• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Does Fayetteville have a Brawl scene at all, and if so, who's in it?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Is this a melee based thread and is there a different Brawl based thread?

Vts

Smash Champion
Is this a melee based thread and is there a different Brawl based thread?
no this is pretty much it.

it has melee and brawl people but its mostly a melee thread

brawl people don't normally post here so its like 2-3 people from brawl and rest are melee which is like 10 people lol

small community, also melee is based around little rock since thats where 90% of us live.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I personally play brawl and I enjoy it for its fairness and better chance of fun and goofyness
...LOL.

I'm pretty sure Brawl's tier list is more broken than melee's, and HOW do you think it's more fun?? :(

But no, we're by and large a melee community here.

Vts

Smash Champion
...LOL.

I'm pretty sure Brawl's tier list is more broken than melee's, and HOW do you think it's more fun?? :(

But no, we're by and large a melee community here.
be nice if we are nice its easier to covert people from brawl to melee :D

plus in arkansas you get the most random training against some of the oddest characters.

like IC and Ganon, rare breed now u'll get normal tournament characters also from the others like fox/falco/puff/marth/falcon and some sheik/marios from some people also.

but as a whole its a good area since somehow arkansas has some pretty decent smashers.

and since LR is just 2 hours from memphis we get a lot of training from them you got some strong people from there mostly iori who plays everything, ihsb who plays samus/fox/falco, nite who plays beastly falco/fox, ambix for peach, guess bunbun for kirby, and zero for ness. They have about 20+ for there melee community so really strong.

Only a few better than arkansas but those better have a gap.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I remember. that's terrible.

I recently came across this little gem from my childhood. my sister and I watched this and the sailor moon hearts in ice movie so many times. kind of curious what family friend gave them to us when everyone else was offering lion king, jurassic park, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpjz-_LTjQ

by the power within me
as queen of the wingdom
I summon my sky dancers
to defend my kingdom!

--------
vice, I forget if you've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl-pg9Gy2tA
by the guy who did the mario kart love song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8&feature=channel)

Vts

Smash Champion
might come by today and play melee and wash clothes at ur place lol.

or be lazy wait a day and make u come with me to cabot so we can watch anime on the huge 100+ inch screen/ping pong/pool

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
Any good smashing lately?

Arby could you upload one of my matches from the dorms so I can see my mistakes if you still gave them?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
that footage is long gone. we can record more after I come back january 16 (although I may have forgotten how to l-cancel by then)

edit: dragon flyz, featuring the DRAGONATORS

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
nineties da bess

this morning, I realized I will soon live in a world without video rental stores. all those weekends spent with games from blockbuster, movie gallery or (long dead) local joints... all those school days waking up at 3 AM to squeeze the last bit of gameplay out of chaos legion or downhill domination on the day they had to go back... my teens - my childhood - about to disappear forever! this sucks.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
nineties da bess

this morning, I realized I will soon live in a world without video rental stores. all those weekends spent with games from blockbuster, movie gallery or (long dead) local joints... all those school days waking up at 3 AM to squeeze the last bit of gameplay out of chaos legion or downhill domination on the day they had to go back... my teens - my childhood - about to disappear forever! this sucks.
Ahhh...20...seems like just the other day for me. Good times man...kiss those good old teen years farewell. You'll never see them again.

Wow that sounds depressing :/

Vts

Smash Champion
omg spent like an hour or more trying to get all my wallpapers unlocked and still have about 150 left lol.

but i've gotten stupid fast at unlocking files now :S

listening to gorillaz's really helps

o and i found my lost files from long ago for DJ eggz stuff

thought it was delete but guess not :)

arby i'll come grab u after work so be ready like 4:30-5pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wqKb8EUxI best part of the movie

G. Vice

Smash Lord
omg spent like an hour or more trying to get all my wallpapers unlocked and still have about 150 left lol.

but i've gotten stupid fast at unlocking files now :S

listening to gorillaz's really helps

o and i found my lost files from long ago for DJ eggz stuff

thought it was delete but guess not :)

arby i'll come grab u after work so be ready like 4:30-5pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6wqKb8EUxI best part of the movie
Inconceivable!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'm listening to will watch dragonball, and I like master roshi's mindset

"who said it was about winning? this tournament is just another step on your road to improvement"

goku just don't GET IT

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
old man river
old man and the sea
old man, take a look at my life, you're a lot like me
this old man, he played five, he played knick-knack on his thigh
see the young man sitting in the old man's bar waiting for his turn to die

Top Bottom