• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I never took those videos seriously because it's purely fan speculation. Though I'll admit that 70% is surprisingly generous.
Yeah, the RTC videos are mostly for fun and any sort of percentages are extremely arbitrary ESPECIALLY because we know so little about what Smash Switch is.

I should also point out that the percent is totally up to the staff member that made the video, so Nantenjex's number doesn't really refelct what Source Gaming as a whole thinks.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess I should maybe mention my perspective on the odds, despite being subjective.

For the third parties, we know that third parties are purposely restricted. The tl;dr version is that not any of them can just get included, they need to have some significant following. The only exception that we know of is ironically with the first third party Snake, which was a personal request.

When it comes to Arle Nadja specifically, this is probably the biggest weakness. In Japan this is far more reasonable due to Puyo Puyo being one of those rare breed of franchises that is popular enough to have spawned a genre of video games. Heck it was popular enough to have televised tournaments and documentaries about the players, effectively being esports long before it became popular. But outside of Japan that's not the case, with Puyo Puyo being received more coldly. Puyo Puyo Tetris may of sold well, but the Puyo Puyo aspect is infamously seen as weaker than Tetris, so people aren't willing to try it anyway. Honestly I blame it all on Compile and SEGA for not bothering to properly introduce the series and it basically biting them in the ass.

This is why I don't expect the character at all due to the polarizing reception Puyo Puyo has depending on the region. Though I still support the character because I feel like it would immensely help with this problem all the same, and I feel like Arle has enough going on with her own merits that it would be a natural fit. I would go as far and say Arle is a top 5 character choice for me this time around.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
To be fair I think as a SEGA character Arle has incentive, it’s just up to Sakurai if he wants to add a third one

D

Deleted member

FlareHabanero FlareHabanero When it comes to significant followings (as in fan demand if I understand you correctly), not quite. Pac-Man was getting in regardless of the fans, what almost stopped him was Sakurai’s insistence he must have the classic design.

So Arle Nadja doesn’t need lots of support, she needs more prominence. Hopefully Puyo Puyo Tetris is the first step towards Sega making Puyo Puyo a major brand outside Japan but I am not optimistic.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
To be fair, Arle is less of a Sega character than she is an adopted family member, since she was made by a different company altogether. So I think it'd be kind of like Bayonetta in that regard - she just so happens to be a Sega property, but she's not exactly someone who'd represent Sega itself like Sonic or other Sega characters would.

I think most of Arle's chances are tied to how important Puyo Puyo (or Madou Monogatari) is in the history of games, and that's pretty hard to gauge when its ripples all seem to be stuck at home. Since Sakurai both lives in the same place and makes games for a living, having even collaborated on a puzzle game once with Lumines-man Tetsuya Mizuguchi, it's likely that he knows more about Puyo's impact on the industry than westerners who hadn't heard of the franchise. That's what I hope is at least a positive judgement, if Arle's ever going to get a shot at this.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Wanted to post this because it's pretty cute.

FlareHabanero FlareHabanero When it comes to significant followings (as in fan demand if I understand you correctly), not quite. Pac-Man was getting in regardless of the fans, what almost stopped him was Sakurai’s insistence he must have the classic design.

So Arle Nadja doesn’t need lots of support, she needs more prominence. Hopefully Puyo Puyo Tetris is the first step towards Sega making Puyo Puyo a major brand outside Japan but I am not optimistic.
Puyo Puyo should of been prominent a very long time ago. But I guess the industry at the time wasn't accepting of the aesthetics Puyo Puyo has. Though it's also possible that it was tested by Compile/SEGA themselves with the soft launch of the English arcade game, and for whatever reason it tanked. That obscure English version combined with the existence of Puzlow Kids suggested that there were plans to keep the aesthetics, but for whatever reason backed out.

Makes me question if the situation would of been different if Puyo Puyo had normal releases like originally planned. But for now the series is gonna have to make up for years of missed opportunities. If for whatever reason Puyo Puyo is valued above other possible third parties, I'd be enthusiastic. But I'm also realistic too.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not that this means anything huge but apparently Sakurai and Kamiya pressured Sega into bringing the M2 Sega Ages efforts on console

I think it just speaks for sega characters in general that Sakurai seemed interested in pushing this

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201804/16155444.html?page=2
M2 is fantastic when it comes to their ports. Not only do they give you the game like expected, but they also throw in additional content to make the games fresh again. In rare cases even new games, like Fantasy Zone II W. Honestly if you're a big fan of SEGA games, M2 handling the ports is always a highlight.

I even personally collect these titles myself.

Kamiya being a SEGA enthusiast doesn't surprise me since he has expressed his love for the arcade games like Space Harrier, After Burner, and OutRun. That's why they're referenced in Bayonetta in particular. In fact if I remember right it was Space Harrier that got him fascinated with video games to begin with.

Even Ken Sugimori is a big SEGA fan, as he openly expresses his collection of SEGA merchandise and has collaborated with SEGA to make the artwork for SEGA 3D Archives. Plus has worked on past games with SEGA like Pulseman.

Sakurai being an enthusiast however I honestly did not know about. I know about him being a fan of video games in general, going out of the way to casually mention games he's played recently in his interviews and such, but I wouldn't of expected him to push for the SEGA Ages brand on consoles. But I can't blame him for it, they're quality ports.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully a Puyo game ends up on that collection! I haven't played many of Sega's classic games, so maybe I should pick this up when it comes out and give it a whirl. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Likely Puyo Puyo Tsu. The arcade version again. They love to port that game in particular over the original mainly because the first arcade game is outdated.

SEGA seems to prioritize the versions they've published themselves. I speculate it's because of possible copyright issues with other versions, which were handled by other publishers, that prevents other versions from being release. Though it's also possible that some versions were skipped over due to the voice actors being contracted. Which likely explains why the 2nd rerelease of Puyo Puyo SUN Ketteiban had voice actor changes and why Puyo Puyo Tsu Perfect Set has an entirely different cast of voice actors despite being a souped up Puyo Puyo Tsu Ketteiban.

It's hurts in the case of Puyo Puyo Tsu since a lot of the later versions added more content.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to announce that this thread has a new owner.

ME.

To clarify, the original owner of the thread smashkirby smashkirby allowed me to take over the thread. His life has been busy due to school being a priority, and I volunteered to take the helm for now. I purposely asked for this role because I feel like I can do the character justice due to my experiences with the Puyo Puyo and Madou Monogatari series.

My first goal is to revamp the original post to provide more context. This includes more history on the character herself, the games, and other miscellaneous information. Then I want to compile (ha) ideas of how Arle can work, along with possible arguments and counter arguments. But all of this will take time, I have other tasks to take care of too. Like for example I still need to finish the last video for the Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary sub project.

If the thread slows down, I'll occasionally pop in to possibly generate a new topic. But for now, I'm just foreshadowing future developments.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Currently updating the original post. Let me clarify that the original post is a work in process, so the amount of missing information is intentional as they're placeholders. If there's any criticisms about the post otherwise, please feel free to speak up.

So any, to possibly generate a new topic, let's talk about possible music.

There are quite a number of tracks for the Puyo Puyo series, for example there's the iconic Theme of Puyo Puyo along with the Area A song from Puyo Puyo Tsu. But there are a number of directions I could see Super Smash Bros. going with in regards to the music.

The limited route, mainly referencing the tracks from Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsu.
  • Theme of Puyo Puyo (Been a Long Time Since We Crossed Paths Over SpaceTime!)
  • Theme of Puyo Puyo (Original)
  • Morning of Puyo Puyo
  • Sticker of Puyo Puyo
  • Final of Puyo Puyo
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area A (Everyone fight Puyo Puyo until morning!)
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area A (Original)
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area C (Darkness of Puyo Puyo)
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area D (Last of Puyo Puyo Tsu)
The more broad approach
  • Puyo Puyo Sun Normal Course
  • Puyo Puyo~n It's Showtime!
  • Puyo Puyo Fever Taisen 2
  • Puyo Puyo Fever 2 Taisen 5 (Strange Klug)
  • Rulue's Theme (Combat Queen Rulue)
  • Schezo's Theme (The Gorgeous Man Who Defiles The God)
  • Challenge GO! (Puyo Puyo Tetris)
  • Minna Minna Daisuki (Puyo Puyo Chronicle)
Then there's the general SEGA approach, referencing games like Columns, SEGA's Tetris from 1988, Flash Point, maybe even referencing stuff like Sakura Wars.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Congrats on being thew new OP owner Flare. For placeholders, the arguments hold pretty well and the accompanying thumbnails are just as good. Glad that Carbunkle is acknowledged since well, he is Arle's closest ally since the RPG days.

Currently updating the original post. Let me clarify that the original post is a work in process, so the amount of missing information is intentional as they're placeholders. If there's any criticisms about the post otherwise, please feel free to speak up.

So any, to possibly generate a new topic, let's talk about possible music.

There are quite a number of tracks for the Puyo Puyo series, for example there's the iconic Theme of Puyo Puyo along with the Area A song from Puyo Puyo Tsu. But there are a number of directions I could see Super Smash Bros. going with in regards to the music.

The limited route, mainly referencing the tracks from Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsu.
  • Theme of Puyo Puyo (Original)
  • Morning of Puyo Puyo
  • Sticker of Puyo Puyo
  • Final of Puyo Puyo
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area A (Original)
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area C (Darkness of Puyo Puyo)
  • Puyo Puyo Tsu Area D (Last of Puyo Puyo Tsu)
The more broad approach

• Puyo Puyo Sun Normal Course
  • Puyo Puyo~n It's Showtime!
  • Puyo Puyo Fever Taisen 2
  • Puyo Puyo Fever 2 Taisen 5 (Strange Klug)
  • Rulue's Theme (Combat Queen Rulue)
  • Schezo's Theme (The Gorgeous Man Who Defiles The God)
  • Challenge GO! (Puyo Puyo Tetris)
  • Minna Minna Daisuki (Puyo Puyo Chronicle)
Then there's the general SEGA approach, referencing games like Columns, SEGA's Tetris from 1988, Flash Point, maybe even referencing stuff like Sakura Wars.

These are both a possible expectation for Puyo Puyo music. Sega and Sakurai would likely reference Arle's biggest games that made her more famous like the first three titles.

Other songs from spinoffs and the modern entries are in that state that they represent more of Arle's less than noticeable appearances and games where she is hardly the main character (except Tetris at least gives her as much focus as Amitie and Ringo). Though the would still be welcome tracks nonetheless to remind people just how big her franchise is.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's important to reference Cabuncle because he is very attached to Arle. In fact they're so attached some games have both her and Carbuncle considered as the same character, such as Puyo Puyo Fever 2, Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Anyway, for the music, I can see them going with the former option of sticking with the older games if for example they want to make a stage based on Satan's Tower from Puyo Puyo Tsu.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not that it is related to chances or whatnot, but I always thought it was weird how much more open SEGA is when it comes to crossovers and cross references.

Puyo Puyo has had crossovers with Sonic, Yakuza, Vocaloid, Sakura Wars. Including several anime like Detective Conan/Case Closed, Osomatus-san, My Melody, and Bleach. It's even promoted in SEGA's other mobile games. I mention all this because the Puyo Puyo series used to be unusually restricted in what can and can't reference it. SEGA had no problem referencing pretty much everything else, so clearly it was a bias thing. Possibly due to the nature of Puyo Puyo being Japan exclusive and the franchise catering to females likely turned off SEGA from referencing it often. This is pretty apparent since Puyo Puyo wasn't dormant like a lot of SEGA's IPs were.

I do question if for similar reasons there was a quick negotiation of possibly referencing Puyo Puyo in the up coming Smash game. Considering that likely there was negotiations to get Sonic and Bayonetta back, it's a very real possibility that the development team talked to SEGA to some extent about possible new content. It's not that weird once you consider the fact that Super Smash Bros. did go out of the way to reference Virtua Fighter with the two Mii costumes based on Akira and Jacky.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Not that it is related to chances or whatnot, but I always thought it was weird how much more open SEGA is when it comes to crossovers and cross references.

Puyo Puyo has had crossovers with Sonic, Yakuza, Vocaloid, Sakura Wars. Including several anime like Detective Conan/Case Closed, Osomatus-san, My Melody, and Bleach. It's even promoted in SEGA's other mobile games. I mention all this because the Puyo Puyo series used to be unusually restricted in what can and can't reference it. SEGA had no problem referencing pretty much everything else, so clearly it was a bias thing. Possibly due to the nature of Puyo Puyo being Japan exclusive and the franchise catering to females likely turned off SEGA from referencing it often. This is pretty apparent since Puyo Puyo wasn't dormant like a lot of SEGA's IPs were.

I do question if for similar reasons there was a quick negotiation of possibly referencing Puyo Puyo in the up coming Smash game. Considering that likely there was negotiations to get Sonic and Bayonetta back, it's a very real possibility that the development team talked to SEGA to some extent about possible new content. It's not that weird once you consider the fact that Super Smash Bros. did go out of the way to reference Virtua Fighter with the two Mii costumes based on Akira and Jacky.
This was something that always kind of bugged me. I know Puyo Puyo isn't as huge as Sonic, but the fact that it's an on-going series, it always sort of rubbed me the wrong way that the Puyos themselves (and Carbuncle, on the rare special occasion) were the ONLY things to appear OUTSIDE of the Puyo games themselves.

Personally, I always attributed it to how Puyo Puyo is sort of like SEGA's "adopted child that they don't bother too much with and would rather it stand on its own legs", and Sonic is SEGA's "biological son who's more likely to get preferential treatment".

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I would expect it! At this point, it's pretty clear that Sega is ready and willing to work with Nintendo and Smash. It's the same reason why I think other popular Sega-owned characters like Persona 5's protagonist have a good chance. With two characters, stages, assist trophies, and etc., I can see more stuff on the way for Smash 5.

It's also worth remembering that Arle scored 16th in the Japanese Source Gaming poll, and while the same may not be true for the real Ballot, she likely scored high if she's 16th in something smaller. With Sega willing to add their characters to the game, and Arle scoring so high on the Japanese Ballot, it wouldn't be surprising if she was brought up!

Last edited:

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Arle way more likely because shes relevant than Lip but Lip does have a chance.

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Another Arle supporter and Puyo fan right here, easily one of my most wanted newcomers, especially with the series' return to the west making her inclusion less of a pipedream.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Arle way more likely because shes relevant than Lip but Lip does have a chance.
Personally, I'd love for BOTH of them to be added, but I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai won't be all that generous.

I would expect it! At this point, it's pretty clear that Sega is ready and willing to work with Nintendo and Smash. It's the same reason why I think other popular Sega-owned characters like Persona 5's protagonist have a good chance. With two characters, stages, assist trophies, and etc., I can see more stuff on the way for Smash 5.

It's also worth remembering that Arle scored 16th in the Japanese Source Gaming poll, and while the same may not be true for the real Ballot, she likely scored high if she's 16th in something smaller. With Sega willing to add their characters to the game, and Arle scoring so high on the Japanese Ballot, it wouldn't be surprising if she was brought up!
What's worrisome is that the Smash Ballot occurred 2 YEARS before Puyo Tetris' English version was even a thing. You can see why I'm a bit on the fence about it then. I voted for her and Carbuncle to be added to Smash, but I'll probably never know if it mattered.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd love for BOTH of them to be added, but I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai won't be all that generous.

What's worrisome is that the Smash Ballot occurred 2 YEARS before Puyo Tetris' English version was even a thing. You can see why I'm a bit on the fence about it then. I voted for her and Carbuncle to be added to Smash, but I'll probably never know if it mattered.
Yeah I'll love that idea if we get Lip and Arle but it Sakurai we're talking about life is not fair.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
While this is true, she still seems to have scored really well in Japan. Even if she doesn't get in, I'd be surprised if she wasn't at least brought up in discussion!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remember, if she doesn't make it in the base game. She still has a chance at DLC.

That would depend if she's not overshadowed by other Sega characters or a new Sonic character. Or even an Atlus character since they are owned by Sega.

Last edited:

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
With rising Western recognition of Arle, her relative obscurity here becomes much less of an issue. I do think much of this hinges on how big Puyo Puyo is in Japan, big enough that Sakurai wouldn't turn away from the chance of representing it in Smash.

Having both Arle and Lip in the roster might be awkward, since Panel de Pon was born from the very wave of competitive block-puzzle games that Puyo Puyo started.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So... anybody got any ideas of how her reveal trailer would go?
I'd imagine it being a combination of referencing the introduction of Puyo Puyo 7 and the introduction to Puyo Puyo Tsu.

Imagine a battle happening, typical clash of fists and such in an arena. Suddenly, the sky creates a mysterious portal swirling above the arena. Objects start dropping from the sky like meteors, sending the rest of the cast into a frenzy desperately trying to run from the chaos. At one point one of the characters trips, with one of the "meteors" barely missing them. The field is thick with a dust, as the camera focuses on the characters starting to gather together. Then the camera moves away, as the dust settles and it's revealed what was causing the chaos.

Puyos, littered all over the field looking just as confused as the characters are. A brief pause happens to let everything sink in.
"Here I go!" a voice cries out in the distance. Suddenly, a dynamic shot of a Puyo turning it's attention the other way. Then more dynamic shots of silhouettes briefly flashing two figures of Carbuncle and Arle. All referencing the beginning of Puyo Puyo Tsu.

Arle and Carbuncle fall from the sky, really enthusiastic to join the fight. Arle starts popping Puyos in classic Puyo Puyo fashion. She shouts out the classic chain spells, Fire, Ice Storm, Brain Dumbed, Jugem, and Bayoen, attacking different characters while doing so. With Bayoen ending on the character's tag, such as "Arle & Carbuncle Pop In!". Then the typical gameplay reel happens highlighting how she plays out in the game itself.

The ending involves her casually celebrating the occasion with Carbuncle, eating curry while sitting on top of everyone else that is buried under Nuisance Puyo.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Were the Madou Monogatari games particularly big or influential during their time? As in, are they by themselves worth remebering/recognizing in a game like Smash? From what I've read, they don't seem too successful or popular by themselves, especially when standing next to Puyo Puyo.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Were the Madou Monogatari games particularly big or influential during their time? As in, are they by themselves worth remebering/recognizing in a game like Smash? From what I've read, they don't seem too successful or popular by themselves, especially when standing next to Puyo Puyo.
That seems to be the case from what I've read too, though there hasn't been an entry in the series since 2005, and I think that was a remake of the first game. At this point, Arle is definitely more known for her appearances in Puyo, though the Madou Monogatari games would likely receive at least a reference if she got in.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Were the Madou Monogatari games particularly big or influential during their time? As in, are they by themselves worth remembering/recognizing in a game like Smash? From what I've read, they don't seem too successful or popular by themselves, especially when standing next to Puyo Puyo.
That seems to be the case from what I've read too, though there hasn't been an entry in the series since 2005, and I think that was a remake of the first game. At this point, Arle is definitely more known for her appearances in Puyo, though the Madou Monogatari games would likely receive at least a reference if she got in.
If anything, I'd say the original Madou trilogy (Madou 1-2-3), Madou ARS (The Madou game that revealed things like how Arle was NOT born with magic and got her power via fairies, where Rulue's love for Satan stemmed from, and how Schezo got his powers), and Tower of Magician (Schezo's solo game where Witch was his sort-of "sidekick") are considered the "quintessential" Madou games.

Like FamicomDisk FamicomDisk has said, Arle will (more likely than not) get a couple of nods here and there to those games.

BTW, guys. I know that since she's a 3rd party character, Arle won't particularly get preferential treatment, but what would you all say to Doppelganger Arle being her alt. skin like how Captain Olimar has Alph?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
BTW, guys. I know that since she's a 3rd party character, Arle won't particularly get preferential treatment, but what would you all say to Doppelganger Arle being her alt. skin like how Captain Olimar has Alph?
Doppelganger Arle is this, right? I don't think they'd make the name change, but I wouldn't be surprised if one costume was based on this - red colors instead of blue, darker hair, and whatever else.

Also, if you want to go vote for your thoughts on Arle in the Rate that Character game that Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan mentioned, here's the link!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Doppelganger Arle is this, right? I don't think they'd make the name change, but I wouldn't be surprised if one costume was based on this - red colors instead of blue, darker hair, and whatever else.
Yep, that's her. I can't say I blame you. Honestly, I can see that happening myself.

Also, if you want to go vote for your thoughts on Arle in the Rate that Character game that Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan mentioned, here's the link!
Already voted!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Man, did not expect Arle to gain this much traction.

I support, Puyo Pop Fever is hella fun.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But, I am planning on getting Puyo Puyo Tetris when I get the Switch. Definitely add me to the supporters.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sorry I have not been posting here, but I've been busy with the final translation video. Here's a link to it if you're curious. /shamlessplug

Anyway, a goal of mine for the Puyo Puyo series is to promote it by providing context. There's a lot of misinformation and lost information about the series that I want to provide information so people have a better understanding of what it's about. I'm not the only one that is doing this, the original owner smashkirby smashkirby also has a similar mentality. If you have any questions whatsoever about the series, don't be afraid to ask.

That Rate Their Chances thread with Arle in particular only highlights my point. You can easily point out from the people that no idea what the series is and automatically dismiss it as some obscure trash. I personally gave her a 50% chance because of how third parties work, it's either they happen or they don't. But I feel like people are completely ignoring key points in the character's favor. Also, I want to point out that Lip likely wouldn't even exist without the success of Puyo Puyo influencing Panel de Pon (even though I ideally want both). Also having a "Tetris rep" is ludicrous considering there's a very inconsistent cast and the tetriminos are inanimate objects that can't perform basic attacks.

But if you want my honest opinion, it's kind of pointless to push for any character, including Arle in this case, because the roster has been decided a long time ago. But for possible Super Smash Bros. games in the future I feel like it's important to push for the character anyway so next time around there's a stronger understanding of what direction to go in.

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
But if you want my honest opinion, it's kind of pointless to push for any character, including Arle in this case, because the roster has been decided a long time ago. But for possible Super Smash Bros. games in the future I feel like it's important to push for the character anyway so next time around there's a stronger understanding of what direction to go in.
There might be another ballot, though! Smash 5 is coming out very early in the Switch's life, so maybe they'll have a longer line of DLC for years to come. Drumming up support can only help if a ballot comes along! :)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I have to say I never thought Arle would get this support. I remember way back in 2010 constantly hoping she'd appear in Sega All Stars and even requesting the Head Dev on the Sega Forums to put her in the next game. That never happened sadly since Sega at the time didnt care about westerners thoughts on Puyo Puyo games or Japanese sega Ip's in general (Really no Phantasy Star rep but Danica Patrick?).

Her being in Smash would be hilarious irony

Top Bottom