• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

zferolie

Smash Hero
So I tried out Puyo Puyo for the first time....and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the gameplay is the same as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which I played a lot of. I now have Puyo Puyo Champions and I'm hoping to get better at it. Now I really understand why people want Arle in Smash. She and the other characters add quite a bit of personality to the game.
Thats because Puyo Puyo became Dr Robtnics Mean Bean Machine outside of japan, because they felt it was too japanese to sell in america

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Thats because Puyo Puyo became Dr Robtnics Mean Bean Machine outside of japan, because they felt it was too japanese to sell in america
On the SNES, it got reskinned as Kirby's Avalanche. Which is ironic, considering that Kirby is a cutesy series itself. It's double ironic that Carbuncle wouldn't be featured in that one, but rather Mean Bean Machine.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the SNES, it got reskinned as Kirby's Avalanche. Which is ironic, considering that Kirby is a cutesy series itself. It's double ironic that Carbuncle wouldn't be featured in that one, but rather Mean Bean Machine.
Man, Kirby was so out of character in that game, just because of the Western 90s culture's obsession with mascots with attitude. And his box sets in the US mostly added angry eyes for a while afterwards. Ironically, Kirby's Avalanche box art didn't actually have angry eyes on him, just yanked Kirby's Adventure key art.

For MBM, I figure they couldn't think of a good enough design for the lead character and just took Carbuncle wholesale. Hell, Satan's theme is even featured in some places!

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So I tried out Puyo Puyo for the first time....and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the gameplay is the same as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, which I played a lot of. I now have Puyo Puyo Champions and I'm hoping to get better at it. Now I really understand why people want Arle in Smash. She and the other characters add quite a bit of personality to the game.
If you have Puyo Puyo Tetris on PC, there's a mod that replaces one of the characters with Robotnik

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Man, Kirby was so out of character in that game, just because of the Western 90s culture's obsession with mascots with attitude. And his box sets in the US mostly added angry eyes for a while afterwards. Ironically, Kirby's Avalanche box art didn't actually have angry eyes on him, just yanked Kirby's Adventure key art.
The advertisements for it were pretty good too!

"Kirby's Avalanche: The chain-reaction puzzle game where saving your skin means burying your opponent in boulders."

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Here's a fun Arle question to get away from all the odds discussion: If Arle gets in, what kind of trailer would people like to see? Something Joker-esque which starts with Arle, misdirecting people into thinking its a Puyo game? Something Hero-esque, where Arle shows up to save the day? Something Terry-esque, where the Puyo cast fights over who gets to be the Smash representative of the IP?
Kinda like Terry in that it's sprite based, but the thing is that it's gotta be her retribution to Kirby. Sonic's an innocent bystander, but featuring him and Joker (who crossed over with her in PPQ) is also highly recommended.

It could be a merger of Terry/Hero's styles. In pixel graphics, Arle walks into a Kirby's Avalanche/Ghost Trap scene and gets mad (the joke is pointed out to Japanese audiences in case they are unaware), but Kirby berates her and abandons her. Then in CGI/Machinima, it's after Galeem and Dharkon have both been defeated. Everybody there is happy for Kirby: nobody seems to be mad, how could they be when he saved them all? Except one, who blasts him away with a Fireball. Everybody is shocked, but when Sonic and Joker look at where the fireball came from, they seem shocked while everybody else is confused. The camera pans out revealing the mysterious attacker, a girl in blue wearing orange. I think you all know where this goes from here.

As an aside, we hit the number! It's the the number! You know the number!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Here's a fun Arle question to get away from all the odds discussion: If Arle gets in, what kind of trailer would people like to see? Something Joker-esque which starts with Arle, misdirecting people into thinking its a Puyo game? Something Hero-esque, where Arle shows up to save the day? Something Terry-esque, where the Puyo cast fights over who gets to be the Smash representative of the IP?
DUN
CLICK
SWISH

We open to the Great Plateau Tower before panning downwards to the grasslands below. Link and Yoshi are traveling together (in reference to Subspace Emissary) when Link spots a Chuchu

1578682939179.png

He slices it down, and Yoshi yelps and motions for him to look upwards. Chuchus are suddenly falling from the sky! But... they don't look like Chuchus... they're Puyos! Link and Yoshi brace themselves, but the Puyos are suddenly levitated by some unseen magic, and are rotated before being dropped into a wall and popped as the colors match. Link and Yoshi turn around to see Arle and Carbuncle who pose for the splash screen

ARLE GETS THE ALL CLEAR!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I've been wondering... what if one of the reasons for Arle being saved for FP5 is because she'll have the largest collection of Spirits to collect? Considering Puyo/Madou's vast cast of characters, we might get the entirety of 20th's cast + characters from the Puyo Fever duology + Every Compile-created character who returned for Quest.

For the record, I don't really believe this will happen, it's just a thought I had.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I already decided to tap into the DLC selection for this and hoo boy.

Arle will have the most Spirits, but it’ll probably be something tame like 24 unless SEGA is really generous. But something like 72 Spirits would be the gift of gods, that’s enough to cover the whole relevant cast and some old classics like Sukiyapodes and Zombie who are still waiting. On top of the Tetra Crew, Ally and Rafisol, the only major exclusions I can think of from the above post.

24 music tracks would also be the most any SEGA series has gotten, and would be necessary for the Spirit Board in that case, but since there are no lyrical songs like Open Your Heart or Rivers in the Desert I don’t think it’s impossible.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I mostly just see them recreating the Puyo Puyo Tsu opening if they did a trailer with her. CGI isn't a given for DLC, remember.

D

Deleted member

I do feel something suspicious and fishy... Allow me to clarify

First: I don't care whether or not Arle is part of the Fighter's pass knowing that More DLC fighters are coming, but i want her announced immediately so i don't have to worry about anyone else.

Second: If Arle ended up being the 75th Fighter and is part of the Fighter's Pass, the fact that she is taking too long would be justified IF there are a number of reasons. If either one of these is true, then it's passable, but if ALL these reasons are true, then i would lose my brain.... (Not literally)
Hey guys, I've been wondering... what if one of the reasons for Arle being saved for FP5 is because she'll have the largest collection of Spirits to collect? Considering Puyo/Madou's vast cast of characters, we might get the entirety of 20th's cast + characters from the Puyo Fever duology + Every Compile-created character who returned for Quest.

For the record, I don't really believe this will happen, it's just a thought I had.
I already decided to tap into the DLC selection for this and hoo boy.

Arle will have the most Spirits, but it’ll probably be something tame like 24 unless SEGA is really generous. But something like 72 Spirits would be the gift of gods, that’s enough to cover the whole relevant cast and some old classics like Sukiyapodes and Zombie who are still waiting. On top of the Tetra Crew, Ally and Rafisol, the only major exclusions I can think of from the above post.

24 music tracks would also be the most any SEGA series has gotten, and would be necessary for the Spirit Board in that case, but since there are no lyrical songs like Open Your Heart or Rivers in the Desert I don’t think it’s impossible.
Reason #1:
Arle will be the ONLY Fighter's Pass character to have the MOST spirits (Fighter Spirit included if you so wished), which just goes to show that SEGA is far more generous than other companies, and SEGA giving Nintendo and Sakurai over 20 music tracks just for this is also Justified.

Reason #2:
Arle has a pack of surprises for us when she is released, one of them being an Echo Fighter for her. Developing an Echo Fighter maybe one of the factors that Arle maybe taking so long if she was to be part of the Fighter's Pass, and one Echo Fighter i think of, should be Amitie. I don't really care about Amitie's status in Smash despite being my favourite in the series because i grew up with this Bubbly Blonde in my childhood, even a Mii Brawler costume is fine by me, but, if Amitie is Actaully an Echo Fighter, this will 100% mean that the Daisy theory is true, why? IF the Daisy Theory favors to Arle, then it's justified for Amitie to be Arle's Echo Fighter since Daisy herself IS an Echo Fighter to Peach.

Reason #3:
After Arle is announced, Sakurai may crash the party by saying that a Bonus DLC character is coming for those who bought the entire Pass, and that can go two different ways, be it First party, or Third Party, or it could go BOTH ways. If the Bonus Character is third party, i can see either Crash or KOS-MOS. For Crash, it fits the Orange color alongside Arle's hairstyle. For KOS-MOS, it fits the Female character addition and will be the SECOND Namco Rep after Pac-Man or SECOND Monolith Soft character after Shulk. If the Bonus Character is Nintendo, i can only see one character, Lip. Why? Because since Arle is a Puzzle game character, the Bonus character being Lip makes much more sense than Geno or Waluigi or Rex, because Lip is the Main Protagonist of her own Puzzle game series and she will function as Arle's Direct Corporate Rival.

One thing that i personally want is if all these three are confirmed, and if that happens: i can see Arle joining Smash with a Big Surprise: Over 20 Spirits, Over 20 Music tracks from SEGA, Amitie as an Echo Fighter, Bonus character being either Crash Bandicoot or Lip, or even crazier: Both Crash and Lip as a Milesone of Insanity.

And i can see a BIG reveal trailer if ALL these factors are into place. Let's go for it:

First, we see the Smash logo cut. Then, we see Sonic, Joker, and Bayonetta fighting off a lot of Fighters, but after defeating the fighters, the SEGA trio are then Ambushed by Kirby, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi. SOnic, Joker, and Bayonetta ae overwhelmed by the three fighters, and are then nearly defeated, and as Kirby, Dr. Mario, and Yoshi are about to FINISH them, Puyos fall from the Sky and attacking the three Provokers, and Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker wer shocked to see that the newcomer who just saved their lives, is Arle, and the tagline: "Arle Pops into Battle!" is shown. We see Arle attacking many fighters and ending with the Final Smash, but then at the CGI animation after Arle finishes her Final Smash, Arle gets ATTACKED by Link, Marth, and Shulk, and as Arle gets immobilized and looks at the three Swordfighters angrily, AMitie comes in and attacks Marth, Shulk, and Pit, and happily poses with the tagline: "Amitie Bounces along!"

After we see Amitie's moves and Final Smash, Arle and Amitie laugh as they won their first ever Smash fight, and everyone cheers at them, even Sonic, Bayonetta, and Joker, but WAIT! The screen pans to Banjo, Erdrick, and Terry, and then a BIG Hurricane appears and PULLS Banjo, Erdrick, and Terry into it, and the three are Thrown away! Everyone was SHOCKED to see that the Hurricane forms into Crash, and then the tagline is: "Crash crashes the fight!" and then we hear WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH as he fights his way, and after he does his Final Smash, he faces Mario, Sonic, Mega-Man, Pac-Man, and the recovered Banjo-Kazooie, but HOLD IT! They then get ATTACKED by a Whitish-Blue streak, and it's KOS-MOS from Xenosaga! And she then fights Arle and Amitie, and after the Final Smash, She celebrates her victory, only for Arle and Amitie and Crash to AMBUSH her, and everyone else starts fighting again, however....

Colored Panels fall from the Sky, and Everyone except the Newcomer DLC fighters get hurt by them! Arle was furious because Someone crashes the fight AGAIN, and then, Amitie looks up, and was Shocked to see, A SPIRIT! That Spirit is revealed to be Lip, but for the reason that she is a Surprise character: That Spirit glows a Red Aura and Shines Bright, and the Spirit forms into a Trophy which comes to Life, and after the long wait, Lip FINALLY JOINS THE Smash Fight with the tagline: "Lip Blossoms into the FIGHT!" and then, an INTENSE duel between Lip and Arle ensues, and Everyone witnessed that the Nintendo VS SEGA Rivalry still continues. Mario and Sonic then join their respective sides after Lip unleashes her Final Smash. Mario joins Lip, and is accompanied by the Inkling Girl and Link, while Sonic joins Arle, and is accompanied by Joker and Bayonetta, and the Two teams CHARGE at one another, and the screen flashes to White, and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Logo is displayed, and indicates that the series has gotten 4 Franchises majorly represented: Puyo Puyo, Xenosaga, Crash Bandicoot, and Panel de Pon.

If a trailer about Smash Ultimate goes the way i see above, this will be the ONE and ONLY time where 2020 is the Best year of Life.

If this is true, then we get what we want; i get my favourite character whose status i don't care about in Smash; we get a Super Iconic platformer rival for Banjo, Mario, and Sonic; we get a Sexy Woman; and we get a Long Lost fairy girl who was a Spirit now turned Fighter, and it's all a Win-Win for everyone who want said characters above.

I know this is not going to happen, but that's what makes it insane, a reveal trailer that only takes place ONCE and never going to happen again.

After Arle joins Smash, i will move on to another character support for the series onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, there is no way that Marth pic is coincidental, but you guys have to be careful that you won't be set up for Issac part 2. Anyway, I haven't played any of Arle's games, but I am a big Lip fan and Arle would be the closest thing to having her in the game so I am all for it!
Someone literally used the Marth image to interpret Digimon today.

And why would they have used Marth if they wanted to hint at Arle?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It's not impossible that it's a reference to Arle and Carbuncle, but that doesn't mean that Sakurai is teasing her in general.

Just because it's a shout-out doesn't mean it's a tease, though it's possible (hell even likely) that it was just meant to be a humorous contrast between the stoic Smash-Marth and the peppy Isabelle, and not a reference to anything.

Arle is likely for post-pass only, and if she was FP5 it'd be a miracle. Also it'd be a good thing because we're finally out of the leaker era and and another fan rule goes down, but miracles are miracles and not just good things because a miracle isn't a common occurrence.

Like, on a shortlist for post-pass...
  1. Waluigi
  2. Crash Bandicoot
  3. Geno
  4. Doom Slayer
  5. Echo Fighters in general
  6. Travis Touchdown
  7. Arle Nadja
  8. Galarian Pokémon (of that list, the starters are all equal, then Toxtricity, then Grimmsnarl, and I can't think of very more SwSh candidates)
  9. Fódlanese FE Character (of that list, Edelgard beats Byleth by a hair but it's extremely close, Claude and Dimitri are way too far away, and it won't not be a lord)
  10. Akira Howard
I could see any of them fluctuating but Waluigi goes at the top. There's more characters I haven't gone over like Bandana Dee, Ryu Hayabusa, Reimu, Frisk and more but I think these are our top 10 candidates.

On the other hand, for FP5, pretending that Verge is wrong and Joker means nothing, for Arle to have a fighting chance... Arle's probably somewhere in the lower 20's, Hero is really the big reason why she's unlikely. If we factor in Joker she drops to the mid 30's. If we factor in Verge, not in the top 100.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Someone literally used the Marth image to interpret Digimon today.

And why would they have used Marth if they wanted to hint at Arle?
Just an FYI, I don't think the image is a hint that Arle is FP5, it is only a reference which doesn't say anything at all since Sakurai references plenty of things. She has more going for her which these people here who are more knowledgeable than I am about Arle and her series can tell you, but I personally don't care if she is FP5 or not, but she would be cool to have since she is the closest thing to having Lip be a character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But still, i think Arle has a spot in Smash, whether or not she is in the Fighter's Pass. Arle will have things that nobody has, such as how her game's function like Chaining can be translated into Smash via Constantly landing attacks that deals more damage for every quick attacks landed in under a period of time.

While Ridrool64's Post-Pass speculation list is good, i can't see Waluigi happening since it's already Sakurai's decision and nothing will change that, considering that he has a toxic fanbase. and Prior to Reggie's retirement, he wants the DLC to not have Fan-polls to dictate it, and it has to come from franchises new to Smash Bros, and Arle is one of them. If Digimon was for that Marth Reference, i don't care at all since Pokemon will have a rival in Smash, and i would be fine. I am neutral on Doomguy, but i can see the Space Marine only limited to use guns and not explicitly ripping his foes apart, and Doomguy showing actual blood references in his attacks is also NOT for the Good Boys and Girls of All Ages.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
pretending that Verge is wrong
"pretending"

Reminder that Banjo was the only one leaked by an insider, which by the way was on the same week of his announcement
Terry and Hero were leaked by Nintendo themselves
Joker was unknown

None of these insiders will know anything until fairly close to their announcement
Stating 90% of the industry is deconfirmed on gamefaq isn't "leaking", its reaching to any sources in desperate attempt for attention.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"pretending"

Reminder that Banjo was the only one leaked by an insider, which by the way was on the same week of his announcement
Joker was unknown

None of these insiders will know anything until fairly close to their announcement
Stating 90% of the industry is deconfirmed on gamefaq isn't "leaking", its reaching to any sources in desperate attempt for attention.
Accurate on all except one thing; Tansut came the closest to leaking Hero's base character (seeing his prior track record with Cloud), all he needed was confirmation from his source. He never got a reply.

Hero technically got leaked (via codename), but no one knew the actual identity of the base character, mostly thinking it was Erdrick instead of Luminary.

At any rate, people are quick to forget Verge's absymal track record for FighterZ. The guy's sources fail the second a game's DLC starts, it's kind of funny...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I'm at a convention this weekend and they were selling a set of cute Puyo Puyo hats! I nabbed a green one but it was so hard not to buy them all.

MVIMG_20200111_114643~01.jpg

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
"pretending"

Joker was unknown

Umm, Vergeben actually did leak Erdrick/Hero a month or so before the datamine came out.

And based what I have seen some people say, apparently leakers DID know about Terry before the leak, but by the time any could’ve said anything, it was too late.

At any rate, people are quick to forget Verge's absymal track record for FighterZ. The guy's sources fail the second a game's DLC starts, it's kind of funny...
Even though I’ve had doubts in the past, that doesn’t change the fact that he has been on an absolute tear for the entirety of Ultimates lifecycle.

Having a poor Fighterz source does not translate into a source for Smash.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Well, it's better then the Marvel vs Capcom DLC/rebranding that never happened... I was really hoping that would happen...

So I'm at a convention this weekend and they were selling a set of cute Puyo Puyo hats! I nabbed a green one but it was so hard not to buy them all.

View attachment 256801
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That is a fantastic hat.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Umm, Vergeben actually did leak Erdrick/Hero a month or so before the datamine came out.

And based what I have seen some people say, apparently leakers DID know about Terry before the leak, but by the time any could’ve said anything, it was too late.
Tansut knew about Erdrick before anyone else did, verg was only piggybacking since they both shared the same incorrect info of there being a female erdrick. He also went off record saying Minecraft and Granblue was happening lol

The week before Terry verg was pushing for Hayabusa

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Tansut knew about Erdrick before anyone else did, verg was only piggybacking since they both shared the same incorrect info of there being a female erdrick. He also went off record saying Minecraft and Granblue was happening lol

The week before Terry verg was pushing for Hayabusa
I get that you want to paint Vergeben in as bad of a light as possible because Arle is on his kill list, but a majority of what you just said is blatantly false.

1. Erdrick was being heard by Vergeben before Tansut, and was on the Seven Square list that leaked in Nov 2018.

2. That was Hitagi who backed Steve and Katalina.

3. Shifty was the one backing Hayabusa before the SNK leak. All Vergeben said was that he was looking into it.

I know this is an Arle support thread and Vergeben is public enemy number one here atm, but please take the time to actually do a bit of research before making such blatantly false accusations.

Calane

Smash Ace
You know, Verge may have said Arle isn't FP5, but that doesn't rule out another Puyo Puyo character!

2387700-amitie.png - It's Amitie time, my dudes!

In all seriousness, I don't think Arle's gonna be FP5, but I do believe she has a pretty good chance of being a future DLC character. There's hope! And at the end of the day, that's what's important.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I get that you want to paint Vergeben in as bad of a light as possible because Arle is on his kill list, but a majority of what you just said is blatantly false.

1. Erdrick was being heard by Vergeben before Tansut, and was on the Seven Square list that leaked in Nov 2018.

2. That was Hitagi who backed Steve and Katalina.

3. Shifty was the one backing Hayabusa before the SNK leak. All Vergeben said was that he was looking into it.

I know this is an Arle support thread and Vergeben is public enemy number one here atm, but please take the time to actually do a bit of research before making such blatantly false accusations.
He still went on record being certain about his minecraft sources and backed up Hitagi which tells met his sources are faulty and he was never the one who instigated a DLC character leak. Someone else always got ahead him and as far as im concerned he may have been just piggybacking whatever Nintendo or another insider leaked.

D

Deleted member

You know, Verge may have said Arle isn't FP5, but that doesn't rule out another Puyo Puyo character!

View attachment 256835 - It's Amitie time, my dudes!

In all seriousness, I don't think Arle's gonna be FP5, but I do believe she has a pretty good chance of being a future DLC character. There's hope! And at the end of the day, that's what's important.
Of course! Arle's fighter debut in Smash makes sense since she IS the face of Puzzle games as a whole (Since Tetris doesn't have any official in-game character yet)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
He still went on record being certain about his minecraft sources and backed up Hitagi which tells met his sources are faulty and he was never the one who instigated a DLC character leak. Someone else always got ahead him and as far as im concerned he may have been just piggybacking whatever Nintendo or another insider leaked.
Did you even take the time to read my posts?

He was the first one to mention Erdrick in Nov 2018. That was shortly before the Tansut leak and the datamine.

I know that you really want Verge to screw up because Arle is on his hit list, but this crucial detail can’t be ignored

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Did you even take the time to read my posts?

He was the first one to mention Erdrick in Nov 2018. That was shortly before the Tansut leak and the datamine.

I know that you really want Verge to screw up because Arle is on his hit list, but this crucial detail can’t be ignored
So what he gave a list of likely characters hes HEARD and im suppose to believe this guy now?

As a DQ fan I already knew Erdrick with Luminary as an alt was already on its way since DQ was influential enough way before verg. If this is how leaks work now guess i should try it myself.

HEY GUYS MY SOURCES TOLD THESE VERY LIKELY 7 CAPCOM CHARACTERS WILL BE IN SMASH. LET ME LIST A BUNCH OF THEM AND IF I GET ONE OF THEM RIGHT YOU WILL LICK MY BOOTS.

1. Dante
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Amateratsu
5. Arthur
6. Leon
7. Mike Hagger

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
to be fair, guessing the hero is not a hard guess at all :p

still I know verge has legit sources and gets a bunch right, but i really think no leaker knows whats going on atm

D

Deleted member

still I know verge has legit sources and gets a bunch right, but i really think no leaker knows whats going on atm
This has been a looonnnggg dead air in speculation.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

View attachment 256835 - It's Amitie time, my dudes!

God I'd love an Arle/Ringo/Amitie selection. Maybe throw in Dark Arle or Satan or something. No it wouldn't make a lot of sense but dammit I just love Ringo!

And yeah Arle is definitely not fighter 5. If anything the annoying "Daisy theory"/pic of the day theory (which the Phoenix thread has been joking about since day one only for it to literally happen thanks to papagenos) is total bull**** and has the risk of making Arle supporters seem like the next deluded fan group and that....sucks.

Still, I'm hoping she makes it post-pass. Puyo Puyo is back in a big way internationally so it may finally be feasible to look into her on Nintendo's side of things. Plus her other big competition in terms of new Sega series' would be Kiryu (also a very deserving rep). It's interesting.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So what he gave a list of likely characters hes HEARD and im suppose to believe this guy now?

As a DQ fan I already knew Erdrick with Luminary as an alt was already on its way since DQ was influential enough way before verg. If this is how leaks work now guess i should try it myself.

HEY GUYS MY SOURCES TOLD THESE VERY LIKELY 7 CAPCOM CHARACTERS WILL BE IN SMASH. LET ME LIST A BUNCH OF THEM AND IF I GET ONE OF THEM RIGHT YOU WILL LICK MY BOOTS.

1. Dante
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Amateratsu
5. Arthur
6. Leon
7. Mike Hagger
Nice revisionism, but you are conveniently leaving out one crucial detail.

He did hear all of those names, but he ended up hearing a DQ character the most out of all of them.

Here is the Erdrick thread talking about it before the Brace datamine and Tansut.

92D137C3-E22B-418D-9E4B-184F476E0627.png

And if you want me to remove any doubt, here is a PM that Sabi sent me a few weeks earlier.

6463F9A9-B15C-415F-9CA2-84CA1436DF92.png

Notice how Verge says “things are looking in favor of a DQ rep atm”.

We get that you are really desperate for Verge to be wrong, but no amount of plugging your ears and revising what really happened is going to magically change this fact.

^^^ I love how this is always the default stance of every single Verge detractor.

Before Verge started backing DQ, everyone and their mother was backing either Geno or Sora to be the Square rep Vergeben had mentioned.

It really wasn’t an “easy guess” like his detractors would like you to believe.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Nice revisionism, but you are conveniently leaving out one crucial detail.

It really wasn’t an “easy guess” like his detractors would like you to believe.

Sorry dude but uh, I already beat verg to the punch???????

Screenshot_20200112-064333_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20200112-064417_Discord.jpg

I'm the real leaker here.
Verg? He ain't ****.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Sorry dude but uh, I already beat verg to the punch???????

View attachment 256888
View attachment 256889

I'm the real leaker here.
Verg? He ain't ****.
Keep burying your head in the sand, I gave you proof that Verge was the first one to back Hero before Tansut and the datamine, and you are still trying to pull the “EASY GUESS!!!!” card.

And I was talking about the majority of the community. Just because you predicted it, doesn’t mean a majority weren’t running around screaming that Geno and Sora were 100% confirmed.

zferolie

Smash Hero
This has been a looonnnggg dead air in speculation.
Sorry, I let me clarify. I mean RIGHT NOW, no leaker knows whats going on. Even these maybe deconfirms could be wrong too. I think Sakurai is being super protective, even having leak bait saying someone who is FP5 is not FP5.

Top Bottom