• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
You know who could work as a Mii Costume?

View attachment 307434
Schezo would be perfect. Assuming Arle does make it in, I wonder what Mii Costumes could come with her. I can definitely see an Amitie or Carbuncle based hat as someone mentioned earlier, or perhaps a brawler costume of Rulue or Raffina could maybe work too.

BackseatSakurai

Smash Rookie
Schezo would be perfect. Assuming Arle does make it in, I wonder what Mii Costumes could come with her. I can definitely see an Amitie or Carbuncle based hat as someone mentioned earlier, or perhaps a brawler costume of Rulue or Raffina could maybe work too.
If Carbuncle wasn't attached to the playable Arle he'd definitely end up as a hat for sure. Rulue, Schezo, Satan/Dark Prince, and Amitie would definitely be big ones. Personally I think a Choppun bag-head + Arle-esque-outfit would be hilarious :laugh:

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
I have a feeling if Amitie does appear as a Mii Costume, i was thinking that her Hat would be Design either from Puyo Puyo Fever, or in the Modren Games,
What do you think?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

If anyone wants to own the earliest Puyo Puyo in anything other than the Switch, LRG are bringing in the Astro City Mini.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling if Amitie does appear as a Mii Costume, i was thinking that her Hat would be Design either from Puyo Puyo Fever, or in the Modren Games,
What do you think?
That would be cool. I really like the design of Amitie’s hat. (Also be careful not to post twice in a row, you can edit your posts instead)

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
That would be cool. I really like the design of Amitie’s hat. (Also be careful not to post twice in a row, you can edit your posts instead)
Yeah, i mean heck! they recently used Amitie's Classic Design in Puyo Quest. (ok, i am just new here)

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Goodbye wilsonasmara.

Edit: I didn't any offence she supported my poll when it was first getting started.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Speaking of, I have a fan moveset on me for Arle. I definitely went through a lot of renditions of how to make her a puzzle game character and not just a mage that occasionally threw Puyos.

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
He deleted his account. Said, "Smash bros isn't important to me, so what's the point"

Edit: I got ahold of him on Deviantart.
I Think it's because of the Highly Demand of Unlikely Characters for Smash, such as the Doom Slayer, Scorpion, Fortnite Skins, and Freddy Fazbear, honestly, i don't blame him, the Smash Fandom can be Hell most of the Times,

DynoStretch

Smash Cadet
While Arle may not be one of my absolute MWs, I do think she's got a solid shot at joining the roster, to the point where I say she's one of my safe predictions alongside a Pokemon.

I'm aware of Puyo's popularity in Japan, and it seems Nintendo and Sega have been pushing it pretty well in the West. Plus I could see Sakurai having a lot of fun making a moveset with her.

Last edited:

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
While Arle may not be one of my absolute MWs, I do think she's got a solid shot at joining the roster, to the point where I say she's one of my safe predictions alongside a Pokemon.

I'm aware of Puyo's popularity in Japan, and it seems Nintendo and Sega have been pushing it pretty well in the West. Plus I could see Sakurai having a lot of fun making a moveset with her.
I Agree! Arle's moveset will be intresting! and the series did very well in both Japan and the West, i can totally see Arle being Revealed this Year's E3, and if you ask me, she's much more deserving than the Doom Slayer...

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
I Agree! Arle's moveset will be intresting! and the series did very well in both Japan and the West, i can totally see Arle being Revealed this Year's E3, and if you ask me, she's much more deserving than the Doom Slayer...
As much as I want it to happen, I have a hard time seeing Arle at E3, unless she's part of a doubleheader reveal. Though I am curious of the possibility if E3 is a big event for Japan too. I'm honestly not sure if E3 is a bigger deal in the West or the East, or if it's equal. Would anyone know? I'm not sure how I'd look into it if I tried to, and it could give some more insight on the possibility.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
As much as I want it to happen, I have a hard time seeing Arle at E3, unless she's part of a doubleheader reveal. Though I am curious of the possibility if E3 is a big event for Japan too. I'm honestly not sure if E3 is a bigger deal in the West or the East, or if it's equal. Would anyone know? I'm not sure how I'd look into it if I tried to, and it could give some more insight on the possibility.
Yeah, I agree that Arle's most likely only happening at E3 as a double reveal. That said, the whole reason I see her being possible is because of the Hero.

The Classic Dreamer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4731-7744-2996
Yeah, I agree that Arle's most likely only happening at E3 as a double reveal. That said, the whole reason I see her being possible is because of the Hero.
That is ture! Dragon Quest is huge in Japan, and if we were to get another fighter at E3. that was heavily Requested in Japan, it would differently be Arle! and we deserve to have a true Puzzle rep in Smash! (sorry Dr Mairo, but you don't really count)

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Damn they got Precure too?
Ngl, considering the specific season that will be collaborating with Puyo Quest (It's going to be Yes! PreCure 5 GoGo!, BTW), I'm honestly more excited than I should be.

It's pretty arbitrary, but it's mostly because I absolutely ADORE the work of the character designer of that particular PreCure season (Toshie Kawamura, for those who wish to know) and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped over the possibility of seeing Puyo Puyo characters drawn in her artstyle for some sort of commemorative artwork.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I've been playing Puyo Puyo Tetris recently, and I've started to appreciate Arle a lot more recently. Maybe this was naive of me, but I didn't realize that she was a mage! Makes me much more interested in her moveset potential. :)
Welcome aboard, hope you'll stick around! Glad you're enjoying Puyo Tetris, I actually just 130%'ed it yesterday myself. Haven't started Puyo Tetris 2 yet but I'll get to that soon.

Also, wanted to share this really awesome arrangement of Final of Puyo Puyo with you guys:

Which also poses the question that I'm sure we've talked about before but I'd love to talk about again - which Puyo tracks would you really like to see arranged? Aside from the obvious picks, my heart cries out for an arrangement of Puyo Sun's main theme. That intro is what made me fall in love with the series.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Welcome aboard, hope you'll stick around! Glad you're enjoying Puyo Tetris, I actually just 130%'ed it yesterday myself. Haven't started Puyo Tetris 2 yet but I'll get to that soon.
I've always been a pretty big puzzle game fan (Tetris is a favorite of mine,) so I think I will stick around. I was introduced to Puyo Puyo through Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine when I was younger, but have only gotten back into the series recently. I honestly didn't realize that Puyo Puyo Tetris was more of a Puyo Puyo-style game when I got it, but I'm not complaining!

I really like the idea of Arle and Ringo, at least, having a sort of Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr./Koopalings dynamic, with multiple characters represented. I don't know if that makes sense in the context of the series, but it came to mind as I was playing.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really like the idea of Arle and Ringo, at least, having a sort of Olimar/Alph or Bowser Jr./Koopalings dynamic, with multiple characters represented. I don't know if that makes sense in the context of the series, but it came to mind as I was playing.
While I'm generally an advocate for separate characters to stand as their own thing rather than their own personalities / flair potentially being squandered by being a costume... I honestly wouldn't be too upset if they threw in Amitie or Ringo as an Alph-esque alternate costume for Arle. For the most part they do similar things and are at their core all pretty happy-go-lucky magical girls, and I imagine the moveset at its core would revolve around use of the actual Puyo / Nusiance Puyo which they all use exactly the same way.

I suppose Arle is a bit more rough and tumble compared to Amitie's more gentle ditziness and Ringo's more calculated style, though. Best case scenario Amitie or Ringo would be an echo fighter, but if that's not on the table I don't think they would lose that much from using Arle's skeleton / animations (so long as Arle isn't restricted by it herself... I find Bowser Jr loses a lot of personality from needing to be a vessel for other characters).

My major reservation actually comes in the form of Carbuncle - I'd really like to see him appear as a fairly prominent part of Arle's moveset, but he wouldn't make quite as much sense coming to the aid of Amitie or Ringo. So at the end of the day I think I'd rather take Arle by herself if it means Carbuncle gets a chance to shine (outside of taunts at least, because I'm pretty sure he'd be a Morgana / Rex sort of deal either way).

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
While I'm generally an advocate for separate characters to stand as their own thing rather than their own personalities / flair potentially being squandered by being a costume... I honestly wouldn't be too upset if they threw in Amitie or Ringo as an Alph-esque alternate costume for Arle. For the most part they do similar things and are at their core all pretty happy-go-lucky magical girls, and I imagine the moveset at its core would revolve around use of the actual Puyo / Nusiance Puyo which they all use exactly the same way.

I suppose Arle is a bit more rough and tumble compared to Amitie's more gentle ditziness and Ringo's more calculated style, though. Best case scenario Amitie or Ringo would be an echo fighter, but if that's not on the table I don't think they would lose that much from using Arle's skeleton / animations (so long as Arle isn't restricted by it herself... I find Bowser Jr loses a lot of personality from needing to be a vessel for other characters).

My major reservation actually comes in the form of Carbuncle - I'd really like to see him appear as a fairly prominent part of Arle's moveset, but he wouldn't make quite as much sense coming to the aid of Amitie or Ringo. So at the end of the day I think I'd rather take Arle by herself if it means Carbuncle gets a chance to shine (outside of taunts at least, because I'm pretty sure he'd be a Morgana / Rex sort of deal either way).
The Carbuncle point is probably the biggest reason to not do alts, yeah. I do like the idea of Arle directing him to place Puyos on the stage ala Rosalina and Luma, while her direct attacks are her elemental magic. It would be really neat if you could also bounce spells off of Puyos or something too.

Top Bottom