• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Image Sakurai or Nintendo going, "Oh wow, *insert hypothetical character here* may be super iconic, popular, and has a ton of moveset potential but he doesn't have a cute sidekick so we can't include him."

Companion theory is dumb.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Each character is associated with a color.

Piranha Plant=green
Joker=red
Hero=purple
Banjo=yellow

Because Nintendo definitely chose the DLC characters based off color schemes and not something as ridiculous as popularity or moveset potential, we'll be seeing someone with blue or orange next.
Well an alternative take would be that once they were done deciding the characters, they realised they could present it that way on the site due to coincidence.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Banjo himself isn’t yellow, but the tips of Kazooie’s feathers are. Plus, a yellow bg makes them stand out, so it’s moreso aesthetic choice. Joker wears mostly black after all, but his gloves are red.

still say blue is KOS-MOS and orange is Elma tbh

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Your favorite movie except peter griffin is a main character and he keeps cutting away from the main plot
That would ruin most movies that actually try to be good.

"So that Elsa chick. She ran all the way to the top of the mountain in a dress? Geez, she must run track or something. You might be able to do that too, Meg, if you weren't so freakin' fat!"

Well an alternative take would be that once they were done deciding the characters, they realised they could present it that way on the site due to coincidence.
Regardless, it's a ridiculous theory. The only way it could be true is if it really was sheer coincidence, meaning there's no reason to put stock in the theory to begin with.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Roy is green and Dr. Mario is red. Color theory doesn't really cut down any characters at all IMO.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's a liiiitle bit early, as we have nearly a year to go, but **** it: what do you think will be shown off at Nintendo's 2020 E3? Keep in mind that AC will have already been out for a few months, Smash DLC will have wrapped up and next year could well be a break year for Pokemon titles. Our first look at the long awaited MP4? More details on BotW 2? Something else?
E32019 just ended fam

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Banjo himself isn’t yellow, but the tips of Kazooie’s feathers are. Plus, a yellow bg makes them stand out, so it’s moreso aesthetic choice. Joker wears mostly black after all, but his gloves are red.

still say blue is KOS-MOS and orange is Elma tbh
I mean red is a significant color in P5 in general and Banjo has a lot of collectibles that are gold/honey based (surprised you didn’t mention his pants)

So it doesn’t have to correlate to the actual character but just needs to be a color that can be associated like how Cloud has Midgar green for his.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
anyone remember music theory
Now that theory actually did have some stock in it.

Right after a unique character's reveal, the next song to be revealed would be the first song from their franchise uploaded on the site. When Isabelle was delayed, so was the song for that week, along with a few other posts. When she was officially revealed, the next song was from, you guessed it, Animal Crossing.

So really, the only newcomer that this didn't apply to was Incineroar, a character from an extremely popular franchise that definitely should've had a song uploaded by then if people weren't supposed to be suspicious.

Never really understood why people treated this theory like a joke but felt like the Chair Theory might be on to something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anddddd the art is done!

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Now that theory actually did have some stock in it.

Right after a unique character's reveal, the next song to be revealed would be the first song from their franchise uploaded on the site. When Isabelle was delayed, so was the song for that week, along with a few other posts. When she was officially revealed, the next song was from, you guessed it, Animal Crossing.

So really, the only newcomer that this didn't apply to was Incineroar, a character from an extremely popular franchise that definitely should've had a song uploaded by then if people weren't supposed to be suspicious.

Never really understood why people treated this theory like a joke but felt like the chair Theory might be on to something.
I thought it was legit too. It made a lot of sense.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I was really hoping that the E3 direct would just have Bowser voice acted by Doug Bowser as the co-host

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The only theory I put any stock in is the Sakurai Theory.

It’s a scientific theory based on science where you sacrifice a goat, consume its blood, and perform a mantra whilst sitting in a pentagram. This mantra is chanted whilst saying Sakurai’s name plus the character you want to see in the game over and over. Pure Science.

It’s technicaly a theory as Sakurai may or may not hear your pleas in the astral realm and can’t actually be proven that he acts according to your pleas but like everything in science, we have faith that he will come through. That or I wasted a perfectly healthy goat.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only theory I put any stock in is the Sakurai Theory.

It’s a scientific theory based on science where you sacrifice a goat, consume its blood, and perform a mantra whilst sitting in a pentagram. This mantra is chanted whilst saying Sakurai’s name plus the character you want to see in the game over and over. Pure Science.

It’s technicaly a theory as Sakurai may or may not hear your pleas in the astral realm and can’t actually be proven that he acts according to your pleas but like everything in science, we have faith that he will come through. That or I wasted a perfectly healthy goat.

The goat didn't deserve this.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Mii Costume Theory is possible but pretty much a coincidence if it's true as it's easier for Sakurai to get another character from a company already onboard for the series(so Capcom, Sega, Namco, and SE) rather than a whole new company(Microsoft is probably the only new company) so it just worked out that way in the end.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, so what are five franchises that you would love to see rebooted?

1. Dark ****ing Stalkers (I need that. I need it like I need air and food and water)
  2. Bloody Roar
  3. Joe and Mac
  4. Paperboy
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Eternal Champions
**** that’s six. Oh well

D

Deleted member

1. Dark ****ing Stalkers (I need that. I need it like I need air and food and water)
  2. Bloody Roar
  3. Joe and Mac
  4. Paperboy
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Eternal Champions
**** that’s six. Oh well
In no particular order:
1. Mystical Ninja aka Goemon
2. Any Megaman subseries, but particulary X or Legends
3. Skies of Arcadia
4. Deus Ex
5. Ninja Gaiden
Honorable mention that I would like but don't trust EA:
-Rogue Squadron

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

2. Bloody Roar
  3. Joe and Mac
  4. Paperboy
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Eternal Champions
**** that’s six. Oh well
Somebody already wished for a Earthworm Jim reboot on a monkey's paw.

He's getting a reboot but it's exclusive to the "Intellivision Amico" a wii rip off console that's coming out 10 years too late.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I like the rainbow theory a lot more than the companion theory, though I don't think either are really true. That said, Geno for blue and Isaac for orange would be pretty nice.

Iridium

Smash Hero

2. Bloody Roar
  3. Joe and Mac
  4. Paperboy
  5. Earthworm Jim
  6. Eternal Champions
**** that’s six. Oh well
1. Sin and Punishment (seriously, please)
2. Beyond Oasis (also please, Sega)
3. Ninja Gaiden (assuming there's nothing in the works)
4. Valkyrie Profile (Square Enix probably says no)
5. Fatal Fury (it's been almost 20 years, and KOF doesn't count)

D

Deleted member

Here's the inside of Pikachu's face from Let's Go Pikachu. Sleep tight.
1560731677064.png

D

Deleted member

-Pikachu makes a "4" shape in their Final Smash.-
Yep, it is confirmed. Our next fighter is going to be a Generation 8 starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
> When you check both criteria for the Color Theory and the Companion Theory.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I like both the Sidekick and Rainbow theory but I expect the former to get debunked with the next fighter but the color one might hold some water.

Unless we get something like pink or gray lol.

Another discussion, I’m still really satisfied the MS and SE wars have finally reached a conclusion.

....How long til months of Capcom and Namco wars start?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like both the Sidekick and Rainbow theory but I expect the former to get debunked with the next fighter but the color one might hold some water.

Unless we get something like pink or gray lol.

Another discussion, I’m still really satisfied the MS and SE wars have finally reached a conclusion.

It started a few hours after Banjo’s reveal

Without any credible leaks though, it hasn’t gotten crazy yet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So.... what’s happening? I feel really board. Of course, once I start my job tomorrow i’ll stop being board for the rest of the summer but for now.... I don’t know.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah I’m probably gonna have to take a rain check on my new Elma trailer draft for today. I’m heckin tired. Tomorrow maybe

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Right now dude lol. I've already seen some Resident Evil VS Ace Attorney debates.

That being said, the idea that the last two newcomers have to be from Capcom/Namco is nothing but assumptions on the part of the community. I don't see any reason to believe that aside from the Mii Costume theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom