already behind on homework due to Global Game Jam this weekend, so I cannot :'c

sadness
I at least wanted to do something small. this is an awesome community and its great we are raising so much money for a good cause and for EVOOOO

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Decided on a system just now
wooo
5-24: 1 entry
25-49: 2 entries
50-74: 3 entries
75-99: 4 entries
100-200: 6 entries
200+: 8 entries

One win per person tho. unless i only get like 4 people or less.

One person so far. 1

:I

At this rate, this person will get all 5 pictures roflllll

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
about 40 minutes left if anyone is still interested in entering! I'll prolong the giveaway til probably tomorrow afternoon, since I'm on EST and will probably sleep right after this ends

Thanks though, everyone. This community is seriously astounding. Melee, Brawl, 64, PM...no matter what game you play.....
it's amazing to see an entire community work together in order to get something done
This will help so many people who are fighting cancer or who will be diagnosed with cancer. We're making the world a better place one step at a time.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Triple post for reasons

CONGRATS MELEE!!! Smash is best community <3
Great job, Skullgirls. you folks rock.

----

ALSO

GIVEAWAY WILL BE CLOSING AT 7:59PM EST ON SUNDAY NIGHT (2/3)
JUST SEND PROOF OF DONATION TO meleeevoartgiveaway@gmail.com
I'LL TALLY THE VOTES AFTER THAT TIME AND EMAIL THE WINNERS FOR FURTHER INFORMATION (commission details, addresses, etc)

Thanks to everyone who supported Melee!!!!!

Shard

Smash Cadet
Hey, totally random question, artist-to-artist:

What kind of black liner do you use for your marker work?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I use either Sakura pigma microns (aka I just call em microns. Easily found for 12$ for a pack of 6 different liners) or a fountain pen (I really am liking the variations of line width) with sumi-o calligraphy ink

:phone:

Shard

Smash Cadet
I use either Sakura pigma microns (aka I just call em microns. Easily found for 12$ for a pack of 6 different liners) or a fountain pen (I really am liking the variations of line width) with sumi-o calligraphy ink

Yeah. Sumi ink is THE SHIZ.

Do you know if the Sakura microns bleed with Copics?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I rarely have issues with that (I think they either contain sumi ink or india ink....gonna check actually)
I just give the microns a few minutes to dry like I would the sumi ink

Microns are also waterproof, which is awesome.

Shard

Smash Cadet
I rarely have issues with that (I think they either contain sumi ink or india ink....gonna check actually)
I just give the microns a few minutes to dry like I would the sumi ink

Microns are also waterproof, which is awesome.

Thanks. All my liners are like dead. I'd totally go for the fancy Copic refillables, but they're so. damn. expensive. $75 for a set!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yiiikes >__< im currently a student, so I just aim for cheap throwaway pens that last a long time or traditional bottles of ink
Much much easier, especially since mu work is now primarily digital due to schoolwork

Edit:
http://lokiiart.tumblr.com/image/42035523446
Here are the tools I primarily use for traditional work, to give a better idea of stuff for everyone xD

Shard

Smash Cadet
Yiiikes >__< im currently a student, so I just aim for cheap throwaway pens that last a long time or traditional bottles of ink
Much much easier, especially since mu work is now primarily digital due to schoolwork

Yeah, I know that feel, bro. Art supplies are like a vice to me. Walking into Blick for me is like an alcoholic walking into a liquor store. Somehow I've amassed a ton of Copics. Usually with Blick's 40% off coupons or Craigslist.

I actually started digital then moved over to real media. But I went to school for computer science and premed, not art.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I know that feel u___u siiiiigh art supplies y

Ah : o yeah not a lot of chance for art there xP

Im in game design (with a focus in concept art/illustration/maybe texturing), so digital is a must xP

Shard

Smash Cadet
I know that feel u___u siiiiigh art supplies y

Ah : o yeah not a lot of chance for art there xP

Im in game design (with a focus in concept art/illustration/maybe texturing), so digital is a must xP

Oh, cool. What school? I was interested in game design for a while, though with a programmer's focus.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Art institute of Pittsburgh
We primarily focus on 3D here, but we have some amazing concept art talent coming outta the school. I just learn from them

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
DOUBLE POST FOR GIVEAWAY!

WINNERS ARE:

Slhoka
Dazwa
Hourglass
M2K
Awstintacious

Thanks for entering everyone and thanks for supporting Melee @EVO AND Breast Cancer Research!
I'll be emailing everyone for details on addresses/commission details/etc! Thanks, folks and congrats!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
DOUBLE POST FOR GIVEAWAY!

WINNERS ARE:

Slhoka
Dazwa
Hourglass
M2K
Awstintacious

Thanks for entering everyone and thanks for supporting Melee @EVO AND Breast Cancer Research!
I'll be emailing everyone for details on addresses/commission details/etc! Thanks, folks and congrats!
Yeah! Awesome! I'm sending you the details!

Thank you very much !

Awstintacious

Smash Apprentice
OMG, I totally missed this, I also won a raffle and just saw it, I'll email you too, but zomg I'm like on such good feelings right now haha. If it's too late to have anything done, that's fine, my bad. So I should email you what drawing I would want O.o?

Top Bottom