• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
By the way, the EVO side events are happening now. Puyo Puyo Tetris is there.

So I'd advise you watch it smashkirby smashkirby

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey, gang. I've got a question for you all. I came across this Tumblr post last night.

http://puyoconfessions.tumblr.com/post/163720212132/if-they-cant-or-dont-ever-bother-translating-the

Considering that IDW currently holds the Sonic comic license and PPT's worldwide localization appears to have been released to success, what would you say now to a Puyo/Madou comic series?
That frankly depends - while Puyo has gained a new-found presence in the West, lots of it's lore is still locked behind Japan. Dunno what I'd feel them to try replacing that with original lore and stuff.

On that end, I wonder how the comics could be like. Knowing the folk behind Sonic The Comics, they could go something what Madou Monogatari Saturn was in means of characterization and battles. Though again, a magical series based on puzzlers needs plenty of good ideas and a theme to keep it engaging...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey, gang. I've got a question for you all. I came across this Tumblr post last night.

http://puyoconfessions.tumblr.com/post/163720212132/if-they-cant-or-dont-ever-bother-translating-the

Considering that IDW currently holds the Sonic comic license and PPT's worldwide localization appears to have been released to success, what would you say now to a Puyo/Madou comic series?
I'd give it some time first.

A comics serie would help make the series more known, but then it would suffer the "Strider Effect" as in people would;d only know them for the comic and not the games.

And knowing Sega, they would rather focus most of their efforts on Sonic now. I mean, if a Puyo Puyo comic happens it could suffer the same fate as Mega Man. Initially popular, only to lose sales over the years.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That frankly depends - while Puyo has gained a new-found presence in the West, lots of it's lore is still locked behind Japan. Dunno what I'd feel them to try replacing that with original lore and stuff.

On that end, I wonder how the comics could be like. Knowing the folk behind Sonic The Comics, they could go something what Madou Monogatari Saturn was in means of characterization and battles. Though again, a magical series based on puzzlers needs plenty of good ideas and a theme to keep it engaging...
Personally, I'd prefer a more "encompassing" solution of going into EVERYONE'S (Madou-era, Fever-era, and PP7 casts) histories from time to time. I mean, obviously the Fever-era exclusive elements do NEED to be fleshed out after having so much buildup and then suddenly being dropped post-Fever 2.

That aside, for the Western audience who pretty much missed out on Compile's era of Puyo games, this feels like a good way to get everyone up to speed on who's who from Arle's dimension.

Finally, maybe Ringo's dimension can be more detailed as to what's different in her world compared to real life. PP7 seems to show that trains are used to reach various continents, and said continents are MUCH closer to each other than in real life.

I'd give it some time first.

A comic series would help make the series more known, but then it would suffer the "Strider Effect" as in people would only know them for the comic and not the games.

And knowing Sega, they would rather focus most of their efforts on Sonic now. I mean, if a Puyo Puyo comic happens it could suffer the same fate as Mega Man. Initially popular, only to lose sales over the years.
I guess you have a point there. This being said though, I do hope SEGA don't skimp out on the opportunity to work on a Puyo/Madou comic. Maybe if they got IDW to work on it, it wouldn't so bad?

BTW, what's the Strider Effect?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
BTW, what's the Strider Effect?
The Strider Effect is when people only care about or know of something because of the media that they were exposed to.

For example, most people only know of Strider because of Marvel vs Capcom instead of his own home series or the manga. The same can be argued for Captain Falcon and Smash.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Strider Effect is when people only care about or know of something because of the media that they were exposed to.

For example, most people only know of Strider because of Marvel vs Capcom instead of his own home series or the manga. The same can be argued for Captain Falcon and Smash.
Huh, I had more thought of Morrigan Aensland than Strider fitting this bill though, since Darkstalkers is more or less the F-Zero of Capcom - a widely beloved franchise which got ignored by them after mere 3 games. Then gets only handwaved at via crossover appearances to the point that most people know Morrigan only from the numerous crossover fighters she's been in rather than her own series.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Huh, I had more thought of Morrigan Aensland than Strider fitting this bill though, since Darkstalkers is more or less the F-Zero of Capcom - a widely beloved franchise which got ignored by them after mere 3 games. Then gets handwaved at only via crossover appearances to the point that most people know Morrigan only from the numerous crossover fighters she's been in rather than her own series.
That is actually more correct. Darkstalkers is definitely a series that is heavily overshadowed and it's characters (especially Morrigan) is only known because of crossovers. And a dead series to the bot.

Strider is more smaller, but definitely obscure in comparison to Darkstalkers.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys. If you don't mind, I've got another question.

Do you all think Puyo should have a more evil than usual antagonist? I mean, think about it...

- Let's be honest, Satan and Ecolo aren't really evil to begin with.

- Doppel. Arle is too ambiguous to say for sure (Yes, even AFTER Yo~n, even though her endgoals were a bit...hazy?).

- Doppel. Schezo was destroyed in Waku Puyo Dungeon (Unless you count Puyo BOX).

- Dark Witch really only existed in Witch's dream (unless you want to count Puyo BOX), and even THEN, I don't know if I'd call her a major threat. Then again, I AM hazy on the details of the events of Comet Summoner.

- Popoi (and Ms. Accord to a small extent) is just a big question mark.

- And finally, Rafisol already got redeemed in her debut game (Puyo Chronicles).

I suppose there IS Strange Klug. It feels like SEGA REALLY wants to do something with him, but (IMO) the only logical progression for him is for the demon to be vanquished for good and that would be a huge step to take in and of itself.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey, guys. If you don't mind, I've got another question.

Do you all think Puyo should have a more evil than usual antagonist? I mean, think about it...

- Let's be honest, Satan and Ecolo aren't really evil to begin with.

- Doppel. Arle is too ambiguous to say for sure (Yes, even AFTER Yo~n, even though her endgoals were a bit...hazy?).

- Doppel. Schezo was destroyed in Waku Puyo Dungeon (Unless you count Puyo BOX).

- Dark Witch really only existed in Witch's dream (unless you want to count Puyo BOX), and even THEN, I don't know if I'd call her a major threat. Then again, I AM hazy on the details of the events of Comet Summoner.

- Popoi (and Ms. Accord to a small extent) is just a big question mark.

- And finally, Rafisol already got redeemed in her debut game (Puyo Chronicles).

I suppose there IS Strange Klug. It feels like SEGA REALLY wants to do something with him, but (IMO) the only logical progression for him is for the demon to be vanquished for good and that would be a huge step to take in and of itself.
Given the comical natural of the series, I punt we will truly get an evil antagonist that isn't quirky or want to destroy worlds. That would require something like a complete tine shift or else it will be pretty jarring.

For example, if there's a new villain that happens to be very evil and have a noncute appearance wants to use the puyos to destroy all of existence. The problem comes from him coming off as flat or feeling too "edgy" for a series like Puyo Puyo. You know, like the criticism of any Sonic villain that isn't Eggman these days.

Not saying that it can't be too bad with the proper writing, but there has to be a reason to justify a more eviler, serious villain in Puyo Puyo.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Given the comical natural of the series, I punt we will truly get an evil antagonist that isn't quirky or want to destroy worlds. That would require something like a complete tine shift or else it will be pretty jarring.

For example, if there's a new villain that happens to be very evil and have a noncute appearance wants to use the puyos to destroy all of existence. The problem comes from him coming off as flat or feeling too "edgy" for a series like Puyo Puyo. You know, like the criticism of any Sonic villain that isn't Eggman these days.

Not saying that it can't be too bad with the proper writing, but there has to be a reason to justify a more eviler, serious villain in Puyo Puyo.
Pretty much.
Not to mention that Madou Monogatari started off as kind of dark, even more-so on the PC-98-versions (You can go look them up but I tell you, they can get quite graphic and nightmare fuel-inducing pretty quick) :025:

However, sometimes the series dwells bit on more melancholic moments, as I can remember from games like PP7 and PPT's conflict behind the plot (Regarding mainly X). So it's not like the series is beyond dwelling on more serious themes.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Pretty much.
Not to mention that Madou Monogatari started off as kind of dark, even more-so on the PC-98-versions (You can go look them up but I tell you, they can get quite graphic and nightmare fuel-inducing pretty quick) :025:

However, sometimes the series dwells bit on more melancholic moments, as I can remember from games like PP7 and PPT's conflict behind the plot (Regarding mainly X). So it's not like the series is beyond dwelling on more serious themes.
And, you know, Puyo Puyo being heavily influenced by the series to begin with. The fact that it got real cutesy basically took away from what many enjoyed about it, and that was Arle being a douchebag to random creatures from around her world. And some of her comments got pretty dark at times. Maybe that's why Kirby was such a douche in Avalanche, now that I think about it.

To be honest, considering how random the series already is, I'm completely open to the idea of Sonic Team getting really creative and phasing Arle- wait, I already went over this idea a while back. You could probably just scroll back a few pages and read it for yourself.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
And, you know, Puyo Puyo being heavily influenced by the series to begin with. The fact that it got real cutesy basically took away from what many enjoyed about it, and that was Arle being a douchebag to random creatures from around her world. And some of her comments got pretty dark at times. Maybe that's why Kirby was such a douche in Avalanche, now that I think about it.

To be honest, considering how random the series already is, I'm completely open to the idea of Sonic Team getting really creative and phasing Arle- wait, I already went over this idea a while back. You could probably just scroll back a few pages and read it for yourself.
Personally, I’d like a more serious take on Puyo Puyo. But I don’t want the fun sucked out of the story. There needs to be a nice balance. If that never happens I’d settle for a one time return to YON’s art style, I’d love to see how the Sega characters would be interpreted.

BTW, I've got ANOTHER question for you all. (Man, I'm just going at it lately) What do you all think about the idea of Sig having a harem comprised of the ENTIRE female cast? Personally, I see it happening considering how almost every female cast member seems to have found SOMETHING attractive about the kid. I guess being a part-demon has the perks of making you quite the stud to the ladies.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Personally, I’d like a more serious take on Puyo Puyo. But I don’t want the fun sucked out of the story. There needs to be a nice balance. If that never happens I’d settle for a one time return to YON’s art style, I’d love to see how the Sega characters would be interpreted.
I'm open to them trying for a SUN look if they don't want it to be too serious. I mean making Arle's original world very bubbly still if they ever transport to it, cause as you know, they have yet to even bring up Arle's home world in the Sonic Team series. Lots of potential for a very cool homage to the original by Compile. I would even be impressed if they contacted Compile Heart to assist with development to give it the best writing possible in Arle's world.

This is just more of a backup idea for in case going the YON path is too risky for the Sonic Team series, even if it has done darker themes before with Ecolo and certain new antagonists.

BTW, I've got ANOTHER question for you all. (Man, I'm just going at it lately) What do you all think about the idea of Sig having a harem comprised of the ENTIRE female cast? Personally, I see it happening considering how almost every female cast member seems to have found SOMETHING attractive about the kid. I guess being a part-demon has the perks of making you quite the stud to the ladies.
Especially in the sequel to Fever. Many still consider him to look the best there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would unironically play the game if this is real.

Sig is the MVP. :troll:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey, uh, guys. So, for those who have Switchs and PPT...
(why haven't you friended me yet)
Are you going to get the original Puyo Puyo games on your Switch when they come out, assuming they are released on its Virtual Console? I know I sure am! Even if I have to pay for them once again, I will gladly support this series.

Also, should Wii Virtual Console return, I know most of you are going to get 15th, 7 and 20th for that as well. I believe the Japanese store would have them, but since the Switch is region-free, there are no limitations.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey, uh, guys. So, for those who have Switchs and PPT...
(why haven't you friended me yet)
Are you going to get the original Puyo Puyo games on your Switch when they come out, assuming they are released on its Virtual Console? I know I sure am! Even if I have to pay for them once again, I will gladly support this series.

Also, should Wii Virtual Console return, I know most of you are going to get 15th, 7 and 20th for that as well. I believe the Japanese store would have them, but since the Switch is region-free, there are no limitations.
Oh I will.

As much fun I had on PPT, I would definitely enjoy playing the other games. Hope we get more than just Tsu like on the Wii.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Detective Conan is a great anime.

Love all the cross promotion that Puyo Puyo is doing lately.
I'm just wondering what they intend to do with Detective Conan? Could we be getting a Klug/Conan team-up...?

Also, I'm getting the weird feeling that we're going to get a Dragon Ball and One Piece crossover with Puyo Quest real soon. I don't know why, I just feel it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm just wondering what they intend to do with Detective Conan? Could we be getting a Klug/Conan team-up...?

Also, I'm getting the weird feeling that we're going to get a Dragon Ball and One Piece crossover with Puyo Quest real soon. I don't know why, I just feel it.
Both are big and popular. What's only stopping them is the approval of Oda and Toriyama.

Because who wouldn't want to see Arle dressed as a Saiyan or wearing a Chopper costume?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Both are big and popular. What's only stopping them is the approval of Oda and Toriyama.

Because who wouldn't want to see Arle dressed as a Saiyan or wearing a Chopper costume?
Exactly! Honestly, for the sake of promotion, I can see:

Arle, Amitie, and Ringo - I feel that Arle, Amitie, and Ringo will all get Goku's gi and Luffy's clothes, honestly.

Rulue - One of Bulma or Chi-Chi's clothes/Robin cosplay

Schezo - Vegeta's Saiyan armor/Zoro outift

Satan - Piccolo outfit/Sanji outfit

Suketoudara - Master Roshi glasses/Franky cosplay

Draco - Videl outfit/Nami cosplay

Witch - #18's jacket/Nami/cosplay

Carbuncle - Goku (or Puar) cosplay/Chopper's hat and antlers

Lagnus - Future Trunks outfit/Brook cosplay

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oh man, guys, Sonic Mania is amazing. Never thought I would have this much fun with these games again.

I am also moved that they would go through the effort to place Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine into the canon in some way.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh man, guys, Sonic Mania is amazing. Never thought I would have this much fun with these games again.

I am also moved that they would go through the effort to place Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine into the canon in some way.
Literally the best Easter Egg ever.

Show's that Sega cares about their second biggest IP in Japan.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But wait there's more...

You can customize your character with a Puyo Puyo hat (Amitie's hat) in Sonic Forces as a preorder bonus. Another Sonic Puyo crossover down the list.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
But wait there's more...

You can customize your character with a Puyo Puyo hat (Amitie's hat) in Sonic Forces as a preorder bonus. Another Sonic Puyo crossover down the list.
Kind of wish they had Amitie's ENTIRE outfit, but I'll take this. Still, it looks weird with ONLY her hat.

Literally the best Easter Egg ever.

Show's that Sega cares about their second biggest IP in Japan.
Amazing how SEGA's treating Puyo, Yakuza, and the like these days, huh?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kind of wish they had Amitie's ENTIRE outfit, but I'll take this. Still, it looks weird with ONLY her hat.

Amazing how SEGA's treating Puyo, Yakuza, and the like these days, huh?
I find it weird too. I wouldn't mind dressing my OC in Amitie's full outfit. Wasted potential there.

And I agree, I'm liking this new Sega so far.

Notshane

Smash Ace
The real question is if I should get Sonic Forces on Switch or PC-

(remembers Puyo Puyo Tetris not being on PC)

Well, the Amitie outfit might as well be on the same console as the series it originates from.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Soooo…..

During the ‘Amazing SEGA’ stage presentation at TGS 2017, Osamu Ohashi (chief producer of Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary) said he wanted to make a 'Puyo Puyo Tensei’ game…

So we getting a demonic puzzle game or maybe…“Puyo Puyo Monogatari”???

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Soooo…..

During the ‘Amazing SEGA’ stage presentation at TGS 2017, Osamu Ohashi (chief producer of Puyo Puyo 7 and Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary) said he wanted to make a 'Puyo Puyo Tensei’ game…

So we getting a demonic puzzle game or maybe…“Puyo Puyo Monogatari”???
That's rather vague. Will it be an original RPG or a crossover with Shin Megami Tensei. I don't see how the latter would work since the games are dark and involve demon summoning. Not to say the series used to be dark in its own RPG's.

Either way, more Puyo Pyo games is a good thing. And this game needs to be localized too.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does that mean Schezo will come face to face with Mara?

But yeah, SMT and Puyo Puyo do not mix at all. At least Fire Emblem makes sense since both can be dark at times. Then came Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Yeah, I'd rather see some development or fan ideas before I'm sold on this.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's rather vague. Will it be an original RPG or a crossover with Shin Megami Tensei. I don't see how the latter would work since the games are dark and involve demon summoning. Not to say the series used to be dark in its own RPG's.

Either way, more Puyo Pyo games is a good thing. And this game needs to be localized too.
Does that mean Schezo will come face to face with Mara?

But yeah, SMT and Puyo Puyo do not mix at all. At least Fire Emblem makes sense since both can be dark at times. Then came Tokyo Mirage Sessions...

Yeah, I'd rather see some development or fan ideas before I'm sold on this.
This would possibly be a collab (of some sort) on the Atlus/SEGA IP, Shin Megami Tensei and the SEGA IP, PUyo Puyo. To say I’d like to see this happen would be a bit of an understatement, but I do have a question.

Basically, what would you all expect? A Shin Megami Tensei game with Puyo elements or a Puyo game with SMT elements?

Who knows? Maybe we’d get the possible spiritual successor to Compile’s Madou Monogatari games featuring the current cast of characters and settings introduced in Fever 1, Fever 2, and Puyo 7, in addition to the original Madou-era Puyo cast.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This would possibly be a collab (of some sort) on the Atlus/SEGA IP, Shin Megami Tensei and the SEGA IP, PUyo Puyo. To say I’d like to see this happen would be a bit of an understatement, but I do have a question.

Basically, what would you all expect? A Shin Megami Tensei game with Puyo elements or a Puyo game with SMT elements?

Who knows? Maybe we’d get the possible spiritual successor to Compile’s Madou Monogatari games featuring the current cast of characters and settings introduced in Fever 1, Fever 2, and Puyo 7, in addition to the original Madou-era Puyo cast.
At best I can only see a SMT style RPG with Puyo Puyo working. But less dark. I can't see the characters really meshing well with the cute style, the SMT demons and characters. And given the negative fan reaction to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, the SMT fanbase would hate a more silly and cutesy take on the series. There's already enough controversy with Persona fans.

Though yeah, a real RPG return for Puyo Puyo would be fun. If they can get the right director, I can trust that it can be good as the original RPG's by compile.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
At best I can only see a SMT style RPG with Puyo Puyo working. But less dark. I can't see the characters really meshing well with the cute style, the SMT demons and characters. And given the negative fan reaction to Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, the SMT fanbase would hate a more silly and cutesy take on the series. There's already enough controversy with Persona fans.

Though yeah, a real RPG return for Puyo Puyo would be fun. If they can get the right director, I can trust that it can be good as the original RPGs by compile.
Exactly. That’s what makes it so fitting. That being said, I'm actually VERY curious as to how the cast of Fever 1/Fever 2/Puyo 7 would translate into a game like this. Then again, Persona 3, 4, and 5(?) had high school kids as the main protags, so...

For starters, the artstyle would OBVIOUSLY need to change. Maybe the game could use Puyo Puyo~n’s artstyle? Yes, yes. I know, I'm "worshiping" Yo~n for its artstyle again.

But this time, I feel like that would be the ONLY artstyle they could use that wouldn't straight up be some blatantly mature stuff right out of SMT/Persona and at the same time, be TOO cutesy and end up feeling out of place. Surely, it would help that that specific artstyle's already been used in an official Puyo game, no less.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain if SMT/Persona's artstyle was used. As a matter of fact, I'd LOVE to see the likes of Rulue, Schezo, Lagnus, and ESPECIALLY Satan in that kind of style. I just feel like that might be a bit...mature(?) for Puyo Puyo, and Heaven FORBID they use the art that the series has been using since Fever 1. Honestly, I'm laughing at the idea right now.

As for the story, I feel that the game could go with the somber tone Yo~n had, make the whole thing coherent obviously, and they'd be more or less set for the story. Heck, from the fanart I've seen of this series on pixiv and the like, it looks like Puyo Puyo going with a slightly more dramatic/somber tone certainly wouldn't be impossible.

Also, PLEASE no J-Pop stuff. As you've mentioned already, TMS. The fan reaction should probably say it all. What's more, Puyo Puyo going THAT route feels almost insultingly easy to do, if you want my opinion.

In terms of gameplay, I wonder if Madou Monogatari's first-person gameplay would work this time around. I almost feel like they'd have to go with what Puyo Chronicles did to make things work. The whole "three-to a-team" thing, I mean. I could be wrong, but you never know. Maybe MM's style could still work.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey guys, you been seeing how much hype that new Melee mod has been getting lately? It's pretty intense.

Oh, and also, I've been enjoying browsing YouTube and seeing people revisit old Puyo Puyo games due to the popularity of Puyo Puyo Tetris. I remember back when I would only look up dated playthroughs from either Japanese accounts or people that visited "obscure games" or whatever. My buddies still enjoy playing it and it makes me pretty happy. This past year has been the most significant the series has been overseas in such a long time.

Whatever new Puyo Puyo announcements we get next year, I look forward to them. Feels like the Switch will definitely have every Puyo Puyo game from this point onward and that is amazing stuff. Hope you all had a good Christmas and look forward to next year!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, you been seeing how much hype that new Melee mod has been getting lately? It's pretty intense.
Wait, you mean that Melee mod of Smash 4, right? Looks pretty good, if you ask me.

Oh, and also, I've been enjoying browsing YouTube and seeing people revisit old Puyo Puyo games due to the popularity of Puyo Puyo Tetris. I remember back when I would only look up dated playthroughs from either Japanese accounts or people that visited "obscure games" or whatever. My buddies still enjoy playing it and it makes me pretty happy. This past year has been the most significant the series has been overseas in such a long time.

Whatever new Puyo Puyo announcements we get next year, I look forward to them. Feels like the Switch will definitely have every Puyo Puyo game from this point onward and that is amazing stuff. Hope you all had a good Christmas and look forward to next year!
Honestly, I still can't believe Puyo Puyo is actually starting to be relevant in the West...in its ORIGINAL form! Meaning NO re-skins or any of that crud.

Speaking of Puyo Puyo, FlareHabanero and Schezoroark (two of the biggest Puyo/Madou fans I know of) have actually taken the liberty of translating EVERY cutscene from Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary! I can't even begin to tell you all how excited I am for this! So far, they've translated the following stories:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With Puyo Puyo Tetris being a success in the West and a new Smash confirmed, we just may see what will become of Arle Nadja.

An Assist Trophy, trophy cameo, or a playable character. Only one way to find out.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Yeah, Arle has another chance again! Though, I am quite horrified by the fact the game is coming this year. We are presumably going to be rooting for her as DLC again cause there is just no way she is among the final chosen characters unless Sakurai really wants to get creative. And I don't see any reason why he would not want her in since she's another magic character and could mark the debut of a little girl as a fighter.

Top Bottom