• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
this game doesn't actually have any good characters
:glare: I sure you didn't notice him, but mario is a fairly basic and nomral character. Knowing this would put him right around okay/good

Moves to be good
A reflector
A strong f smash with range
Alternate combos
Average recovery

Compare to Dk
no reflector
never usable fsmash regardless of range :awesome:
notebook combos
nimble recovery <.<

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I mean, the top tier mains all insist their character is overrated. none of them can agree on anything except fox being best - and then the foxes bring consistency johns, even matchups, and falco to bear. everyone else has legit character johns for not being top tier, but it's still circumstantial. what a good character is changes so much depending on the context.

also player ability>>>character choice. this ain't mahvel

chamberlin

Smash Ace
I mean, the top tier mains all insist their character is overrated. none of them can agree on anything except fox being best - and then the foxes bring consistency johns, even matchups, and falco to bear. everyone else has legit character johns for not being top tier, but it's still circumstantial. what a good character is changes so much depending on the context.

also player ability>>>character choice. this ain't mahvel
I have no johns about playing Fox. I loves him <3

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Yo, letting y'all know that ARK 3 has been pushed back to April 2nd (preliminary date) since one of our boys ended up being dumb and scheduled his wedding for the same date as our tourney. Sorry for the inconvenience.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I just had a flashback to the epic PikaChad vs Chaddd battles back during Wes' tournament series. Good times.
If by good times you mean the most boring and drawn out set I've ever played in my entire smash career, then yes.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Arrrrby... Have you watched the new Sumabato 11 vids with Machdash in them? The Japanese vids have been slowly getting better over time, and pretty much all his matches are ballin'.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, those came out over a month ago. machdash is a hero. here, in a previous sumabato losers semis or finals match, he taunts while his opponent recovers back to the stage.

six inches!

chamberlin

Smash Ace
He's won the past three tournaments he's been in, but a ton of his sets are really close. His playstyle + close matches = entertainment. And yes, he seems to let people back on the stage a lot (on purpose), especially if he's a couple of stock ahead.

Kokutou has some simple yet effective Shiek strats I liked (a man after my own heart), and Tani's FD strats were also pretty good. I watched all the matches from that tourny last night, and really enjoyed them. The **** use so many old strats :)

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
watching one of their tournaments inspires me to ban FD for the rest of my life

the DGDTJ GF was good. entertaining fox dittos are... entertaining?!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, haven't made an official Smashboards thread yet (probably gonna do that within the next few days), but here's the facebook page for our ARK III tourney on April 2nd, 2011: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/event.php?eid=190347204309170

AT ARK II, first three places went to
1: Chamberlin
2: VTS
3: ACE

Hopefully this tourney we'll get more people to show up and support both Smash games. Remember to tell your friends! We want this to be as big as possible. I've talked to VTS in the past and he's going to basically take over running the Smash tournament and helping us modify whatever rules we need to, to please you guys. Also, we talked about the pot distribution and we're probably gonna readjust it from the 70/20/10 that the Street Fighter guys are used to. I'm leaving most of that up to him and to you guys, the gamers. Let me know what we need to do to make you guys happy.

Thanks.

Vts

Smash Champion
Hey guys, haven't made an official Smashboards thread yet (probably gonna do that within the next few days), but here's the facebook page for our ARK III tourney on April 2nd, 2011: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/event.php?eid=190347204309170

Hopefully this tourney we'll get more people to show up and support both Smash games. Remember to tell your friends! We want this to be as big as possible. I've talked to VTS in the past and he's going to basically take over running the Smash tournament and helping us modify whatever rules we need to, to please you guys. Also, we talked about the pot distribution and we're probably gonna readjust it from the 70/20/10 that the Street Fighter guys are used to. I'm leaving most of that up to him and to you guys, the gamers. Let me know what we need to do to make you guys happy.

Thanks.
Thanks Max

I'll try my best to run the smoothest tournament and most "fair" tournament :).

also I can't make oh Snap unless i leave saturday night since i have work on sunday :(

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213

Thanks.
I would go if it was closer to home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ektu5gv1xKE

old video i found on a DVD i recorded

j00t

Smash Champion
no johns very tasty snacks

just go falcon and win at life, like me

and then get pissy when you lose, like me

Top Bottom