• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arena 51 Presents Rochester's Final Smash Results!

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Singles

1 Chu Dat
2 PC
3 Plank

4 Nintendude
5 PikaPika
5 Gamefreak
7 Artery Clogger
7 N.OW
9 Cam
9 Kwan
9 Asylum
9 N64
13 JesiahTEG
13 The Phoenix
13 Amanda
13 K!CK
17 Will
17 Daywalker
17 Xivii
17 Fox
17 The Manalord
17 Andy
17 SilverSpawn
17 Owna
25 Dslayer
25 Hubbs
25 IC Matt
25 McNabb
25 Tony
25 N2
25 KoJ
25 Kirk
33 Gamestrapp
33 Foy
33 Core
33 Mr.G
33 Heath
33 Jared
33 Stephen
33 Gimp

Doubles

1 Chu + CPU Lvl 9
2 Chu is Gay
3 Gamefreak + PikaPika

4 Chaos Ocean
5 Melo + Neor
5 T.E. Nintendude
7 Team Edward Norton
7 Keemo
9 Bleep Fighter Jet
9 Fighting Mongooses
9 Donkachu
9 Flying Knees
13 Team Turtle
13 Jade + Reno
13 A+T
13 Meatblast
13 XO

Low Tier

1 N64
2 N.OW
3 Kwan

4 Artery Clogger
5 Nintendude
5 Gamefreak
7 KoJ
7 Cam
9 Will
9 Pika Pika
9 N2
9 IC Matt
13 Daywalker
13 McNabb
13 Case

I had an awesome time hosting this event and can't wait to make new tourneys for Brawl! I'll make shoutouts and say other cool Smash later. I'm still tired from last night...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This was a fun tournament I had a great time. I'm disappointed with my singles performance but oh well I got nervous and was unfamiliar with some matchups and made some silly mistakes, I was tearing it up in singles and doubles though... shame we lost in doubles losers, we really shouldn't have. Oh well, it was my first tournament experience so considering that I think I did very well but still could've done better... it's good experience.

I already did shoutouts in discussion but I'll copy them over here too. In case ppl didn't know I was the guy with buzzed brown hair wearing the grey zip up hoodie n a black shirt, I played all sorts of chars.

Shouts-

Kelvin (aka Goodies) - You ran a great tournament man it was awesome I had a lot of fun, good stuff man.

Jeff - ahhh we did good in teams winners semi-finals, I am proud. We should've went further but do to certain things (coughlolcough) we didn't, but whatever we still did good!

Jesiah - Hey I was Jeff's friend, you and Nintendude made a sick team nice stuff.

Nintendude - nice IC's man good stuff.

Gamefreak - we played first in singles, good samus man good ****. I heard you were good so I got nervous lol your reputation precedes you I guess haha good stuff man.

N.OW - **** ness!!! i hate ness!!! oh well I guess I learned my lesson, I only practice v the more popular chars I don't know **** about those random lower tier chars like ness, **** ness!!! :p

PC Chris + Plank - I had fun in our teams matches we tried to get you on weird stages (GREAT BAY!!!!) but you're just too good either way haha, awesome stuff I had a blast.

Foy - Dude, we didn't even get to play from what I remember haha! Good **** dude keep reppin' Bowser all the way forever man.

To anyone else I forgot just remind me good stuff everyone I hope arena has another tournament in say a month or so before Brawl comes out ;P

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Good **** Nintendude (Mike). Shut Neil the **** up. That's what you get for being an arrogant little rodent who talks crap and refuses to acknowledge other players as decent human beings. I bet you're gonna pretend to forget about that "Is WNY hiding" topic.

N64

Smash Champion
lol @ people taking WNY **** talk seriously. I <3 WNY smashers.

fun tourney! bad brackets, but oh wells. Got to play a lot of people that i'd previously wanted to, so it was definately worth it.
Shoutouts later.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Reserved for shout outs.

@Mario Moonshine: Don't ruin this event with that negative attitude. If you still have an issue with Neil or the way any of responded after such a ridiculous accusation, do so in PM, not here.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Awesome tournament

****... nintendude kicking serious ***.
Wait till you see his vids...You have no idea LOL

Props:

Mow- Taking 1st in teams with Zelda. I told you you'd win, but you didn't listen. You **** at this game, and in Pokemon too. Lol @ you getting stuck after the 4th gym leader. "I wanted you to feel the wrath of Exeggutor" LOL anyways, I'll come see you soon.

Nintendude-Nearly beating Plairnk, only losing by 1 life, in the last match. You did very good, better than even you thought you would do. I knew you were happy when Neil chose Marth vs you LOL. I messed up in teams vs them by choosing Marth, sorry. Next time I'll do better, I promise. Plairnk got a lil lucky that you were messing up your grabs, at my house everytime you grabbed it was death lol. Anyways, thanks for coming and being respectful. I hope you got home alright.

Neil- You know I don't really like you, but your Pikachu is still awesome. Good job.

Rick- You're so good lol good job man.

P.C.- Thanks for coming home at like 4 in the morning LOL scary streets right? You're really respectful, and I appreciate that. Hope your trip home was safe.

Chu- I didn't know what to expect from you, but you're really awesome. You're nice and respectful, and also funny. Your IC's are ****, as you probably know. Good job taking 1st in teams and singles. "Why didn't you talk **** when I was playing Pika Pika," "Why weren't you trying?" "It's Pikachu" LOL too good man, keep it up.

Scott- It's always fun man, good job, keep it up, and your friend that beat me too.

Kelvin/Goodies- You ran an amazing tournament. I really had a lot of fun, and didn't care about my placing, as you could probably tell from my last match lol. I've finally come to enjoy the game just because it's fun. You're awesome, and I hope we start hanging out again soon.

Really, this tournament was A LOT of fun. Everyone that beat me- It's gonna be a different story when Brawl comes out. ;) Again, good job to kelvin for running the tourney.

Kwan

Smash Cadet
Too good. The drive to A51 tournies are always worth it.

Gamefreak - I NEED that set on video asap. My current state of wellbeing depends on it

Artery Clogger - Thx for driving, and beating me n N64. Luigi = gay. f-tilt = gay.

Nintendude - Tags "MIKE KWAN" were too good. Fun matches all around.

N.OW - It's about time ness came out of the closet. seriously green greens is ********. great matches, and thx again for showing me "great-ness." Oh man that was bad. Leave me alone, im still tired.

Pika - GJ in teams, though you guys should TOTALLY be DQ'd. DQ!!

Chudat - It was fun talking to u/playing u. Up-tilt->fully charged kirby punch is too good. Ur pika is beast.

PC - Finally beat ur DK. Every other match with it was so close. U should totally come up to rpi for a smashfest or something.

N69 - Gratz on low tiers, and getting revenge on N.OW. I need to watch those matches. Funny how a day b4 this tourny u were all "I'm quitting pika forever" and u played pika almost exclusively during tourny matches...

Kelvin - Thx for telling me n Rick to play recorded. Best decision ever. Thx for the great tourny.

I better be seeing ALL of u at pound. I love this game.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Reserved for shout outs.

@Mario Moonshine: Don't ruin this event with that negative attitude. If you still have an issue with Neil or the way any of responded after such a ridiculous accusation, do so in PM, not here.
What are you, a back seat moderator? I can't congratulate Mike on a grand victory? Have you even READ the said topic?

By the way, see the tournament was posted and advertised on smashboards, and look how well that turned out. No complains. No excuses. No rejecting of new players and refusing to reason on a basic level.

ChuDat

Smash Master
My Level 9 CPU Luigi/Samus is toooo goooood.

Had a lot of fun this tournament, thank you to jesse for housing me, thankyou mow for letting me know, thank you for the 400$, thank you buffalo wild wings and your delicious 10 vareity of flavors for a total of 100 Buffalo Wings, <3 PC Chris <3, f*ucking raftbuilder talk **** and eat it haha <3, lots of low tier people this tournament O.o. Don't you guyz understand that Low tiers suck? LMFAO. Start playing marth and fox.

Anyone who is cool that ive met, you know who u are. Nice chillin with you guys.

ChuDat

Smash Master
My Level 9 CPU Luigi/Samus is toooo goooood.

Had a lot of fun this tournament, thank you to jesse for housing me, thankyou mow for letting me know, thank you for the 400$, thank you buffalo wild wings and your delicious 10 vareity of flavors for a total of 100 Buffalo Wings, <3 PC Chris <3, f*ucking raftbuilder talk **** and eat it haha <3, lots of low tier people this tournament O.o. Don't you guyz understand that Low tiers suck? LMFAO. Start playing marth and fox.

Anyone who is cool that ive met, you know who u are. Nice chillin with you guys.

oh and when are Videos going up????

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Chu won with a Level 9 CPU on his team? ROFL.

Vids would be awesome.
That was just the team name it was actually Mow.

The vids guy is getting all the footage tomorrow and he's doing them in order (from friday to the tournament day) which will mean actual good tourny videos won't come for a while O:<

Artery_Clogger

Smash Apprentice
Fun tourney. It's always cool going to the Rochester tournies. Anyway, I have a memory card that was in my cube and I didn't realize before we left. My cube was the one at the small tv off to the side.

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Shout out time!

Pika Pika: Oh man! We've come so far trying to become good at this game. You were beasting on mad Spacies this tourney with that rodent. Your teamplay was awesome and your set with Chu proved that you can compete with the best and do well. Your performance cemented you being the best in WNY! Props to you buddy and hope to see you ****** with Pika in Brawl!

KoJ: My bad in teams! [john] Running and playing in a tourney isn't easy [/john], but I'm really glad I got to play a little this tourney. You began playing a lot better when you were calm and gave N64 a really good set. Thanks so much for your help this tourney with housing and video operation. You made this tourney so much smoother and stress free for me. I'm a truly appreciate all of your help!

Yannick: Where are you Yoshi?

Gamefreak: Your **** scared me a lot. You almost got Plank too. So close! Your talent has given us a great reputation and you will no doubt continue to dominate in Brawl. I was most impressed with your teamplay though. Thanks so much for being my friend and helping us all get better these last few years in Melee.

Max: I owe you so much! You helped out this community so much and you seem to be quite influential where ever you attend. Your first place victory in teams with Chu proved to me that you are still one of the best out there. Who would have thought that IC + Sheik/Zelda would make such an awesome team. Thank you so much for bring out Chu and showing me such an amazing set.

PC Chris: You are truly amazing! Your everything is totally **** and it's awe inspiring playing against talent like yours that so few can accomplish. I'm so glad you came and had a great time in Rochester. We have a lot of great people in this area and you being here mad this tourney the best one we've ever had.

Plank: Awesome Sheik! I was a little worried about your set against Nintendude, but your Zelda -> Sheik strategy overcame that difficult matchup. I had a lot of fun playing and hanging out with you too. No more beans btw! Congrats to your 2nd place in teams and 3rd in singles!

Chu Dat: Your are so sick at this game with like every character and I have to say that you are the King of Low Tiers + Popo. Your singles and team set was simply amazing and you were rewarded well for your stellar performance. Congratz on getting 1st in both singles and teams. You ****!

K!CK: You did really well this tourney. Having you here always brings something exciting to our tourneys. We've both developed Peach together and you showed us that Peach can still do well in tourneys despite so many hard matchups. I'm really pound of you and I'm glad you've ended your Melee career having a lot of fun and meeting a lot of great people.

N.OW: You made a lot of people cry against your Ness. There were so many great moments in your set mostly on Green Greens and Corneria. At least you ended your tourney career losing to a Sheik ROFL! I hope to see you **** more with Ness in the next installment.

JesiahTEG: You've improved a lot and it seemed like you had so much fun this tourney! You and Mike made a great team and beasted a lot. Thanks so much for housing Chu, Max, Tanya and Mike. You're awesome!

Dylan: This was your first tourney and you didn't do too bad at all. You were able to keep up with a lot of the top players in this area and showed up why Luigi isn't low tier LOL! I'm glad your first Melee tourney was a blast and your team sets with Panty were really fun to watch!

Samasan: I told you that you would have a blast playing teams and see what happened. You did extremely well and you were able to keep up with some tough competition. It's always a blast having you around. Teams FTW!

Manalord: You should look down on yourself. This was your first big tourney and you didn't do too bad at all. You lost to two really good players and you did really well in teams. Your Falcon is awesome btw. i didn't get to play many of your other characters, but your CF stood out the most. I'm really glad you came to our last melee tourney and had a blast!

Amanda: Thank god you got your a$$ out of bed and showed us why Link *****. You were the first person I've played and considered to be really good and you ended this tourney proving that you are still solid and a force to be reckoned with. I hope you **** with Link in the next game and we'll definitely do a bunch of Link dittos.

Kwan: Your DK is so scary. All of your sets were simply amazing especially the ones with N64 and Gamefreak. I wish I had a chance to play against you though. I like DK a lot and I could learn a lot from playing you. Good stuff overall in low tiers and singles!

N64: You finally beat Pika Pika in a ditto and you simply beasted the rest of low tier! Your combos are really creative and some of the kills were down right hilarious. It's always a pleasure having you guys around and what happened to Arcturus? Congrats on 1st in Low Tier btw.

Nintendude: Your IC are so amazing! Those grabs combos look so cool and the desync tricks were intricate and very effective. Good beating Pika Pika and that amazing set against Plank. It's all on video! You'll be able to see it soon!

Foy: Bowser is so hard to use in tourney, but at least you had a good set vs Chu though. Low tier battles are a lot of fun and he recognized that and had fun with ya. I hope Bowser is amazing in the next installment so we both can get revenge on all of the happy characters including Peach.

Case: You are too funny! I love having you around and you give me a lot to look forward to every tourney. There really aren't any words to describe how awesome you are. Good job getting your revenge on us in teams and I'm glad you had a blast overall.

Daywalker: You are too fun having around as well. I still need to play you more in Virtua Fighter 5 next time I see you though. I play all female characters so be warned.

I know I'm forgetting some people, but everyone that came is awesome. I'm so glad to have hosted so many great tourneys at Arena 51 and I hope to continue the Smash legacy here with Brawl.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Time to stop being lazy >_>

Kelvin - Thanks for the awesome tournament. It was one of the most fun I've been to. Those matches against your Peach were really fun.

PC - It was nice to see a familiar face there. We had a lot of good matches. Kirby is a beast...

Kwan - Your DK is so awesome. lol @ my decision to randomly go Roy vs you, and lol @ your high tiers

N64 - I've wanted to play that Pika for awhile now. I'm glad I finally got to:)

N.OW - yoyo glitch is too good! Thanks for teaching me how it works. It's so much fun watching you play on your counterpicks.

Chu - Nice job on 1st in both singles and doubles. It was fun hanging out with you for dinner and stuff.

Jesse - Thanks you so much for everything...the rides, the housing, and for being my teammate. You made this experience possible for me and I really appreciate that.

Cornell - You guys suck for not coming along with me lol j/k

PikaPika - ggs, nice Pika

Tom - Good to meet you and play some SSB64.

Plank - ggs, I'll get you next time!

N64

Smash Champion
Hokay. Shoutouts.

First off, awesome tourney as usual. Second, I didn't like the brackets. I had to play arteryclogger (crewmate) first round in singles, which considering there were 3 of us total from one crew there wouldn't seemingly be too hard to avoid. I heard a couple other bracket complaints during the tourney. But whatever, no johns. It was still run smoothly, finished in good time for all that was planned that day, and awesomeness of all the people there more than made up for it.

Chudatz - Prior to this tourney, I had seen a little of your pika. I'd seen some vids from various MD/VA tournies, and then saw it in action at VLS. At the time, I wasn't very impressed. It definately was good, just seemed to mostly run around nairing and win based on your superior mindgames and precision rather than your familiarity with what pika's capable of. At this tourney, however, my opinion entirely changed. You were tilting! You were doing brilliant combos! You were doing all these things I oh so enjoy seeing pikas do. I now believe you definately have one of the best pikas I've seen in the nation. It was super fun playing ya, wish we could have got some more in. Maybe at pound? We'll see. Your ICs and Ylink(though I didn't see you use him this tourney) never cease to amaze me. Good job on your placings.

Daywalker - Fun talking to you. Looks like you've improved since last I saw ya. Keep it up man.

Goodies - Fancy tourney. Always glad to come to WNY tournies, so much fun.

Mow - We didn't get to play. You kept disappearing randomly, heh. Oh wells, good job in doubles, it was really fun to watch.

Nintendude - You're kinda scary with solo Popo heh. Each of our stocks in friendlies went: Me killing nana in like 15 seconds, then you killing me with Popo. Was fun finally getting to play you. Great job in singles. Hope we get to play more in the future.

N.OW - Holy crap hour long low tiers finals. I love seeing low tiers abuse stages, even if it got me owned a lot. I officially hate the randomness on green greens now. Really fun matches though, I feel like I have a better grasp on the ness matchup now, was kinda making things up as time went on.

P.c. Chris - We need to friendly! I've probably been to at least 10 tournies you've also been at and I don't think we've ever actually played outside of doubles. Hope you can make it up sometime, I'll try to get in touch with Kip I guess. Or maybe we'll try to make it down there some afternoon. We'll see! Grats on your placings, you is too good.

Pikapika - DQ! DQ! You guys are lucky kwan and I are lenient people. Or you'd have been outa there. Regardless, good job in teams, and fun set in low tiers.

Plairnkk - Good set. First two matches were pretty close, had me on edge. I wish they were recorded. I felt like I played best against you in singles and we both pulled off some pretty neat stuff. Always fun to have you around, hope it was worth the trip.

Rick - Heard you were owning it up. Keep it up man, you is too good.

To everyone else I played, talked to, or whatevers, it was super fun.

D

Deleted member

my shouts:

kelvin: your face is pretty
cory: cool hoodie
jesse: I wanted you to feel the wrath of Exeggutor
neil: pikachu is a *******
rick: samus is a *****
doron: give me my custon title. ***.
alexei: you didn't go to this
tim: you didn't either
will: you didn't either =/
jon: you got pulled over
chris: you're really quiet sometimes, rare candy ftw
daniel: we won yay. you sister owns me.
tanya: you own me
dad: you bought me a sweet car
bob: you sold me a sweet car
buffalo wild wings: you never gave me my drink that I paid for, but I never paid for tanya's.
courtney: pichu is also a *******
jimmy: we ***** your teammate
jimmy's teammate: we ***** you to avoid fighting jimmy
mike: you should have freeze glitched plank to be funny
yannick: you weren't here.
kathryn: chimchar is kinda cool
CPU LV 9 Luigi: you kill yourself a lot

that's everyone I talked to more or less the entire weekend.

omg1337core

Smash Cadet
I suck at remembering everyone and everything, so I'll sum it up in one phrase: I love everyone.

This tourney was pretty much was perfect, even though I played worse than William Hung's singing at this one. Except for like two matches.

Also, where's those videos :[ haha
Awesome seeing everyone again

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Eyo goddies just in case you cant tell ... dis is goggles. How the HELL!!!!... HOW THE HELL!! do you have a tourney with pc chris AND chudat and not call me you can expect a punch to the gut the next time i see you ... o my god i am so pissed at you, i would have came home for that. i would have took a cab 6 hrs. back and forth and made it back to class on monday. i swear to god, thats the kind of oppurtunity that ive been looking for since i started this game. ive been waiting for the oppurtunity to show off my stomp combos, oh my god ganon would be top tier WHYYYYYYY DIDNT YOU TEEEEELLLLLL MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

i h8 u I Hate You All. God i am going to pimpsmack you all

ill be bak and ill wreck you all

peace (punch)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yeah... videos please. if not then just send some of the videos to me and ill upload them >_>

bc i want my set up haha

Top Bottom