• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think we have much room to talk when it comes to being "Obscure" lol. I don't particularly care for those characters myself but I can see the appeal of them and why people would want them in. Envy accomplishes nothing but to make us look dense and oblivious in regards to our current standing. We should try to make fans of other characters also want to support us and vice versa. Then if Arle somehow does make it in fans of other characters will be happy for us rather than upset that their character didn't get in.
Great way of putting it. As a fandom, the best times are when we all support each other. And isn't Puyo Puyo all about chaining and combining? :p

Even in the Sega sphere, we have "competition" with other characters. Eggman, Kiryu, even crazy outside picks like Miku could slide in. We gotta be prepared but also support where we can. It's important to remember that Puyo Puyo's resurgence as itself is fairly recent and the characters may be known to fans but not necessarily to non-fans (who would only know the Puyos, if that).

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I never understood why the cute characters can't coexist with the "dark gun guys". A game where Arle can thrash the likes of Doomguy and vice-versa is WAY more fun.

Roster diversity is not just important, it can also be funny.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I never understood why the cute characters can't coexist with the "dark gun guys". A game where Arle can thrash the likes of Doomguy and vice-versa is WAY more fun.

Roster diversity is not just important, it can also be funny.
Part of why I support Arle is for that reason. There's a reason Style Savvy is my most-wanted first-party to get a fighter - she'd just be really funny in the Smash universe.

D

Deleted member

I don't think we have much room to talk when it comes to being "Obscure" lol. I don't particularly care for those characters myself but I can see the appeal of them and why people would want them in. Envy accomplishes nothing but to make us look dense and oblivious in regards to our current standing. We should try to make fans of other characters also want to support us and vice versa. Then if Arle somehow does make it in fans of other characters will be happy for us rather than upset that their character didn't get in.
And again, i know where you are going with this. In fact, while i do understand their reasons for wanting their characters in to represent a gaming genre or just wanted a certain character back to relevancy, i am also trying to tell that some characters are just unlikely. Yes, the addition of Doomguy and Scorpion would be insane, but what's the point if you remove what makes them great to begin with? Doomguy aside from his guns is known for Ripping his enemies into Literal pieces, and Scorpion is mostly known for his Fatalities and Brutal strength, and the reason i don't want them specifically in smash is because it would be wasted potential, and come on, While Doomguy is a dope character, you're NOT DOOMGUY if you aren't ripping or tearing someone into bloody pieces in Smash, and Smash is supposed to be for the Good Boys and Girls of all ages, and if Mai Shiranui cannot be a Cameo, I think Doomguy and Scorpion not making it in to Smash would be fair enough so that there is a balance. And, realistically, the DOOM series and Mortal Kombat series have a VERY Demonic atmosphere far more Severe and Worse than Bayonetta, which is something i cannot see be included in Smash. Some characters, are best left alone for Sakiurai's sake.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Don't know why I took this long, but I'm coming in to say I'd love to see Arle make it. Given there's no true puzzle rep in Smash (Dr. Mario barely counts, he's more like regular Mario than a puzzle char) I think she'd make perfect sense to be the first. Puyo Puyo has a pretty long history, and it's only getting more known by the day.

Plus, I'd love to have another spellcaster, I'm sure Arle would use many of her magic should she make it in. I really hope she's one of the 6 in this pass.
I take it I can add you to the support list?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Add me to the support list, please.

Puyo Puyo is really fun and I think Arle has a very appealing design that would translate perfectly to Smash.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Be aware that previous events like this tended to have a 90~97% focus on PPQ. Don’t come in expecting Smash announcements, those happen worldwide.

amageish

Smash Master
Be aware that previous events like this tended to have a 90~97% focus on PPQ. Don’t come in expecting Smash announcements, those happen worldwide.
This is true, though it'll be interesting to see what potential crossover characters the gang will be cosplaying as this time if nothing else!

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
It's always possible - I remember that Shulk was initially revealed for Smash 4 in a Japan-only Nintendo Direct. We definitely shouldn't expect any Smash news, and I agree that it's very, very unlikely... but hey, maybe we could be surprised, haha!

This is true, though it'll be interesting to see what potential crossover characters the gang will be cosplaying as this time if nothing else!
"For the first time ever, Puyo Puyo is crossing over with Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and other beloved franchises..."

"That's right! They're coming to Puyo Puyo Quest!"

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I only really see it happening if there is going to be a direct on the same week, they will just show a teaser of her in the Puyo Puyo event and then the direct will properly show her off, but is still not too likely.

amageish

Smash Master
"For the first time ever, Puyo Puyo is crossing over with Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and other beloved franchises..."

"That's right! They're coming to Puyo Puyo Quest!"
I mean, that would be genuinely awesome, though I wish people luck talking the Pokemon Company into that haha.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
If Arle does get in smash how should they go about incorporating the stacking/puzzle mechanics into smash? I would think you could stack "status effects" every 4 of the same status would make a big attack.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Add me to the support list, please.

Puyo Puyo is really fun and I think Arle has a very appealing design that would translate perfectly to Smash.
Lamperouge Lamperouge You're officially a member of the Puyo-popping experience! Congrats!

Ahem.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...tream_next_month_will_share_24_pieces_of_news

Do have to wonder how they'll fill out 24 pieces of information.
Yeah, I'm going to have to side with Ridrool64 Ridrool64 on this one. As much as I'd like something Smash-related or even a new Puyo game with ACTUAL content, I've seen enough of these Puyo livestreams to safely bet that 98-99% of the time (at least in recent years), these livestreams are only used to showcase new Puyo Quest content.

D

Deleted member

When Sakurai presents us Arle, he would possibly showcase us the cameo characters in her stage, and they could possibly be part of Arle's Spirit Board DLC, And i may be certain that Amitie would be one of them. But what if Amitie wasn't a cameo or even a spirit, let al9ne a Mii costume, and then Sakurai announces Amitie as the first ever DLC Echo Fighter? How would you guys react?

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
If Arle was added to smash... would Sakurai base her off of Madou Monogatari or Puyo? Or maybe her moveset would use both?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Another Madou Monogatari game got an English fan translation! Wowee!

But what if Amitie wasn't a cameo or even a spirit, let al9ne a Mii costume, and then Sakurai announces Amitie as the first ever DLC Echo Fighter? How would you guys react?

I feel like if Arle gets in, Amitie will probably be some of the costumes in the same vein as Hero.

If Arle was added to smash... would Sakurai base her off of Madou Monogatari or Puyo? Or maybe her moveset would use both?
I imagine she would be mostly based on Puyo Puyo, but she'd probably use spells that carried over to Puyo from Madou Monogatari.

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Another Madou Monogatari game got an English fan translation! Wowee!

I feel like if Arle gets in, Amitie will probably be some of the costumes in the same vein as Hero.

I imagine it would be mostly based on Puyo Puyo, but she'd probably use spells that carried over to Puyo from Madou Monogatari.
I hope she makes it in at some point! She has as much potential as any other character does (and I'd honestly like to see a puzzle rep... alongside a horror rep )

amageish

Smash Master
When Sakurai presents us Arle, he would possibly showcase us the cameo characters in her stage, and they could possibly be part of Arle's Spirit Board DLC, And i may be certain that Amitie would be one of them. But what if Amitie wasn't a cameo or even a spirit, let al9ne a Mii costume, and then Sakurai announces Amitie as the first ever DLC Echo Fighter? How would you guys react?
I'd love to see her as an alt for Arle, as they share so many similar properties already.

As for the idea of her being an echo, that could be awesome, though I do wonder how they would sell a DLC echo fighter. Selling her for less then Arle costs would be kind of a bad idea, given how she'd effectively be a cheaper way for someone to buy Arle, but you also can't sell an echo for the same prize as a full character.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to see her as an alt for Arle, as they share so many similar properties already.

As for the idea of her being an echo, that could be awesome, though I do wonder how they would sell a DLC echo fighter. Selling her for less then Arle costs would be kind of a bad idea, given how she'd effectively be a cheaper way for someone to buy Arle, but you also can't sell an echo for the same prize as a full character.
No, if Amitie was an Echo Fighter, she would obviously be stuffed in Arle's Challenger pack, so buying Arle gave us Amitie for free!

amageish

Smash Master
No, if Amitie was an Echo Fighter, she would obviously be stuffed in Arle's Challenger pack, so buying Arle gave us Amitie for free!
Okay... But... Why would they do that? I suppose the packs are never exactly equal in value (Terry has more music, Hero has more alts, Joker has more spirits, etc.), but I feel like "they give a second character," even if it's an echo, would be making one pack worth a lot more then the others...

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I made my own Classic Mode route for Arle, and it's based around Satan constantly wanting Arle to marry him (at least, as much of that as I remember):
Arle Nadja: Unsuitable Suitors
Stage 1: :ultbowserjr::ultroy2::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultludwig:
on Mushroom Kingdom U (Fortress Boss - Super Mario World)
Stage 2: :ultdk::ultkrool:(free-for-all) on :75M: (Donkey Kong Arcade Medley)
Stage 3: :ultganondorf:on Great Bay (Hidden Mountain and Forest)
Stage 4: :ultrobin::ultcorrin:on Arena Ferox (free-for-all) (Attack! - Fire Emblem)
Stage 5: :ultjoker::ultinklingboy:(free-for-all) on Moray Towers (Mass Destruction)
Stage 6: :ultmario:(wedding alt):ultbowser: on New Donk City Hall (Break Free (Lead the Way))
Boss: Dracula (Final of Puyo Puyo)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Didn't know this version of the Puyo Puyo Song existed
Had to upload it cause it was no where on YouTube and Sega just removed the Puyo Puyo 7 OST off Spotify literally right after I discovered it

D

Deleted member

How would you react if Arle's Smash fighter debut included her childish vocal rendition of her theme?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post! I'm hoping that since I actually put some effort into the post, it'll be okay.

I always find it fun to make hypothetical alts for characters, but usually I just do it because I find simple photo editing fun, and don't really share them with anyone. Shortly before Byleth's release, though, I decided to post one in the character thread, and people seemed to like it, so I figured I'd do some for Arle next! I used her Chronicles render, because it's the most similar thing to a Smash render.

So there we go! I know that Ridrool64 Ridrool64 did some alts for Arle and Amitie using artwork back in this post, but I thought it'd be fun to give my own take! Hopefully the 3D render helps to make these ones unique too. :) I was planning to make some for Amitie as well, but Arle took longer than I expected. Maybe sometime soon!

Also, since I had to split the render up into layers to make these, here's Arle without a cape!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the livestream reveals Super Smash Bros, do you think it will reveal Arle as the next challenger? Remember, some third parties have became spirit events such as Resident Evil and Tetris because some theory states that these spirited franchises have nothing that big to gain from Smash. Puyo Puyo is big in Japan and is growing in the West and if SEGA is actively pursuing for American gamers, Arle joining the Smash fighters is the only way to go, and as Nintendo's apology for not letting Lip join the fight.

And once Arle joins, do you think Nintendo will realize their mistake and then announce Lip next to send justice to Panel de Pon fans out there?

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
If the livestream reveals Super Smash Bros, do you think it will reveal Arle as the next challenger? Remember, some third parties have became spirit events such as Resident Evil and Tetris because some theory states that these spirited franchises have nothing that big to gain from Smash. Puyo Puyo is big in Japan and is growing in the West and if SEGA is actively pursuing for American gamers, Arle joining the Smash fighters is the only way to go, and as Nintendo's apology for not letting Lip join the fight.

And once Arle joins, do you think Nintendo will realize their mistake and then announce Lip next to send justice to Panel de Pon fans out there?
The last time I watched these streams it was just puyo puyo Quest stuff and like puyo puyo folder and erasers lol

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
arle board p1a.png
arle board p2.png
arle board p3.png

Just threw together a Spirit Board concept. I limited myself to 24 Spirits, the max this list could hold, but I could see that number fluctuating by a lot. No less than 12, but my cap is... well... higher than that. (60.)

If you're wondering about certain characters, the limit of 24 was a very unfortunate one. As well, Amitie was intentionally withheld so she could have a Fighter Spirit, and Tartar is there over more important characters because he'd be the "blue" character in the Primp Town stage concept.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
View attachment 261295View attachment 261296View attachment 261297

Just threw together a Spirit Board concept. I limited myself to 24 Spirits, the max this list could hold, but I could see that number fluctuating by a lot. No less than 12, but my cap is... well... higher than that. (60.)

If you're wondering about certain characters, the limit of 24 was a very unfortunate one. As well, Amitie was intentionally withheld so she could have a Fighter Spirit, and Tartar is there over more important characters because he'd be the "blue" character in the Primp Town stage concept.
Wow, this is pretty much what my post from a while back about Puyo Puyo's Spirits was getting at. Only with the addition of Amitie (as much as I'd like her, I don't know if we'd get as an Echo/Alph/Koopaling-type alt. skin), Risukuma, and Maguro. Honestly, with almost everyone else here, I'm a bit surprised you didn't have the latter two in this Spirit Board of yours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom