• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Calane

Smash Ace
After the ARMS rep, i hope Arle's next to join the fight. But once Arle is revealed to join Smash, would you main her? I certainly do.
I most definitely would, yes.

I'm doubtful she'd be the next reveal after ARMS (if she's in), but it'd be awesome if she was.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
After the ARMS rep, i hope Arle's next to join the fight. But once Arle is revealed to join Smash, would you main her? I certainly do.
I only play Smash for fun, I'm "good" using certain characters, but I don't have a "main", if Arle, Porky, Phoenix Wright or Jibanyan entered Smash definitely any of them would be my main.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
So, the Source Gaming Top 50 poll from March is out...

20th place is way, way better than I expected. I knew she was gonna make top 50, but I had her pegged at 40 ~ 30th at the highest.

She outranks every Sonic character now. Granted, part of it is Shadow falling off and Sonic vote splitting between those who want Tails or Eggman more, but it's still worth noting.
Well at least it's been relatively high

D

Deleted member

The ARMS Smash Fighter is MinMin, and Arle is still in the running. Could have gotten a Doomguy Mii Gunner costume.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
If you didn´t know, numerous glitches have been happening with Daisy in patch 8.0, it has been speculated that if any character presents a glitch it could suddenly be because it is being used by the development team to create one of the DLC. This is a great opportunity for Arle, we know that Daisy is the character most similar to Arle, both her aesthetics and personalities are similar to each other. If they were to use a character as a base for Arle, it would most likely be Daisy, many of Daisy's attacks have flower effects that could fit Arle. But not only that, it seems that one of Daisy's glitches has to do with her dress being cut to the knees, looking more like a skirt the way Arle would look.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcCqEr-XQAA8M_P?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you didn´t know, numerous glitches have been happening with Daisy in patch 8.0, it has been speculated that if any character presents a glitch it could suddenly be because it is being used by the development team to create one of the DLC. This is a great opportunity for Arle, we know that Daisy is the character most similar to Arle, both her aesthetics and personalities are similar to each other. If they were to use a character as a base for Arle, it would most likely be Daisy, many of Daisy's attacks have flower effects that could fit Arle. But not only that, it seems that one of Daisy's glitches has to do with her dress being cut to the knees, looking more like a skirt the way Arle would look.

Well.... that will do. But wait... since Spirits no longer deconfirm characters... i think we should not only support Arle, but her rightful rival Lip (Panel de Pon) as well!

amageish

Smash Master
So, the Source Gaming Top 50 poll from March is out...

20th place is way, way better than I expected. I knew she was gonna make top 50, but I had her pegged at 40 ~ 30th at the highest.

She outranks every Sonic character now. Granted, part of it is Shadow falling off and Sonic vote splitting between those who want Tails or Eggman more, but it's still worth noting.
Wow. I guess being high-profile during speculation around TGA time last year really boosted her cred! Great to see.

So, uh, Daisy Theory strikes back? /s

That is a weird glitch and it'd be cool if it was leading to Arle in Smash! I'm not going to be too confidant though, as it's not like skirts of that shape are especially uncommon in feminine character designs and characters don't always take that many moves from the character they're officially built off of... Plus, it's always possible a glitch is just a glitch.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i have doing a little research about Arle i wanted to say dont you guys think that if Arle gets in she is able to get the same treatment as :ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2:
you can have
Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Ally
but i think there is an issue.
i think it depends about what Arle should be representing
Puyo Puyo or Madou Monogatari?
you could say both but what is the best way to represent Arle as a puzzle rep or first-person dungeon crawler RPG rep? we know that Puyo Puyo is basically a spinoff and Amitie, Ringo, Ally are not canon
the canon identity of Arle is in Madou Monogatari and we know Sakurai goes for the canon identity to represent a fighter and a franchise mainly except for :ultpacman: however he represent Arcade games in general.
i want a puzzle rep and :ultdoc: seems to be a dissapointment to represent the puzzle games properly but when i think of Arle it doesnt seems to be the puzzle rep because of her canon identity, compare her to Lip and Tetromino they are 100% puzzle reps.
to give a better Example lets say :ultmegaman: has many spinoff soccer games is it justice for him to represent the soccer games or the actual cannon games which has the true identity of Megaman.
i am carious what do you think about how Arle should be really like canon or spinoff?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
i have doing a little research about Arle i wanted to say dont you guys think that if Arle gets in she is able to get the same treatment as :ulthero::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulthero2:
you can have
Arle, Amitie, Ringo, Ally
They arent silent avatar characters and have different magic abilities
Amitie can work as a echo tho

i think it depends about what Arle should be representing
Puyo Puyo or Madou Monogatari?
you could say both but what is the best way to represent Arle as a puzzle rep or first-person dungeon crawler RPG rep? we know that Puyo Puyo is basically a spinoff and Amitie, Ringo, Ally are not canon
the canon identity of Arle is in Madou Monogatari and we know Sakurai goes for the canon identity to represent a fighter and a franchise mainly except for :ultpacman: however he represent Arcade games in general.
i want a puzzle rep and :ultdoc: seems to be a dissapointment to represent the puzzle games properly but when i think of Arle it doesnt seems to be the puzzle rep because of her canon identity, compare her to Lip and Tetromino they are 100% puzzle reps.
to give a better Example lets say :ultmegaman: has many spinoff soccer games is it justice for him to represent the soccer games or the actual cannon games which has the true identity of Megaman.
i am carious what do you think about how Arle should be really like canon or spinoff?
Madou games are less canon than puyo games at this point but i wouldn't know the real answer to that, SEGA still put out the madou games in JP MD mini and figures with the current IP holders permissions so maybe they still consider it. There are inconsistencies between compile and sonic team puyo puyo canon but thats probably cause I really doubt the higher ups really care about the lore of a puzzle game series and I dont blame them for thinking that.

Either way Puyo Puyo is the iconic one here not Madou.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
They arent silent avatar characters and have different magic abilities
Amitie can work as a echo tho

Madou games are less canon than puyo games at this point but i wouldn't know the real answer to that, SEGA still put out the madou games in JP MD mini and figures with the current IP holders permissions so maybe they still consider it. There are inconsistencies between compile and sonic team puyo puyo canon but thats probably cause I really doubt the higher ups really care about the lore of a puzzle game series and I dont blame them for thinking that.

Either way Puyo Puyo is the iconic one here not Madou.
many Mario spinoff games are iconic too but when you see :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina: their main focus is the canon games itself in smash, their moveset would be way different if it has been spinoffs titles focus mostly.

personally i believe that if Arle gets in it would end up having 1 or 2 attacks that reference puyo puyo as for the rest of the moveset it ends up being the cannon Arle from Madou including the stage.
if the character that we would get end up being Amitie or Ringo or Ally i would expect the focus on Puyo puyo only in terms of representation but as for Arle i believe the situation will be different from how most Arle supporters believe she would be like, Sakurai's approach on Arle could be very different from what the Arle supporters think and expects. even in terms of design, Sakurai has surprised us with the design of :ulthero3::ultridley::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultroy: which we have never seen before and i believe Arle design would be perfected in a way that we have not seen before.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
many Mario spinoff games are iconic too but when you see :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina: their main focus is the canon games itself in smash, their moveset would be way different if it has been spinoffs titles focus mostly.

personally i believe that if Arle gets in it would end up having 1 or 2 attacks that reference puyo puyo as for the rest of the moveset it ends up being the cannon Arle from Madou including the stage.
if the character that we would get end up being Amitie or Ringo or Ally i would expect the focus on Puyo puyo only in terms of representation but as for Arle i believe the situation will be different from how most Arle supporters believe she would be like, Sakurai's approach on Arle could be very different from what the Arle supporters think and expects. even in terms of design, Sakurai has surprised us with the design of :ulthero3::ultridley::ultwolf::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultroy: which we have never seen before and i believe Arle design would be perfected in a way that we have not seen before.
I don't know a way to say this that isn't that doesn't sound like I'm insulting Arle, but I don't think Arle is famous enough for that?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may be the best-selling game on Switch, but it's not like the fact Mario and co. are from a series of platformers is trivia for most people. Not many people would look at Mario in Smash and say "What? Mario can jump?!?! Man, someone should put him back into a kart, as otherwise I'm confused!"

Arle, meanwhile, isn't that famous by herself - at least internationally. The only Madou game released in English is Arleless and the original Puyo Puyo English releases also removed Arle. Puyo Puyo is the famous thing here. Plenty of people love Puyo without even knowing their names due to Mean Bean Machine and Avalanche. Choosing to downplay its representation significantly reduces the potential audience of the character. I do think Arle could reference Madou too, but I don't see why the stage/spirits wouldn't be (at least primarily) representing the most famous role her character has taken.

I do think Arle would be great in Smash and has decent odds, but I think that's more because she's the protagonist of one of the most famous puzzle game franchises then due to her personal clout. Let's be honest: a lot of her presence in Smash speculation comes from people like PapaGenos or Jon Cartwright signal-boosting her...

Calane

Smash Ace
I don't know a way to say this that isn't that doesn't sound like I'm insulting Arle, but I don't think Arle is famous enough for that?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may be the best-selling game on Switch, but it's not like the fact Mario and co. are from a series of platformers is trivia for most people. Not many people would look at Mario in Smash and say "What? Mario can jump?!?! Man, someone should put him back into a kart, as otherwise I'm confused!"

Arle, meanwhile, isn't that famous by herself - at least internationally. The only Madou game released in English is Arleless and the original Puyo Puyo English releases also removed Arle. Puyo Puyo is the famous thing here. Plenty of people love Puyo without even knowing their names due to Mean Bean Machine and Avalanche. Choosing to downplay its representation significantly reduces the potential audience of the character. I do think Arle could reference Madou too, but I don't see why the stage/spirits wouldn't be (at least primarily) representing the most famous role her character has taken.

I do think Arle would be great in Smash and has decent odds, but I think that's more because she's the protagonist of one of the most famous puzzle game franchises then due to her personal clout. Let's be honest: a lot of her presence in Smash speculation comes from people like PapaGenos or Jon Cartwright signal-boosting her...
Puyo Puyo is very much a part of Arle's "personal clout", though. Whether people know it or not, the reskins wouldn't have existed without the original. Puyo Puyo is her series, and it was spawned by Madou Monogatari, her other (more obscure) series. And since it's probably the second most influential puzzle game of all time, I'd say that makes her a pretty important character in video game history as well.

Given that she's the main character of both, Puyo's legacy is her legacy. Most of her popularity comes from japan for obvious reasons, but that doesn't really change the fact that it's still her game at the end of the day. An appearance in Smash would just allow people to more associate Puyo Puyo with Arle and friends, which as far as I know, is only an issue in the west anyway.

Saying Arle would only get into Smash because she's the main character of Puyo Puyo is basically like saying Little Mac only got into Smash because he's the protagonist of Punch Out. I mean, I suppose that's correct, but isn't that how things are supposed to work?

As for Madou, it's a big part of Arle's history as a character (it's her origin series after all). Seeing as how she's the most important character in both franchises (and Puyos themselves come from it as well), it's pretty important to Puyo Puyo's history as well. It seems like something Sakurai would think about. I can't see it getting a whole lot of attention though, so I agree with you there. At most, it'd probably just be mentioned by Sakurai a few times in her hypothetical presentation.

All of this is just how I see things, anyway.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
alright Arle supporters i made this for you feel free to use it

i personally believe that Arle should be representing the Compile side of SEGA not the current SEGA's Arle similar to how :ultbanjokazooie: in Smash is not the current Microsoft side but rather the Rareware side and Arle has a huge legacy on her own without the influence of SEGA she would perfectly represented that way.
The more I look into Arle legacy the more i realize this character is capable of representing more than just puyo puyo or madou but the whole side of Compile as a company.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Puyo Puyo is very much a part of Arle's "personal clout", though. Whether people know it or not, the reskins wouldn't have existed without the original. Puyo Puyo is her series, and it was spawned by Madou Monogatari, her other (more obscure) series. And since it's probably the second most influential puzzle game of all time, I'd say that makes her a pretty important character in video game history as well.

Given that she's the main character of both, Puyo's legacy is her legacy. Most of her popularity comes from japan for obvious reasons, but that doesn't really change the fact that it's still her game at the end of the day. An appearance in Smash would just allow people to more associate Puyo Puyo with Arle and friends, which as far as I know, is only an issue in the west anyway.

Saying Arle would only get into Smash because she's the main character of Puyo Puyo is basically like saying Little Mac only got into Smash because he's the protagonist of Punch Out. I mean, I suppose that's correct, but isn't that how things are supposed to work?

As for Madou, it's a big part of Arle's history as a character (it's her origin series after all). Seeing as how she's the most important character in both franchises (and Puyos themselves come from it as well), it's pretty important to Puyo Puyo's history as well. It seems like something Sakurai would think about. I can't see it getting a whole lot of attention though, so I agree with you there. At most, it'd probably just be mentioned by Sakurai a few times in her hypothetical presentation.

All of this is just how I see things, anyway.
I agree with 100% of what you said, which makes me think I phrased my point poorly haha.

Arle's legacy and Puyo's legacy are, of course, intertwined. If we're building a literal Museum of Gaming History, then of course Arle gets in as the queen of puzzle games. Madou is part of that as well - frankly, it's a fairly aspirational story about creativity, as a dungeon-crawler's spin-off game managed to become one of the most famous puzzle games worldwide. Her being a character famous for being from a video game is very normal for a video game character, as you said haha. So, yeah, Arle is iconic and I do think she totally could kick ass in Smash.

My point was one of marketability. Arle is famous due to people knowing her as the Puyo protagonist. Moreover, even if some western fans haven't heard of Arle herself, the pass can still be sold on the Puyo aspect - saying "Hey, here's a character from the falling block series you knew and loved as Kirby's Avalanche/Mean Bean Machine as a kid! Look at the falling blocks on her stage! You recognize those.". Selling Arle as being primarily from Madou loses this wider marketability and, moreover, kind of misses the point of how many people fell in love with her character? It feels to me about as logical as if they had sold Banjo as part of a Diddy Kong Racing pack, featuring a Diddy Kong Racing stage and a moveset where Banjo is in a kart for the whole time. Yeah, that would honour his origin, but it would ignore why he became famous and why people wanted him in Smash in the first place.

I was also contrasting her fame with Mario, as that was the example Geno used of a character who is represented by his mainline games instead of his spin-offs. Mario is the arguably most famous gaming character, so even when his spin-offs outsell his original games, it doesn't matter. He's still Mario Jumpman Mario and so he has a Jumpman platformer moveset in Smash. I don't think Arle's fame transcends Puyo in the same way Mario's fame transcends any of his spin-off games. I don't mean that as an insult to Arle - 99.9% of video game characters are not remotely as famous as Mario - but I think acting like the relationship between Mario and Mario Kart is comparable to Madou and Puyo is a bit disingenuous. Puyo is what made Arle famous, while it's not like Mario's mainline games ever stopped or that Mario Kart has fully overshadowed their existence.

I do think that Arle could (and probably would) come with Compile-related content - possibly having her original design as one of her skins, maybe coming with a couple key Madou music tracks or spirits, and possibly having her older magic abilities used to fill out her moveset. I just don't think she'd be a Madou-primary character as Puyo Puyo is what gave her her fame...

Though, frankly, all this said, I probably would like Arle just as much if she did use her Madou skills, as I do want more sorcerer characters in Smash in general...

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Ah yes compile's well endowed iconic history like Spriggan, Aleste, and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ghostbusters on the genesis

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I expect Arle's representation of Compile as a whole to go about as far as 95% SEGA-era, 5% Compile era (besides, well, herself). Most I can see is a few colorations.

That being said, I think her moveset would not reference the Puyo directly, instead doing so through more subtle means like a chaining mechanic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To be fair, nearly all of Arle's battle skills in Puyo came from Madou anyway. Fire, Ice Storm, Thunder, Jugem, Mind Blast, Revia, Diacute, Bayoen. They all originated in Madou and Sakurai will most likely have the clout to be allowed to point out that all of her attacks hail from that series.

Heck, it's in SEGA's best interest to just let Arle get in as much Madou stuff as she can, since it's the only place it'd be legally allowed.

Calane

Smash Ace
I agree with 100% of what you said, which makes me think I phrased my point poorly haha.

Arle's legacy and Puyo's legacy are, of course, intertwined. If we're building a literal Museum of Gaming History, then of course Arle gets in as the queen of puzzle games. Madou is part of that as well - frankly, it's a fairly aspirational story about creativity, as a dungeon-crawler's spin-off game managed to become one of the most famous puzzle games worldwide. Her being a character famous for being from a video game is very normal for a video game character, as you said haha. So, yeah, Arle is iconic and I do think she totally could kick ass in Smash.

My point was one of marketability. Arle is famous due to people knowing her as the Puyo protagonist. Moreover, even if some western fans haven't heard of Arle herself, the pass can still be sold on the Puyo aspect - saying "Hey, here's a character from the falling block series you knew and loved as Kirby's Avalanche/Mean Bean Machine as a kid! Look at the falling blocks on her stage! You recognize those.". Selling Arle as being primarily from Madou loses this wider marketability and, moreover, kind of misses the point of how many people fell in love with her character? It feels to me about as logical as if they had sold Banjo as part of a Diddy Kong Racing pack, featuring a Diddy Kong Racing stage and a moveset where Banjo is in a kart for the whole time. Yeah, that would honour his origin, but it would ignore why he became famous and why people wanted him in Smash in the first place.

I was also contrasting her fame with Mario, as that was the example Geno used of a character who is represented by his mainline games instead of his spin-offs. Mario is the arguably most famous gaming character, so even when his spin-offs outsell his original games, it doesn't matter. He's still Mario Jumpman Mario and so he has a Jumpman platformer moveset in Smash. I don't think Arle's fame transcends Puyo in the same way Mario's fame transcends any of his spin-off games. I don't mean that as an insult to Arle - 99.9% of video game characters are not remotely as famous as Mario - but I think acting like the relationship between Mario and Mario Kart is comparable to Madou and Puyo is a bit disingenuous. Puyo is what made Arle famous, while it's not like Mario's mainline games ever stopped or that Mario Kart has fully overshadowed their existence.

I do think that Arle could (and probably would) come with Compile-related content - possibly having her original design as one of her skins, maybe coming with a couple key Madou music tracks or spirits, and possibly having her older magic abilities used to fill out her moveset. I just don't think she'd be a Madou-primary character as Puyo Puyo is what gave her her fame...

Though, frankly, all this said, I probably would like Arle just as much if she did use her Madou skills, as I do want more sorcerer characters in Smash in general...
Ah, I see. Seems like I misunderstood what you meant originally.

That makes sense. Puyo Puyo is Arle's claim to fame, so that should definitely be pushed to the forefront and represented more than anything else.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure who to vote. In all seriousness, i'd give my support for both Arle and Lip.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It's Arle day~ day again~ and lots of support's coming out my friends.

Ah, when Volume 2 felt like a pipe dream...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Just stopping by to say I'm really rooting for Arle! I've only played a couple Puyo Puyo games, but I would love a lively, colorful character that utilizes anything from the games in her moveset. I'm a sucker for bright and cheery characters and would love to see her repped in Smash. I think she has a decent chance, fingers crossed!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Arle is being rated in Rate Their Chances! Come show your support!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just stopping by to say I'm really rooting for Arle! I've only played a couple Puyo Puyo games, but I would love a lively, colorful character that utilizes anything from the games in her moveset. I'm a sucker for bright and cheery characters and would love to see her repped in Smash. I think she has a decent chance, fingers crossed!
I take I can add you to the support list then? Actually, whoever wants to be on the support list and I haven't added them yet, please let me know.

D

Deleted member

Let's imagine a scenario where we got our Puyo Puyo fighter, but instead of Arle, it's either Amitie or Ringo. How wold you feel if either one of those two was chosen and not Arle? Will you still accept such scenario?

Calane

Smash Ace
Let's imagine a scenario where we got our Puyo Puyo fighter, but instead of Arle, it's either Amitie or Ringo. How wold you feel if either one of those two was chosen and not Arle? Will you still accept such scenario?
I'd be...slightly upset about it, actually. While I like Amitie and Ringo, I feel that Arle should be the one to represent Puyo Puyo. She's the original protagonist, and has the most history as a character. I wouldn't mind if Amitie was added as an echo or something, though.

amageish

Smash Master
I'd definitely a bit disappointed. Arle has the legacy and is my go-to Puyo popper personally. I also like her slightly more traditional fantasy design over the more modern looks of Amitie or Ringo.

That said, I also really want Puyo music in Smash... So, if the character comes with good tunes, then I will be overall pretty happy and probably pretty hype.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
It wouldn't bother me TOO much, but I definitely wouldn't be as excited if we get anyone that isn't Arle, as much as I like Amitie and Ringo.

That said, I honestly don't think that if we get a Puyo Puyo character, it would be anyone but Arle. She's the original protagonist, the protagonist in the highest number of games, and essentially the series' mascot. This isn't an ARMS situation where you can make a case the entire cast is equal, so I don't see Sakurai picking anyone but her.

The only other option besides "Arle" would be "Arle & Carbuncle", which is something I can totally see Sakurai doing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It wouldn't bother me TOO much, but I definitely wouldn't be as excited if we get anyone that isn't Arle, as much as I like Amitie and Ringo.

That said, I honestly don't think that if we get a Puyo Puyo character, it would be anyone but Arle. She's the original protagonist, the protagonist in the highest number of games, and essentially the series' mascot. This isn't an ARMS situation where you can make a case the wntire cast is equal, so I don't see Sakurai picking anyone but her.

The only other option besides "Arle" would be "Arle & Carbuncle", which is something I can totally see Sakurai doing.
I'd definitely a bit disappointed. Arle has the legacy and is my go-to Puyo popper personally. I also like her slightly more traditional fantasy design over the more modern looks of Amitie or Ringo.

That said, I also really want Puyo music in Smash... So, if the character comes with good tunes, then I will be overall pretty happy and probably pretty hype.
I'd be...slightly upset about it, actually. While I like Amitie and Ringo, I feel that Arle should be the one to represent Puyo Puyo. She's the original protagonist, and has the most history as a character. I wouldn't mind if Amitie was added as an echo or something, though.
I see. But there is also another scenario where we actually got not just Arle, but also get Amitie and Ringo as alternate characters for Arle. Let's say we got all 3 of them as one character in the style of DQ Hero and Bowser Jr. And they have outfits that represent their classic outfits, modern outfits, and the exclusive Puyo Puyo 7 School Uniforms. What if this is the scenario that we get, and how would you in this entire thread feel?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
There's absolutely no demand for Amitie or Ringo besides cases of individuals. Everything's been bottlenecked to Arle, so it'd be a ridiculous pick that bothers Puyo fans because they skipped out on the one we wanted for no reason, and everybody else will be even less familiar with them so they're gonna get a lot of hate.

Unless it was mandated that only Amitie or Ringo could happen, then they're definitely not happening.

D

Deleted member

There's absolutely no demand for Amitie or Ringo besides cases of individuals. Everything's been bottlenecked to Arle, so it'd be a ridiculous pick that bothers Puyo fans because they skipped out on the one we wanted for no reason, and everybody else will be even less familiar with them so they're gonna get a lot of hate.

Unless it was mandated that only Amitie or Ringo could happen, then they're definitely not happening.
I know that Arle is our target, just thinking of different scenarios just in case.

amageish

Smash Master
I see. But there is also another scenario where we actually got not just Arle, but also get Amitie and Ringo as alternate characters for Arle. Let's say we got all 3 of them as one character in the style of DQ Hero and Bowser Jr. And they have outfits that represent their classic outfits, modern outfits, and the exclusive Puyo Puyo 7 School Uniforms. What if this is the scenario that we get, and how would you in this entire thread feel?
I mean, that would require some bending of canon abilities, but I guess I wouldn't look a gift Amitie and Ringo in the mouth?

That said, I agree with everyone else that Arle is far more likely, possibly with Carbuncle if they're feeling spicy.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not on the support list? Maybe I just assumed I'd come here and didnt :O In any case I'd love Arle in smash :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just like everyone else, I'd honestly be pretty darn disappointed if either Amitie or Ringo became the playable Puyo rep. Seriously, I love the both of them, but it's Arle or bust.

I mean, that would require some bending of canon abilities, but I guess I wouldn't look a gift Amitie and Ringo in the mouth?
I hope no one minds me bringing up my thoughts and ideas on how Smash Bros. didn't seem to have issue with Ness and Lucas using attacks they don't use in their home games.

I'm not on the support list? Maybe I just assumed I'd come here and didnt :O In any case I'd love Arle in smash :)
Weird, you're not on there? Well then, Teeb147 Teeb147 ... you are now an official member of the Puyo-popping experience! Congrats!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Weird, you're not on there? Well then, Teeb147 Teeb147 ... you are now an official member of the Puyo-popping experience! Congrats!
Thanks! I belong there :D I love puyo puyo, it's one of my favorite puzzle games. And of course I like Arle too

If she was a fighter, I would guess that some of her moves could launch puyo slimes and that somehow if they got together with similar colors it could cause a combo attack . :) At least that's one way I'd see them using the game's mechanics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom