• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

If this were to
Wow, this is pretty much what my post from a while back about Puyo Puyo's Spirits was getting at. Only with the addition of Amitie (as much as I'd like her, I don't know if we'd get as an Echo/Alph/Koopaling-type alt. skin), Risukuma, and Maguro. Honestly, with almost everyone else here, I'm a bit surprised you didn't have the latter two in this Spirit Board of yours.
If this were to be at the Sakurai presentation of Arle's reveal, he would make us believe Amitie is left out of sight when she is not shown as a Spirit or a Mii Costume, until.... SAKURAI Reveals Amitie as the FIRST DLC ECHO FIGHTER....

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I was planning to make some for Amitie as well, but Arle took longer than I expected. Maybe sometime soon!
Here's Amitie!

Even though I assume that if Amitie were to get into Smash, it'd be as costumes for Arle, I still made a full eight. I liked messing with her usual colors for the eighth costume to get it more like Fever's odd color scheme.

Would anyone want to see Ringo ones as well? I wanted to do Amitie after Arle because they've got similar abilities (meaning she could fit as costumes for Arle), and also because she's my favorite of the bunch. But I know lots of people like Ringo as well, so... if any of you would want to see those, let me know!

Only with the addition of Amitie (as much as I'd like her, I don't know if we'd get as an Echo/Alph/Koopaling-type alt. skin)
You don't think so? Honestly, I've personally been thinking that we probably would get her as alternate costumes if Arle got in. Hero (and Byleth, to a lesser extent) show that they're willing to do character costumes with different voices and everything for the DLC characters.

--

On another note, the Sega Ages version of Puyo 2 is pretty close to release!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's Amitie!

Even though I assume that if Amitie were to get into Smash, it'd be as costumes for Arle, I still made a full eight. I liked messing with her usual colors for the eighth costume to get it more like Fever's odd color scheme.

Would anyone want to see Ringo ones as well? I wanted to do Amitie after Arle because they've got similar abilities (meaning she could fit as costumes for Arle), and also because she's my favorite of the bunch. But I know lots of people like Ringo as well, so... if any of you would want to see those, let me know!
I'd like to see your Ringo alts.!

You don't think so? Honestly, I've personally been thinking that we probably would get her as alternate costumes if Arle got in. Hero (and Byleth, to a lesser extent) show that they're willing to do character costumes with different voices and everything for the DLC characters.
Well, I'm not putting past Sakurai to do that. I don't know, maybe I'm just not using my imagination enough.

amageish

Smash Master
I feel like Arle would either get both her classic design and her modern SEGA design as alts, or she'd get Amitie as an alt. Ringo joining her too would be amazing, but I don't know if they'd be willing to go that all-in on costumes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel like Arle would either get both her classic design and her modern SEGA design as alts, or she'd get Amitie as an alt. Ringo joining her too would be amazing, but I don't know if they'd be willing to go that all-in on costumes.
It's not really a DQ situation, so I think they wouldn't have too many options beyond making sure the fans of all PP eras are happy.

Also, the chances of the other heroines becoming playable on their own in Smash's future are almost non-existent, so at least this way they could still get in.

By the way, the fan translation of the Mega Drive version of Madou Monogatari got released.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Kind of interesting but that Puyo Wars game (yes there was a Super Robot Wars Puyo game) has a flashback with Arle

Wonder if those games were canonically taking place in the far future

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ringo and Ally don't really work, mostly because their abilities are totally different. Amitie I could see, but I'd rather they doubled down on Arle herself.
You know what? I think I'm starting to realize just why I don't feel like Amitie should be Arle's Echo (or even an alt. skin of her). I think I'm one of those folks who feel that if the entire 'A' Trio isn't playable in some way, they shouldn't just give special treatment to Amitie just because she happens to share a number of Arle's spells.

If anything, I feel as if Arle should be playable all by herself (with Amitie and Ringo getting something of mention, preferably all 3 girls + Carbuncle involved in Arle's FS, and/or Arle gets Amitie and Ringo-inspired alt. colors).

Maybe this is bias talking, but I feel like if that was the case, I'd much rather have Doppelganger Arle appear as Arle's Alph/Koopaling-type alt. skin (i.e. Different voice clips, Announcer/Audience clips, etc.).

For the record, I don't hate Amitie or anything like that. In fact, I ADORE the girl. I just feel weird (and a bit wrong) in seeing Arle and Amitie be playable without Ringo, just because she only uses lightning magic.

Kind of interesting but that Puyo Wars game (yes there was a Super Robot Wars Puyo game) has a flashback with Arle

Wonder if those games were canonically taking place in the far future

It's possible considering the whole 'Satan (Dark Prince) recreated the Madou reality with a time loop' deal. Apparently, Puyo Puyo~n and Puyo Puyo BOX were going to be the games where he took action to end it, but the idea was dropped for being too serious and dark.

D

Deleted member

You know what? I think I'm starting to realize just why I don't feel like Amitie should be Arle's Echo (or even an alt. skin of her). I think I'm one of those folks who feel that if the entire 'A' Trio isn't playable in some way, they shouldn't just give special treatment to Amitie just because she happens to share a number of Arle's spells.

If anything, I feel as if Arle should be playable all by herself (with Amitie and Ringo getting something of mention, preferably all 3 girls + Carbuncle involved in Arle's FS, and/or Arle gets Amitie and Ringo-inspired alt. colors).

Maybe this is bias talking, but I feel like if that was the case, I'd much rather have Doppelganger Arle appear as Arle's Alph/Koopaling-type alt. skin (i.e. Different voice clips, Announcer/Audience clips, etc.).

For the record, I don't hate Amitie or anything like that. In fact, I ADORE the girl. I just feel weird (and a bit wrong) in seeing Arle and Amitie be playable without Ringo, just because she only uses lightning magic.

It's possible considering the whole 'Satan (Dark Prince) recreated the Madou reality with a time loop' deal. Apparently, Puyo Puyo~n and Puyo Puyo BOX were going to be the games where he took action to end it, but the idea was dropped for being too serious and dark.
I don't really care about everyone else's position if Arle were to join Smash. But still, anything can happen. If Sakurai purposely breaks the One independent character per 3rd Party franchise rule, he will make a way to get Arle, Amitie, and Ringo playable at once. Or Sakurai can just make an excuse that Ringo somehow learnt Elemental Magic just to qualify as an actual Alt swap of Arle (Same with Amitie)

D

Deleted member

Also, wouldn't fans be annoyed that Arle gets focus over the other heroines once again? We don't need fan rules for which alts can get in, of all things.

Oh, by the way, semi-bad news: https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1230003858329329664
If what he says is true, i hope Arle is part of the pass as quickly as possible. And i do believe that People shouldn't always look up to Super Smash Bros. There are other games that are as good as, if not, BETTER than Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart 8 is still #1 in Best Seller game. If SEGA wants to, they could probably make their own Smash like crossover game. But if that were to happen, only SEGA characters can join as the first game.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Alright, guys. Ultimate has loads of clone characters, so if we out officially, we still got a great chance unofficially, especially with the relevance of Puyo Puyo in the west over the past few years. I still have faith.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If what he says is true, i hope Arle is part of the pass as quickly as possible. And i do believe that People shouldn't always look up to Super Smash Bros. There are other games that are as good as, if not, BETTER than Super Smash Bros. Mario Kart 8 is still #1 in Best Seller game. If SEGA wants to, they could probably make their own Smash like crossover game. But if that were to happen, only SEGA characters can join as the first game.
ArcSys recently did something like that with their characters but it's...weird and kind of a mishmash of ideas that don't quite gel together, to put it kindly.

There are Smash clones out there, but they're rarely as well-executed. I can vouch for Rivals of Aether though, it's a pretty good game by the maker of Super Smash Land and has Shovel Knight in it.

Alright, guys. Ultimate has loads of clone characters, so if we out officially, we still got a great chance unofficially, especially with the relevance of Puyo Puyo in the west over the past few years. I still have faith.
Puyo Puyo 2's localization is an important step, since it exposes a fresh audience of players to Arle and her frenemies. That'll help bolster up the ranks of fan support over time.

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Puyo Puyo 2's localization is an important step, since it exposes a fresh audience of players to Arle and her frenemies. That'll help bolster up the ranks of fan support over time.
Do we know if the story dialogue is going to be localized as well? I assumed that was going to sadly remain untouched.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As I've said elsewhere on this forum: what's the point?

All you get from doing that on a fan poll is Internet brownie points, and even then online poll results can easily be stuffed and manipulated by individual voters, so it wouldn't properly gauge the demand for a specific character.

Heck, I've seen at least one older SG poll result list that didn't have a single SNK character (and I should know, I combed through the entire list).

Notshane

Smash Ace
Dang, if she looked like the one on the right with alts from the left, that sure would be amazing. Vice versa would be acceptable too, since as Sakurai himself said, if both of the characters are similar enough, you decide who is the clone. Really, only said that about Simon and Richter, but yeah.

Due to Arle's post-Fever design having way more games, it really is tough to imagine which design Sakurai is going to pick. He may think that the Compile games have more charm, but may believe the fans nowadays will recognize the Sonic Team games more. Seeing both of these renders puts me on edge. And it also really makes me realize just how different that redesign made Arle.

Since I familiarized myself with the Compile games first (look at my current pfp as of this writing) and all, I naturally have far more attachment toward the render on the right. It feels like the real "Arle" to me, but by no means would that make me upset if she ended up as the one on the left in Smash since all of Puyo Puyo is coming along with her for the ride, I finally get music from the series in Smash and I know Sticker will end up as one of the stage tracks for sure. I just hope they have the Mega Drive original and not only a remix.

Look at me, getting ahead of myself. Though, we got six more chances, Puyo Puyo remains fairly popular in Japan, one of her games outright showed up on the NSO completely in Japanese on the overseas emulators and is so far the only game on the overseas emulators with this distinction, so this excitement is fair game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd go for Lip after Arle. (Probably that would be cancelled if Amitie suddenly became an Echo Fighter or Arle Alt costume)

Why i specifically want Amitie as a DLC Echo Fighter? Because if Arle is a DLC character, it makes much more sense, although it would cost a little bit more because Amitie is made slightly different in terms of moveset and completely different personality.

D

Deleted member

I'd main Arle SO HARD if i have to and if she finally joins the Battle as a Fighter and Not a Spirit. But if Amitie is there as a character, i'd main her too. And about the trio thing, if Amitie and Ringo became Legit Arle alt character, Sakurai can just make up an excuse that Ringo has disguised her usual magic as Elemental magic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I used to think that Arle having Amitie as a costume swap (like Olimar with Alph or the Hero(s)) would be nice but in retrospective they're too different for that. It'd be neat if there were "Classic" and "Modern" Arle alts to show both major Puyo Puyo eras. (I also like the "sort-of-armored" look she has on 4)

Once Arle joins, who else do you want?
If it's just SEGA, NiGHTS. Would be neat. But I'd be more than happy with Arle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But once Arle joins, there will be salty people who will hate on her for the wrong reasons too.

D

Deleted member

I'd main Arle SO HARD if i have to and if she finally joins the Battle as a Fighter and Not a Spirit. But if Amitie is there as a character, i'd main her too. And about the trio thing, if Amitie and Ringo became Legit Arle alt character, Sakurai can just make up an excuse that Ringo has disguised her usual magic as Elemental magic.
Arle would make a great Mage type character to add to my palette.

But once Arle joins, there will be salty people who will hate on her for the wrong reasons too.
I firmly believe that no Smash character has nigh perfect approval. Even BK had their haters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And then the characters in question get forgotten about so that the haters move to a different target, forever.

I don't see what the point of being concerned about haters is, they end up promoting characters far more than their own supporters do anyway.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Hey y'all, long time no see!

I've been quite Inactive on the boards lately but I've been lurking and appreciate the conversation that's been happening as of late.

Though, this is probably not the best time to be too joyful considering the morbid news that I'm about to share...about 30 minutes ago, it was reported that Sakurai suffered a health scare as he was excersising at the gym. His passing out is associated with fatigue and dehydration.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/356257-sakurai-suffers-a-health-scare-passes-out-while-at-the-gym

He likely hasn't been getting enough rest as he should, coupled with a lack of water in take. I'm hoping that this doesn't lead to any major health issues or something more devastating.

He should be in good hands, but my prayers go out to him.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in and express my support for Arle!

She's climbed up to being one of my absolute most wanted characters, especially after deep diving into the Puyo series to see what all the fuss is about. I would be so happy to see such a charming series and character represented in Smash, and I think she's got a real good shot. Here's hoping!

Top Bottom