• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrange Character Select Screen by franchise?

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Does anyone else want this to be a thing? If we can't arrange the CSS by franchise then it will look so messy. This is just my opinion. Seeing new characters like Ridley and K. Rool join the roster makes me want to see them on the CSS next to their respective franchises. Sakurai said in the E3 Direct that "Stages are arranged by order of appearance in the series, similar to the characters." I personally would love an *By Franchise* option for the CSS. The Smash Ultimate website even lets you sort characters by franchise so why not?

Last edited:

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
I hope it's a thing for the sake of options, which Ultimate seems to have in abundance.

I used to find it messy and hard to navigate but honestly, at this point I think I'm starting to prefer the "order they joined Smash" CSS. Having all of the DLC characters (if there is DLC) still be in order is a plus.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Ya the *order of appearance* look is growing on me, but when I look back at Smash 4 DLC and see stuff like Mewtwo placed alone with no fellow Pokemon, it just bothers me. All previous Smash games seem to be ordered by franchise, except for Smash 4 DLC. Lets hope they give us more options similar to the Echo Fighter *stack* option. Even Mario Kart has always ordered by franchise as far as I know. It just looks more organized.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I do wonder if Sakurai will give us the option on how we will want it: series or number order

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Considering the official site lets you do both, I hope we have the option of doing both in game as well. Ditto the stages, since I prefer seeing them by series as well.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I agree. Not to mention its odd having the original cast of 8, with Dark Samus thrown in between (which also screams to me to expect at least one more of the original 8 with an Echo fighter. My guesses are a DK echo (I'm hoping DK Jr but expecting Funky because of bullpoop), a Mario Echo, and A Pikachu echo.

I also want the echo fighters' locations to be allow to be altered one at a time. Dixie deserves a separate square. Daisy can hide in the corner.

Top Bottom