• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
If you are a smasher in arkansas and wanna get known. Just give you name, age, location and mains. I have played others in akansas and know of some but there are always new smashers to meet. I guess I will go first...

ACE
little rock, ar
marth

Edit by PrinceZane: The new finder is: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2209273#post2209273

This thread is now just for chatting. Have fun. :)

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
he did that becuz he is my crew and he likes losing at smash alot

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Chris Hodge AKA TheSaberGuy
Walnut Ridge, AR/ Jonesboro, AR.
My mains are currently: Fox, Falco, Capt. Falcon.

Sup guys, haven't been posting for awhile on here but I have been training a bit over the summer. I will probably make it to the next INNsomnia too. I've found a couple of others who play in the Jonesboro area and I am currently working with them to make them better at the game so maybe Arkansas will have some good smashers to compete with.

ssbm addict 07

Smash Rookie
Steven
Van Buren, AR

There are a decent number of people in my crew from Ft. Smith and Eastern OK. We also play some people from Feyetteville. We would love to have some competition on a semi-regular basis. I play as all the characters, but main as fox. It would be cool to organize a small smashfest or something with atleast those who live as close as Little Rock. IM me at SSBM Addict 07 if you want to play.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
I think organizing a small smashfest including all those from arkansas is a great idea. Does anyone else think so? Saberguy, u can bring ur crew,ssbm addict 07, u can bring urs and anyone in arkansas is also invited. I can have it at my apartment and I know my crew will be here and there are also others in the nearby area that would probably come too. If anybody wants to arrange a small smashfest get back to me. It can be on the 22nd of july( the weekend before INN IV) here in jacksonville ar. at my two story apartment. we can also have a mini tourney if anyone wants too... Great practice for the INN!!!!!!!

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
That sounds cool. If anyone is near the Jonesboro area, I usually go up to Galaxy to play Smash almost everyday that I am not working ((Which will be the 2nd-4th currently.)) If anyone wants to come up there and play that would be cool. The store opens at about 10 A.M. and I usually get there at about 11 or 12.

If you can please bring your own controller cause I only have 2.
The address is 1208 S Caraway Rd, Jonesboro, AR ((That is ACTUALLY the address to Pizza Inn, but Galaxy is right behind it and is impossible to miss.))

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
BRAWL code list for AR Smashers

Ok these are the codes assigned by brawl. You get it when you connect to wi fi.

Saberguy
2234 - 6800 - 8433​

LVL9
4468 - 0646 - 8803​

ACE
2578 - 2797 - 2864​

AR SAM (Execute)
0516 - 6935 - 3345​

BlueBlur
4682 - 8124 - 2270​

Chamberlin
3780 - 8705 - 7315​

Seif
1246 - 8375 - 9792​

Iori
4596 - 9154 - 5961​

VTS
4768 - 7126 - 6135​

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
We need to get a practice going sometime this week before the bi-weekly. Anyone doing anything tomorrow? (Wednesday.) I could drive up to Searcy/L.R for some Smash cause I ain't doing anything, I would like to leave early though so we have plenty of time for Smash. Chamber, TTT, Yohn, Lvl9 - Get back to me on this ASAP.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
We can smash on wed. but I don't get off work until 530pm. chamber will probably come becuz he was also here today for training. I will also ask LVL9 but can u ask TTT and maybe u could carpool down here to my place.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, I think I might be able to come down on Friday and crash at your place for INN4 on Saturday Yohn, but right now it's not completely certain.

Froboy if you want you should come down to Little Rock as well and smash with me and TLRC (The Little Rock Crew. We should consider making a banner for that lol.) on Friday, I'll probably leave at about 1 o clock or something maybe sooner if I can get up early enough lol.

How many people from Arkansas are going? I know me, chamber, lvl9, Yohn, Froboy is going. We should all get together and carpool to Memphis on Saturday and smash all day Friday beforehand so we could get in some good practice, I may try to bring my friend who plays up there as well so he can get some practice if he wants to go.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Chamber you newb lol.

Oh, I don't think I will be able to make it on Friday because my friend who was going to take me down there says he has to work...I will try to find a ride down there but right now it looks like I won't be able to go. :(

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well, for more than half the year I'm an Arkansas smasher, so I guess I'll post here.
Name: Jack
Favorite Character: Samus

lilmike63

Smash Rookie
Name: Mike

I was at INN 4 but I didnt get a chance to play IHSB, but he's played my cuz SB4020.....and I had to leave b4 they started singles :( but I got A LOT of friendlies so i wasnt too mad

Madman200

Smash Rookie
Name is Gunner
15 Years in this world
Swifton, AR
More specific, 104 Cross St., in Jackson County, 30 minutes from Jonesboro.

Primary characters are usually Pikachu and Mr. Game & Watch, but I can use at least 8 of the characters to some rate.
And, I never fought anyone besides my non-Nintendo friend and my 8-year cousin on the game, so I have minimal experience vs. other players.

If anyone can tell me a good local tournament to fight at, please do.
Or you can just come here, whatever knocks your boat over.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
@Madman200 - A good tournament to go to would be INNsomnia this Saturday in West Memphis, there is usually 15+ people that go there every bi-weekly and it is really fun and probably the closest tournament to go to. I usually make it every bi-weekly and was at the last INNsomnia which was really fun.

Black Luigi

Smash Journeyman
Nice. Seems like I'm going to enjoy smashing in Arkansas (not as much as Chicago of course), but there seem to be some be some older people and not just pimply face 14 year olds.

Name: The Blackstar (I'm having it changed)
Characters: Marth, Falco, Luigi. (Some Cap. Falcon)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Nice. Seems like I'm going to enjoy smashing in Arkansas (not as much as Chicago of course), but there seem to be some be some older people and not just pimply face 14 year olds.

Name: The Blackstar (I'm having it changed)
Characters: Marth, Falco, Luigi. (Some Cap. Falcon)
Hey,

I'm one of the few in Little Rock that are any decent at Smash. We gotta smash some time! Where in Little rock are you going to live? Also, how good are you?

A small group of people that were pretty good just left Little Rock for various reasons, so I'm dying to play someone good.

L

longhorn_smasher

I don't live in AR anymore, but I have played in some underground tournaments there. Once in awhile I run into two realy good players. I thought I was pretty good but I played a sheik user called 8Bit and got owned. Never KOed him at all. I've seen him use Falco too, not as good as his sheik but still awesome. There was also a guy named Desperado, 8Bit's partner in 2v2, who uses a good Marth and loves to counter. They almost always play each other in finals. Those guys are awesome, and if you've played them you know who I'm talking about

Name: John
Characters: Fox, Marth
Texas A&M (formerly of Texarkana, AR)
texassmasher2005@yahoo.com

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
Ah, I know them well. Crew of four guys fom some little town in the river valley. 8Bit uses Sheik, Falco, Marth, and Roy. I've seen him use Ness before. Desperado uses Marth, Luigi, and Yoshi. BIGt uses Link. NightHawk uses Falco and CapFal. You're right longhorn, they're really good, especially 8Bit and Desperado, but I don't know they're real names either. Anyway, I'm from AR too. I'm really good too, won a lotta undergrounds (only beat 8Bit once though) I use Fox and Falco, but I have some trouble with their infinites, so sometimes I use Marth. We need a good tournament in the river valley so I can start competing again. I dare ya to take me on.

Mike D.
Fox Falco Marth
Ft. Smith, AR

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Oh snaps, looks like Arkansas is heating up a bit in the competition. You guys gotta come to Memphis on Saturday to the bi-weekly and we can have some friendlies n stuff.

Me, Chamberlin, TTT, lvl 9 and Yohnyaul used to play a lot but now it seems like TTT and Yohn (Don't know about lvl9.) are moving so its pretty much me and Chamber that represent Arkansas whenever we go to Memphis. We need more peeps to go to the bi-weeklies especially better smashers from Arkansas so it's not just all Tennessee peeps lol.

I haven't played with others in awhile so I'm probably a bit out of practice, though I will do some 5$ MM's with you guys at the bi-weekly if you come if you want.

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
I am not moving just going to the desert in Iraq for a while......

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Iraq = moving a long ways away in my book lol.

Chamber, we should practice sometime this week like Friday or Saturday before the bi-weekly.

L

longhorn_smasher

Has anyone heard about the awesome smashers 8Bit and Desperado? They kicked my a#@ in the undergrounds and are well worth mentioning. If you want to play the best in AR they're the guys to go after. I'm not to shabby myself either, but I go to college in Texas, so I'll only be here for like 2 more weeks.

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
I remember that I played 8Bit once while staying in a hotel for the state basketball tournament. I'm pretty sure he was from a town called Scranton, cause they usually went to State with us, not sure though. He's a big tall guy, but I still can't remember his name cause its been like two years since then. Trust me though, longhorn is right, he is crazy good, probably good enough to compete at the professional level. Hard to get any exposure when you live in a little town like that though.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Sabre- I probobly would practice, but I don't think I can go to this next bi-weekly. I gotta help my sister move her house that night which involves staying over at her new place(I think). I've been playing with a bunch of people from Sherwood(a little south of Jacksonville). They're not great, but there better than computers. You should come play with us sometime. If we were on a team there would be much ownage. I'm totally going to the next bi-weekly after this one. So I'll see you there if not sooner.

Yaun- Iraq doesn't sound very fun... But we'll be waitin' for you to get back.

LonghornSmasher- Are around the Little Rock area? If so, hit me up for some Smash.

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
Looking for smash players at Arkansas Tech or in the Russelville area. 8Bit and Desperado, two of NW Arkansas's most talented players, already in attendance, staying in Massie Hall.
Plans for a new crew are in the works. For more info e-mail me at melee_mike@yahoo.com

p.s. 8Bit and Desperado have been unable to connect to smashboards.com for technical reasons. Here are their profiles:

Name: Josh R.
Handle: 8Bit
Primary Characters: Sheik, Falco, Roy, Marth, Peach
Town: Scranton, AR
E-mail: jr_8bit@yahoo.com

Name: Lee C.
Handle: Desperado
Primary Characters: Marth, Luigi, Yoshi
Town: Scranton, AR
E-mail:

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Sounds cool about the crew thing, we need to get together to make an Arkansas crew. You guys need to come to the bi-weeklies cause I don't think I have seen any of you guys yet.

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
8Bit and Desperado are pretty obscure and they haven't really been to any terribley large tourneys, but they're underground legends. They used to head up a small unofficial crew in their hometown, but they were pretty short on real talent; it was basically them and Despy's younger brother Tom, aka BigT (Link and Dr. Mario). Since 8Bit and Despy are starting college, they're hoping to broaden their horizons and start a larger crew with more competition, but they haven't found anyone other than myself to help start it. They're as ambitious as they are talented, so this crew is bound to become something big, and I'm happy to be a part of it. Again, you can contact me at melee_mike@yahoo.com or 8Bit at jr_8bit@yahoo.com

Kingdom

Smash Rookie
We haven't been able to find anyone else around AR Tech that plays smash. It's really depressing. We'll try to make it to INNsomnia, but right now we don't really have a ride.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Desperado and I will try and make it to the biweeklies. We weren't going to be able to, but since they've been postponed there's a good chance we'll be there. We're also working on getting some videos of us up so you can see our "legendary" performances in action. By the way, Mike was pushing it a little on my mains; right now Sheik is far and away my best, but I'm also pretty good with Roy and Falco. I just dabble in Peach and Ness. I've been looking into INNsomnia a little and watching matches of Darkrain, Mike G., and MookieRah. I hope that isn't your absolute best, or your gonna get hurt. See you there.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I just dabble in Peach and Ness. I've been looking into INNsomnia a little and watching matches of Darkrain, Mike G., and MookieRah. I hope that isn't your absolute best, or your gonna get hurt. See you there.
Is this smacktalk I hear??? I can't wait to play you guys sos you two can feel the shame. :cool:

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
HaHAHAHAHAHAHAH Thats so funny. I guess ill pick up my controller and blow the dust off. I love when ppl talk smack. Well Chamber, Saber :) whenever you want to show these guys what smash is really about just give me a call and we will drive to wherever they are, and "put feet in mouths"

Top Bottom