• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Viiiiice. You're coming to Memphis, right?
Provided that some crazy, unforeseen post final examination doesn't pop up, then yes.

who's driving up friday? And at what time? and is there room for little old me? And I literally have NOTHING on Friday, so I could leave as early as thursday evening, and/or early friday morning.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Equals: Hacked melee will be looking really nice when I get back.
Speaking of hacked melee...can anyone customize me an Arkansas Razorback themed Ganon skin?

I know this is a bizarre request, but combining two of my favorite things would make me so happy. Like, a red and white suit Ganon, with a red cape and a razorback emblem on the cape? Man't that'd be SWEET!

Yo$himan

No More Free Jumps!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Speaking of hacked melee...can anyone customize me an Arkansas Razorback themed Ganon skin?

I know this is a bizarre request, but combining two of my favorite things would make me so happy. Like, a red and white suit Ganon, with a red cape and a razorback emblem on the cape? Man't that'd be SWEET!
You should probably go to the texture request thread for that.

Vts

Smash Champion
Veeeets are you driving to powerplay??

And if so...can I come with?
yeah, but idk whats the car ride plan is right now arby is with me ace has it off so he gets a spot seif's going and seif's coworker is going so about 6 of us going.

but right now my car is Ace,Arby, and Me

plan is to leave around 11-1 not sure 100% what time since tournament starts at 5 pm i want at least 1-2 hours warm up

Ambix

Smash Ace
Oooo, poetry.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
What is a man?
Have at you!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
In soviet russia,
Poem writes you.

EDIT:

yeah, but idk whats the car ride plan is right now arby is with me ace has it off so he gets a spot seif's going and seif's coworker is going so about 6 of us going.

but right now my car is Ace,Arby, and Me
i'm probably not going to be able to enter powerplay since I have absolutely no money.

I'm actually not even sure if i'm going because the weekly vue dooflich's are having some retro nintendo shindig on friday and i've been talking with everyone else from memphis and they seem uninterested in powerplay. It doesn't look like the pot will be very large if it exists at all. So far it seems like the vue nintendo night is more appealing.

We could maybe just bring a crapload of setups and do a smashfest at the vue or my house even...or we could just balls up and go to powerplay. You might want to give a few people a call before you drive down though. Obligitory heads up because no one around here ever fucking gives advance notice for anything.

Also, does anyone from arkansas want to be put up (Read: stay awake smashing untill 5 AM) for the night?

Hit me up on AIM or the forums if any of this noise is relevent.

plan is to leave around 11-1 not sure 100% what time since tournament starts at 5 pm i want at least 1-2 hours warm up
Come chill at my place of residence. You can get here any time on friday if you need a few warm-up matches or a shower.

it'll also be easier to figure out what the hell I plan on doing on friday if I can talk to you about it first.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I would almost rather prefer a big smashfest instead of a tourney. Tourney's bring out the worst in people, but If I had the good people to play, I say friendlies all the way.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Arby, when you get around to posting up those matches of me vs IHSB, be sure to link it up in here please sir.

Good games Arkansas, I was proud of you boys this weekend!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
pools (results)
--------------------
1. vice
2. jack
3. iori
4. arby
5. vts
6. hyperdragon (?)
7. cyner (?)
-------------------
1. nite
2. bunbun
3. ace
4. saber guy
5. zero
6. seif
7. some kid
-------------------

bracket
1. iori (lost to nite)
2. nite (lost to iori twice)
3. jack (lost to vice, iori)
4. vice (lost to iori, jack)
5. arby (lost to nite, jack)
5. vts (lost to arby, vice)
7. ace (lost to iori, jack)
7. bunbun (lost to vice, vts)

I don't know after that

uploads sometime soon (still with vts and seif)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Saw an interesting glitch on melee last night that I've never seen before. Fox was hanging on the ledge on the left side of yoshi's story and I think at the same frame that he started to slow climb off the ledge randall took him off and instead of him just standing there he did the entire slow climb animation while standing on randall.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
you and me both. come play next semester.

I'm really glad I had that little cathartic session in here. yesterday was the first time I've ever enjoyed a tourney start to finish. truly not caring about winning feels so liberating.

Nite

Smash Champion
Saw an interesting glitch on melee last night that I've never seen before. Fox was hanging on the ledge on the left side of yoshi's story and I think at the same frame that he started to slow climb off the ledge randall took him off and instead of him just standing there he did the entire slow climb animation while standing on randall.
Yeah that's pretty old. Play on Yoshi's more. It's the best stage ever.

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Arby, adding to the list of games you can't beat me in (Stepmania and Melee).

You can't beat me in "AudioSurf"

Audiosurf is a game where you use a mouse or xbox 360 controller to move a ship to collect rainbow colored blocks to score points. You use songs that you download and the game makes the chart. There are also different levels of ships, but you'll learn that if you play it.

It's on Steam or I can give you a free version of it.

Its great.

(I found out about this game in 2005 didnt play it till 2008 which is when I found a free copy instead of that Steam crap)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
pools (results)
--------------------
1. vice
2. jack
3. iori
4. arby
5. vts
6. hyperdragon (?)
7. cyner (?)
-------------------
1. nite
2. bunbun
3. ace
4. saber guy
5. zero
6. seif
7. some kid
-------------------

bracket
1. iori (lost to nite)
2. nite (lost to iori twice)
3. jack (lost to vice, iori)
4. vice (lost to iori, jack)
5. arby (lost to nite, jack)
5. vts (lost to arby, vice)
7. ace (lost to iori, jack)
7. bunbun (lost to vice, vts)

I don't know after that

uploads sometime soon (still with vts and seif)
Results, Iori just being too go:embarrass:d

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Arkansas did pretty good (woohoo!)

VTS - Good news!!! I watched some Nodame Cantabile this weekend. Only thing was it was live action and not Anime. :D The actors all overact, just like all Asian live-action, but it came off charming and funny to me. Plus, all of the actors were EXTREMELY good musicians and you get to see some good music. Might be something you want to look in to. I watched it with this dude from the Philippines, who's also undergoing ministry training. He showed me some other Asian live-action shows, but they weren't quite as good.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom