• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Without going into detail, I do hope the concept shown isn't going to be what they go with for 30th anniversary game. I mean, even if it is I'll still get it, I love what I was shown and hope it happens eventually. I'm just saying it would rub me the wrong way is all, despite how silly that sounds.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Without going into detail, I do hope the concept shown isn't going to be what they go with for 30th anniversary game. I mean, even if it is I'll still get it, I love what I was shown and hope it happens eventually. I'm just saying it would rub me the wrong way is all, despite how silly that sounds.
I'm thinking [name expunged] will be the game after that, if it comes to fruition. 30th will probably be more like Chronicle 2 or 15th version 3.

D

Deleted member

I really hope Arle is next after the ARMS fighter! I really NEED A TRUE PUZZLE REP IN SMASH!!

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I don't consider Fatman to be credible, I can't think of a single rumor he said himself that was correct.
Besides, I feel like an "Iwata tribute" character would've happened already at this point if we were getting one, there's no way that they would plan a tribute only now, and especially this late into the game's DLC cycle considering we weren't originally going to have anything beyond the first Fighters' Pass.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If Arle actually got in, and her Classic Mode involved puzzle games, you think :ultkirby: would be of the opponents?
Either he's the first opponent, or as I'd prefer, he'd be the "boss battle". Likely with Dedede and Meta Knight in the latter case, who represented Satan and Rulue in Avalanche. That, or a call-back to Melee where you fight a normal Kirby, and then a horde of Puyo colored Kirbies (though this time, they don't have copy abilities) or a giant one.

In Japan it'd still make sense because of Kirby Star Stacker and the SNES version.

D

Deleted member

Either he's the first opponent, or as I'd prefer, he'd be the "boss battle". Likely with Dedede and Meta Knight in the latter case, who represented Satan and Rulue in Avalanche. That, or a call-back to Melee where you fight a normal Kirby, and then a horde of Puyo colored Kirbies (though this time, they don't have copy abilities) or a giant one.

In Japan it'd still make sense because of Kirby Star Stacker and the SNES version.
But what if part of the classic route involves the Lip Mii Swordsman costume battle?

D

Deleted member

You know.... i feel bad for those Nintendo characters currently in Smash, Aside from not having their Ultimate Puzzle Rep (You know who), Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, Wario, and Kirby combined as Puzzle reps would never stand a chance against Arle. Knowing that Arle is a Strong mage, she could EASILY MAIM the fighters currently on the roster and upcoming challengers, Yes, EVEN DOOMGUY AND CRASH.

Speaking of Arle, what if Amitie and Ringo became alternate characters like the DQ Heroes and Bowser Jr.? Speaking of Ringo, her spells can remain the same, only they use elemental effects like Arle and Amitie.

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
You know.... i feel bad for those Nintendo characters currently in Smash, Aside from not having their Ultimate Puzzle Rep (You know who), Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, Wario, and Kirby combined as Puzzle reps would never stand a chance against Arle. Knowing that Arle is a Strong mage, she could EASILY MAIM the fighters currently on the roster and upcoming challengers, Yes, EVEN DOOMGUY AND CRASH.
Well yeah of course they'd lose against Arle, they don't know how to play Puyo yet /s.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
With not much going on in terms of character news for a while, if you play Rivals of Aether there's a workshop mod for Arle that directly rips one of her smash concept movesets if anyone's looking for their fill while we keep speculating.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And here it is! If you want this shirt to show your love of Puyo Puyo, better hurry, because I have no idea if they'll restock.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Although I still support Arle, as time goes on, I find it more likely that PuyoPuyo in general will get spirit'd.

Random Thought: Has SEGA had a spirit event yet? I may just be forgetting one, but I can't recall one off the top of my head...

Arle definitely is at some risk, but I think she could very well end up playable as well. It'd make some sense for Sakura Wars or Catherine: Full Body to get spirits if they wanna promote upcoming games though (assuming neither will be getting playable representation)...

D

Deleted member

Pretty certain this was asked before but can Amitie and Ringo work as Arle's Erdrick/Solo/Eight?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Pretty certain this was asked before but can Amitie and Ringo work as Arle's Erdrick/Solo/Eight?
I've wondered that myself. I'm sure Amitie could work either way (Echo/alt. skin), but Ringo... well, they could give us the explanation that Arle (and Amitie) taught Ringo their spells in preparation for Smash.

Hey, if Nintendo was willing to use that kind of excuse to hand-wave why Ness and Lucas can use PSI moves they don't normally use, then...

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

Random Thought: Has SEGA had a spirit event yet? I may just be forgetting one, but I can't recall one off the top of my head...

Arle definitely is at some risk, but I think she could very well end up playable as well. It'd make some sense for Sakura Wars or Catherine: Full Body to get spirits if they wanna promote upcoming games though (assuming neither will be getting playable representation)...
I could see Streets of Rage getting a Spirit Event too, given the SoR4 release.

D

Deleted member

No, i just can't let Puyo Puyo get spirited away from Smash. If that were to happen, we'll NEVER get the Justice for Puzzle games, and the whole Roster will be Cursed once the terrifying Doom Slayer and the Bloodthirsty Scorpion WRONGFULLY invade Smash Bros (if that were to happen and replace Arle and Lip's supposed roster spot!)

Seriously, Mai Shiranui is NOT allowed to even be a Cameo because she looks sexualized, so, Doom Slayer and Scorpion cannot be allowed to join without having a Lewd game character like Asuka from Senran Kagura being in Smash first, and we can't have Asuka before Neptune from Neptunia, and we CAN'T HAVE A COMPILE HEART Representative like Nepu before having Arle as the first Compile representative (Because that is where Puyo Puyo by historical accuracy came from)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What a way to start Sonic's anniversary, heh.

No, i just can't let Puyo Puyo get spirited away from Smash. If that were to happen, we'll NEVER get the Justice for Puzzle games, and the whole Roster will be Cursed once the terrifying Doom Slayer and the Bloodthirsty Scorpion WRONGFULLY invade Smash Bros (if that were to happen and replace Arle and Lip's supposed roster spot!)

Seriously, Mai Shiranui is NOT allowed to even be a Cameo because she looks sexualized, so, Doom Slayer and Scorpion cannot be allowed to join without having a Lewd game character like Asuka from Senran Kagura being in Smash first, and we can't have Asuka before Neptune from Neptunia, and we CAN'T HAVE A COMPILE HEART Representative like Nepu before having Arle as the first Compile representative (Because that is where Puyo Puyo by historical accuracy came from)
Breathe, man, I think you're having a stroke here. There's no correlation between any of those. :dizzy:

There's an equal chance that none of those characters (let alone Lip) could show up at all. Characters are asked for, or they're not, nothing is "stolen". Just missed opportunities that couldn't be gotten around to in time, that's all.

Besides, Doom fans already think the marine's out of the running because some guy that wasn't the Bethesda prez said nothing serious happened with Nintendo.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

Sonic x Puyo Puyo merchandise
Using the puyos for each pixel is... It's actually quite genius.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
I would say that if they already have quite similar bodies and after all, many of the spells of heroes, none can learn them and others can only be learned by some of them but not all

D

Deleted member

I would say that if they already have quite similar bodies and after all, many of the spells of heroes, none can learn them and others can only be learned by some of them but not all
So like Ness and Lucas?

Top Bottom