• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Armada Joins The Alliance!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
When Armada tweeted that he was no longer sponsored by Empire Arcadia or Play 4 Keeps about a week ago, many anticipated that Armada, arguably the second best Melee player in the world would not remain without a sponsor for very long. These expectations proved to be true, as Armada was announced to be the first professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player sponsored by gargantuan e-sports team, The Alliance.

Oooooh, did I win?
Armada is the undisputed best Peach player to ever play Super Smash Bros. Melee, and he is now joining an elite group of DOTA, League of Legends, and FIFA players. There's no other Smasher who deserves it more. How excited are you for Armada's sponsorship? Which Smasher do you believe deserves to be sponsored next?

See the official announcement page here.

KhanYe got a B+ on his brain exam today. Brains are rather confusing. Talk to me on Twitter @rbdayman.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Damn. That's huge. Glad to see melee players go further into the realm of esports teams.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
It's good that Smashers are getting more recognition in the pro gaming community.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
This is insane I hope Alliance or other huge exports teams picks up more players and smash really gets the attention and competition it deserves for being such a good game. Congrats to armada and GL to the rest of the European scene I wish you all nothing but amazing things

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
SSBM, with brawl background??????!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!

what.

Last edited:

Grovfu

Smash Rookie
NNID
XMister_RatburnX
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Cloud 9 a pretty notable team as well?

Regardless, congratulations to Armada! Talented player, he is. Deserves every bit.

E1ghtB1tGh0st

Smash Rookie
I know right? For a while it has been Call of Duty, Battlefield, Spacecraft, etc. So seeing how SSB is getting some attention is a great change!

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
Soon we'll have Smash Clones, then a Smash-like Fighting Genre, and then... THE WORLD!!!

Azew

Smash Lord
Congratulations Armada. Also, it's great for smash to get recognized as an esport, even remotely

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Congrats to him.
I feel smash bros. is making a bigger comeback. Were talking about names and were taking names out the water. That the smash bros will recognize like one of the e-sports. Keep up Armada, show that smash bros. is not just a game, is a experienced, talented, unique and can be more than a party game, is can be competitive.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This is awesome! Super Smash Bros. REPRESENT!

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
It would be better to say Arguably the BEST player in the world, Because that is a debatable title. IMO Armada is the best player in the world.

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
Honestly anything is better than Empire Arcadia, but joining The Alliance is huge. Glad Smash is getting attention from more bigger name e-sports teams.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
Warning Received
ok cool i guess? lol ppl get way too excited for someone being accepted into a nerd group. no offense rofl

Morbi

Scavenger
No other Smasher deserves it more? Why is that the case, there was no reason provided unless it is to be implied that the best Peach player is more "deserving" than others; however, I have a feeling that Peach is irrelevant here.

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
When Armada tweeted that he was no longer sponsored by Empire Arcadia or Play 4 Keeps about a week ago, many anticipated that Armada, arguably the second best Melee player in the world would not remain without a sponsor for very long. These expectations proved to be true, as Armada was announced to be the first professional Super Smash Bros. Melee player sponsored by gargantuan e-sports team, The Alliance.

Oooooh, did I win?
Armada is the undisputed best Peach player to ever play Super Smash Bros. Melee, and he is now joining an elite group of DOTA, League of Legends, and FIFA players. There's no other Smasher who deserves it more. How excited are you for Armada's sponsorship? Which Smasher do you believe deserves to be sponsored next?

See the official announcement page here.

KhanYe got a B+ on his brain exam today. Brains are rather confusing. Talk to me on Twitter @rbdayman.
Who else saw about a week ago in the announcement

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Cloud 9 a pretty notable team as well?

Regardless, congratulations to Armada! Talented player, he is. Deserves every bit.
Yeah, they're pretty big. Curse is also a pretty big deal. This type of move isn't unprecedented in esports, but Alliance is an up and coming team and the fact that they're picking up Melee players this early in their growth suggests that they're going make a big push into the scene which is pretty cool.

Top Bottom