• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love how unknown this all is... It really could be Arle, which is just nuts! So many wild possibilities, with Phoenix, Arle, Travis Touchdown, Dante, and more all in contention. It could be any number of curveballs, too!

zferolie

Smash Hero
As i said in other threads, Nintendo and Sakurai wouldnt allow a developer to spoil the fighter. Sakurai is saying he wants this to be a complete surprise, so i doubt its Dante

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As i said in other threads, Nintendo and Sakurai wouldnt allow a developer to spoil the fighter. Sakurai is saying he wants this to be a complete surprise, so i doubt its Dante
Okay, but since when does "I wish X was in" mean it would be a spoiler? A VA's wishlist counts much less than what a higher-up would say, honestly, especially since he didn't claim "he's in".

Not that I think Dante's coming, I still think the DMC3 news timing is just coincidence.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, but since when does "I wish X was in" mean it would be a spoiler? A VA's wishlist counts much less than what a higher-up would say, honestly, especially since he didn't claim "he's in".

Not that I think Dante's coming, I still think the DMC3 news timing is just coincidence.
Not that tweet, the tqeet from dmc producer saying to expect news on the 16th

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice! We’ve only got a little bit longer to wait! I’m excited to see who it is, whether it’s Arle or not. :)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm daring to dream... I literally came back to Smashboards because I wanted to look at Arle movesets after playing PPT and falling in love. She's one of my top-five most-wanted characters and I've been VERY lucky this pass. Could it be time?!

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>puyo puyo producer retweeting a smash reveal for the first time
>puyo 2 sega ages release accidentally leaked for 16th back on 9th
>the admittedly-crack theory of daisy representing arle in the big DLC picture

well well well

1579018381556.png

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here's hoping if Arle gets in, she gets the Hero treatment and gets several other Puyo Puyo characters as alts.

D

Deleted member

But Daisy is an Echo Fighter, and if the theories and All Sakurai Reference-tweets and the Accidental release date favors to Arle who is NOT an echo fighter, could this mean that Arle will have an Echo Fighter? Remember, the characters in the pass are from game franchises new to Smash, and if there is an Echo Fighter in the DLC, It has to echo the fighter from the Pass. Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, and Terry don't have Echo Fighters. And the Pass has: someone with a Firearm, 4 sword boiz, a Bear and Bird Duo, and a Martial Artist. And they came from Mainstream game genres already represented in Smash, but no true Puzzle game rep yet. Could it be that if it's Arle, we get an Echoing surprise if the Daisy theory is true?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
But Daisy is an Echo Fighter, and if the theories and All Sakurai Reference-tweets and the Accidental release date favors to Arle who is NOT an echo fighter, could this mean that Arle will have an Echo Fighter? Remember, the characters in the pass are from game franchises new to Smash, and if there is an Echo Fighter in the DLC, It has to echo the fighter from the Pass. Joker, Erdrick, Banjo, and Terry don't have Echo Fighters. And the Pass has: someone with a Firearm, 4 sword boiz, a Bear and Bird Duo, and a Martial Artist. And they came from Mainstream game genres already represented in Smash, but no true Puzzle game rep yet. Could it be that if it's Arle, we get an Echoing surprise if the Daisy theory is true?
Amitie! Ringo! Satan?!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's hoping if Arle gets in, she gets the Hero treatment and gets several other Puyo Puyo characters as alts.
Crackpot theory time: You know, I'm 99% sure this was for something else, but Sakurai appears to be holding up 3 fingers, so... maybe Arle gets in... alongside Amitie and Ringo somehow?

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Hosoyamada retweeted the cross-company tournament last year. Seems like that's the only smash related one.
Puyo Tsu interview article published today contained the word "Smash Bros." The context was something like, interviewer says that Puyo has two e-sports tourneys today Champions and Tsu, then Okunari said it's like Smash the newest has everything yet old title is still being the fan favorite when you play in competitive.

Last edited:

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
FWIW, Arle is once again mentioned heavily by the Gamexplain dude whose name I always forget.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
FWIW, Arle is once again mentioned heavily by the Gamexplain dude whose name I always forget.
Oh, Jon Cartwright? Might be important. Meanwhile...

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
https://mynintendonews.com/2020/01/...o-tsu-coming-to-nintendo-switch-16th-january/

I posted this in the Newcomer General thread also but I'm going to post it here too.

Sega Ages PuyoPuyo Tsu is releasing in Japan also on the 16. These kind of things never really mean't anything before but it's still quite the coincidence.
It might not be as crazy as you think.

SEGA AGES Tsu being on the same day as the presentation runs just a little deeper than that, my friend. Allow me to repost this theory I came up with:

zferolie

Smash Hero
While so much seems to be pointing to Arle, and i would love that, the game explain video did mention shantae a bunch and played her music during most of it... could they be hinting?

amageish

Smash Master
While so much seems to be pointing to Arle, and i would love that, the game explain video did mention shantae a bunch and played her music during most of it... could they be hinting?
No? GameXplain doesn't hint things. Yes, they did once have a discussion where Jon got an above-average amount of things right, but that only happened once in comparison to the gazillion other videos on their channel. I am guessing the abundance of music is due to them editing it quickly to get the video up...

zferolie

Smash Hero
No? GameXplain doesn't hint things. Yes, they did once have a discussion where Jon got an above-average amount of things right, but that only happened once in comparison to the gazillion other videos on their channel. I am guessing the abundance of music is due to them editing it quickly to get the video up...

I know, it was a joke :p

D

Deleted member

Once Arle fights, i will go back to support Lip. Besides.... Arle is a DANGEROUS MENACE, and Dr. Mario and Yoshi won't be able to rival her, even if they team up! That is why, with Arle's Inclusion, Nintendo will probably give her, someone worthy to fight against.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, on the Sega side they're also starting a Virtua Fighter wave in Sega Heroes on the 16th with Pai Chan...

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Kinda just woke up to all of this, and wow... So the time has finally come!

It's interesting that the Puyo Puyo producer retweeted the announcement, but I'm a very pessimistic guy for the most part, so I'm just gonna assume it doesn't mean anything. Expectations often lead to disappointment and all that.

But if by some miracle Arle does get confirmed? That'd be wild! Getting both Hero AND Arle in the same fighters pass would feel like winning the lottery twice for me. There's just no way, right?

Well, whoever it is, it'll be nice to finally know who FP5 is after all this time.

D

Deleted member

Kinda just woke up to all of this, and wow... So the time has finally come!

It's interesting that the Puyo Puyo producer retweeted the announcement, but I'm a very pessimistic guy for the most part, so I'm just gonna assume it doesn't mean anything. Expectations often lead to disappointment and all that.

But if by some miracle Arle does get confirmed? That'd be wild! Getting both Hero AND Arle in the same fighters pass would feel like winning the lottery twice for me. There's just no way, right?

Well, whoever it is, it'll be nice to finally know who FP5 is after all this time.
You're right! Arle is a very unexpected. If it's Doomguy or Dante or Anyone with combat experience, i already know what to expect. But if it's Arle, crazy things are going to happen and i love it if what you see isn't what you expected.

Calane

Smash Ace
You're right! Arle is a very unexpected. If it's Doomguy or Dante or Anyone with combat experience, i already know what to expect. But if it's Arle, crazy things are going to happen and i love it if what you see isn't what you expected.
Well, Arle has combat experience too (she's a skilled mage after all), but I think I see what you're getting at.

I'd be very interested to see how Sakurai would go about implementing the puyos along with her spells and whatnot. She really has tons of potential to be an amazing Smash fighter.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I feel like people regularly forget how incredibly dangerous Arle really is. This is the same teenager that had not only the power to fight god, but the stamina to do so for hundreds of years. She won.

She's not some two-bit princess, she's a master magician.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I wonder how they are going to incorporate the slime in her moveset, if she is F5. It is interesting if she is more of a "mage" character but with a building block setup.

Edit: don't forget the all important Amiibo that would come with her

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Cool

Top Bottom