• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
*refrains from jumping into a Brawl legitimacy argument*

I usually do win every Brawl tournament in Arkansas that I enter, so I guess I'm satisfying "the only reason I should ever play it."

Try maining Yoshi and when your main gets a lot better from one game to the other, you might like Brawl better =) Just sayin'
This is also true, when I first picked up brawl, I thought ness was the best character evar. Bowser too

No one blames you for leaving terrible yoshi behind except the worst melee player evar. Abestos

Vts

Smash Champion
I almost 1000% positive that yoshi is better than you.

Even willing to put money on it :glare:

So now you have but two choices. Either you can get down or you can lay down, now whats it gonna be.
i'll take that bet lets say $5

the way to decide this is with a pool of arby yoshi and others at the powerplay tournament should be fun best place wins of those 2

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
hey um my browser is kinda effed up (i use Flock) it wont load pages. internet is fine everything else is fine but the browser its self doesnt load websites anyone got any ideas? (i have tested my connection on another computer works fine. on my main computer i have tried IE8, Flock, firefox, and Chrome and it doesnt work same results with all four of them)

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
hey um my browser is kinda effed up (i use Flock) it wont load pages. internet is fine everything else is fine but the browser its self doesnt load websites anyone got any ideas? (i have tested my connection on another computer works fine. on my main computer i have tried IE8, Flock, firefox, and Chrome and it doesnt work same results with all four of them)

It has nothing to do with your browser.

Uninstall whatever ****ty virus protection software you're using and then install AVG.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Arby, how'd the footage turn out? I was wondering if anything worth anything happened.
Almost done watching it. You got some cool things and almost got some cooler things. Ace took a bunch of stocks off of one hit, which is somewhat discouraging for the recipients (being you and me).

VTS' cast inclusive got trashed.

i'm tired:bluejump:

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Almost done watching it. You got some cool things and almost got some cooler things. Ace took a bunch of stocks off of one hit, which is somewhat discouraging for the recipients (being you and me).

VTS' cast inclusive got trashed.

i'm tired:bluejump:
Rats. Wish I had gotten the cooler things :/

And yeah, Ace zero to deathed me like half the stocks he killed me at least. Discouraging lol. :bluejump:

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
It has nothing to do with your browser.

Uninstall whatever ****ty virus protection software you're using and then install AVG.
i have avg 2011 already so what else could cause it?

EDIT: Turns out AVG 2011 Slows down your browser to super crap speed.

DON'T UPDATE TO AVG 2011 FOR ALL THAT HAVE IT.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
haha this little guy is awesome :bluejump:
I KNOW!

I was sad that I couldn't make a little red jump :(

when you get those matches uploaded, be sure to link me plz!

Also, is anything at all worth going in Devour 2? There should have at least been one or two pretty cool 0-deaths in there.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW!

I was sad that I couldn't make a little red jump :(

when you get those matches uploaded, be sure to link me plz!

Also, is anything at all worth going in Devour 2? There should have at least been one or two pretty cool 0-deaths in there.
yeah, the material is still good

http://www.youtube.com/user/arbustoardiente#g/u

tell me if you guys want anything else

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Did you get winner's finals as well? Or are they in the mix of the friendlies and undistinguishable? I know that I won winners finals , then we went 1-1 in the grand finals. I was just curious. Thanks for the uploads man. I think do you think we should put the stomp to stomp to upsmash techchase fair on falco in Devour 2, or was there something better that night?

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
Did you have the Grand Finals from the second tourney on there? The one between me and Arby?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Aaaaaaaand I'm back from Texarkana with another Brawl tournament under my belt. It's sad that I have to drive to Houston to get any sort of competition for this game >.>

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaaand I'm back from Texarkana with another Brawl tournament under my belt. It's sad that I have to drive to Houston to get any sort of competition for this game >.>
You're just lucky that us other Central Arkansas smashers haven't taken the same shine to brawl as you have. Otherwise you wouldn't have to drive far to get beat =)

lol you're good at brawl dude.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
You're just lucky that us other Central Arkansas smashers haven't taken the same shine to brawl as you have. Otherwise you wouldn't have to drive far to get beat =)

lol you're good at brawl dude.
Heh, I can almost guarantee that if your character goes from being virtually unplayable to being viable, then you'd like Brawl too. Sadly in your case, Ganon went from very decent to the worst of the worst =b

j00t

Smash Champion
Heh, I can almost guarantee that if your character goes from being virtually unplayable to being viable, then you'd like Brawl too. Sadly in your case, Ganon went from very decent to the worst of the worst =b
I can almost guarantee you're incorrect.

j00t

Smash Champion
So who all is coming to FAP2

I know G. Vice is
I know VTS and Arby aren't

Ace? Are still coming? Yoshiman?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I can almost guarantee you're incorrect.
Coming from a Game and Watch main with experience and a love for melee rather than Brawl where G&W is high tier, I'd tend to agree with ya friend.

My point stands. Thanks for reinforcing it Joot. Jeff, I don't play because I love to win. If that's the case I wouldn't play Ganon in melee, I'd play Fox/Falco/Sheik. I play melee because it's better than Brawl, more fun, and has a higher threshold of skill/requirements to be good. And I play Ganon cuz he's my favorite character.

Joot-1
YOSH-0

:D

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Tope vs. Lovage

See, old people can still play this game... T__T
that was the worst lovage performance I've ever seen

and tope hasn't really done well lately because his controller is broken or something

uuuugly set

@vice: in his defense, he plays yoshi because it's his favorite character too, and yoshi is better in brawl. his reasoning is at least understandable for him.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
that was the worst lovage performance I've ever seen

and tope hasn't really done well lately because his controller is broken or something

uuuugly set

@vice: in his defense, he plays yoshi because it's his favorite character too, and yoshi is better in brawl. his reasoning is at least understandable for him.
All I'm hearing is I wanna win :)

Even when I was forcing myself to suffer thru Brawl I played Ganon. Turns out I don't like playing bad games so I stopped.

lol it's all love, Jeff is amazing at Brawl.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Heh, it's win/win for me in Brawl. My favorite character is better so it makes tournaments more enjoyable because there's nothing that just shuts me down (like Falco in Melee... fu#& him). And since no one else plays it in Arkansas, I win money =)

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
So where is this FAP thing located and when? I might join this brigade if it's not too far away.

Edit: I sorta semi play brawl still and i'm in Arkansas. I just never post on the forums so much

Top Bottom