• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

j00t

Smash Champion
Power Stone 2 is a better game than Brawl, even though Gunrock is by far the best character in that game.

Just saying.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Brawl isn't that bad if you're playing at a REALLY high level of competitive play. After playing M2K, Ally, Lee Martin, Dojo, Mike Hayes, and other top players, the game is fun. I'm never going to say that Brawl is better than Melee. I love both games, and I love them even more at high tournament levels. It just so happens that the one character I play in the game is more viable for tournaments for Brawl than Melee so I play it more. Chamberlin knows that I'll play Melee if other people are playing it, and I have a lot of fun playing it =)

I'll shut up now =b

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
my suggestions included "panty & stocking - whole damn soundtrack"

hopefully it's a good arrangement, because the original song is somewhat boring

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
psg, why must you play with my heart. you're so bad, and then you spoof <help!, division bell, vu & nico, nevermind, in the court of the crimson king> album covers

this pandering shouldn't work!!!

any specific .hack songs? we have a few pages of obvious stuff.

j00t

Smash Champion
FAP IN 4 DAYS *****ES GET HYYYYYYYYYYYPE

except if you're aren't going

If that's the case then >:[

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I showed yoshiman dbz abridged, and I saw a couple things I missed or forgot the first three times.

vegeta: what's the opposite of christopher walken?
*goku's legs are crushed*
vegeta: christopher reeve!

and a reference to my single favorite wiki article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ_Vampire_Hunter

"Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is a 2001 cult film from Odessa Filmworks which deals with Jesus' modern-day struggle to protect the lesbians of Ottawa, Canada, from vampires with the help of Mexican wrestler El Santo"

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Look Vegeta, it's a Pokemon

No, I'm Chiaotzu, Chiaotzu

Look Vegeta, it's a Chiaotzu

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Oh Shenron, we need you to wish back Goku so that he can come back and defeat the saiyans.

You know... you could just ask me... Magical Dragon... to just kill them you know.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Oh Shenron, we need you to wish back Goku so that he can come back and defeat the saiyans.

You know... you could just ask me... Magical Dragon... to just kill them you know.
"Oh no my marijuana patch!! ...I mean uh...my carrot patch!"

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
"Oh no my marijuana patch!! ...I mean uh...my carrot patch!"
Can you tell me about the Saiyans?

Not much to say other than they all died 20 years ago.

*gasp* Even my dad?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

G. Vice

Smash Lord
in other news, there's a cool discussion starting with post 2947 of this thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256826&page=74

m2k's argument is weak, but that's insight in itself
I think he was just fishing for tips

fishing for chips

fish and chips

mmmm
I don't understand all that fancy talk. I tried reading it but I got lost :/

I say, jump around and try the trick them, hit them, and don't get hit.

edit* Arby, you'll probably find this song entertaining, seeing as how me and you are both big Katy Perry fans. Check it out. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw

G. Vice

Smash Lord

Vts

Smash Champion
...after that song you made you're gonna criticize her? Okay lol. I just like her music I guess.

Anywayyy!

Guys, look at this ganon in this video. It's crazy, he's so good. That technical fox is the one from that one vid, it's crazy what happens in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilkNhJKmHYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp4Vg-gOOa8&feature=related <~~ wow.

he's sick...
wow ghost is a beast lol.

all of these people from w/e that place is are all so technical its crazy

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I thought pp and m2k were telling each other things they should have already known, so it seemed kind of patronizing except the part where they didn't actually know (or give much thought to) those things. go figure.

I know two katy perry songs and like both of them, so take that how you will.

maan I thought you had already seen the chilean matches beyond dark's tech combo spazzout. they're right up your alley kind of not really.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I thought pp and m2k were telling each other things they should have already known, so it seemed kind of patronizing except the part where they didn't actually know (or give much thought to) those things. go figure.

I know two katy perry songs and like both of them, so take that how you will.

maan I thought you had already seen the chilean matches beyond dark's tech combo spazzout. they're right up your alley kind of not really.
The guy's good. And technical. I could learn a few things from that Ganon...

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
give a lot of thought to what you're learning, depending on how serious you are about improving/wanting to beat others.

I don't care about that nonsense so I can steal willy nilly :D unfortunately I lost my own playstyle long ago as well as the technical awareness which informed it, so what does it matter :'(

G. Vice

Smash Lord
give a lot of thought to what you're learning, depending on how serious you are about improving/wanting to beat others.

I don't care about that nonsense so I can steal willy nilly :D unfortunately I lost my own playstyle long ago as well as the technical awareness which informed it, so what does it matter :'(
I was really impressed with how he utilized his double jumps, as well as his ledge cancelling. Also watched Rockcrock earlier, man that guy is so smart...

Arby, I don't think taking good ideas from others is stealing/ losing your style. You just incorporate them into your own style. That's what I've done. You still have your own style, its just full of other people's successes.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so either. the precision of 07 m2k was my starting point competitively, as I had to build the house I was born in. incorporating the ideas of others is undeniably, overwhelmingly positive when done responsibly. losing my style is an independent tragedy.

a little history:
September 2007 - enter junior year at residential high school. introduction to melee, lightning mode FFAs and nothing but (our seniors decreed thus). I think my first posts are actually in defense of lightning mode LOL

March 2008 - brawl comes out, which, after a month of pain, motivates me to try melee at normal speed

August 2008 - begin l-canceling and practicing the things I see m2k do on my friends who start this same month (march hare, raven knight, mccloud master - the host club video is mostly good imo because of circumstance. the falcon part was me, will, raven knight, and march hare, the latter three of whom couldn't really l-cancel at the time nor play falcon; it was also all done in the same 40 minute period. just goes to show what can be accomplished at any level of play with the right mentality and environment)

February-May 2009 - learn pokemon puzzle league and guilty gear accent core rather than play melee

Summer 2009 - no melee until --> yoshiman stays at my house during the month before college starts and we play 14 hours of him relearning the very fundamentals (after not playing for 8 months and never having played seriously) and me wondering why I can't play like I used to

August 2009 - we meet you guys. since then, I've learned a lot about the game and realized how much more I don't know. but no matter how I try, I cannot recapture the former me. right now, I'm nothing but the first stages of development in a thousand different directions without a foundational playstyle to give it focus. or a main. but that will never happen.

dashboard confessional!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Dashboard is a good group. Hands down is the best song...

And you my friend have improved sooo much in the last year. It used to be you never beat me, now we go like even.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
but I don't care about beating people!

my sole motivation is to be good enough for myself, and that can't happen until I regain what I've lost and grow from there.

*to preempt a possible call-out, I only enter tourneys to support the community. they put me in a negative place and make me play fox.

G. Vice

Smash Lord

my sole motivation is to be good enough for myself, and that can't happen until I regain what I've lost and grow from there.

*to preempt a possible call-out, I only enter tourneys to support the community. they put me in a negative place and make me play fox.
I live for the friendlies for the people who show up at tourneys. Then again, I don't travel soooo :/

Vts

Smash Champion

i go to tournament solely to put people into those negative spots by playing a bad character and not playing for as long as they have muhahahahaahah.

also to bro out but most to make people feel bad !!! muahahahah

also sion is what i want my falco to look like.

i think at powerplay i'm going to go all falco!

G. Vice

Smash Lord
i go to tournament solely to put people into those negative spots by playing a bad character and not playing for as long as they have muhahahahaahah.

also to bro out but most to make people feel bad !!! muahahahah

also sion is what i want my falco to look like.

i think at powerplay i'm going to go all falco!
I give it 3 matches, then you'll pick IC's :)

Sion is pretty aight, I saw one of his matches earlier. He's like Ace!

Top Bottom