• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you shocked that Ken got into Smash before Tails and even Waluigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
When I saw the trailer for Ken joining Smash Ultimate, I was surprised to see that he became a playable character before Tails and even Waluigi. However, Tails still has a high chance of being a DLC character, in addition to Ren/Joker (not DC).

How do feel about Ken becoming playable before Tails?

Tails: Hey you just opted for that Red Fighter!

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Not at all, Ken is very iconic.
Although I think Tails and Waluigi deserve to be in Smash.
I really hope Tails made it into Smash.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not at all, Ken is very iconic.
Although I think Tails and Waluigi deserve to be in Smash.
I really hope Tails made it into Smash.
Tails has a high chance of being a DLC for Smash Ultimate.

Waluigi has been eliminated, but it's likely he will be playable in Smash 6.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
Tails has a high chance of being a DLC for Smash Ultimate.

Waluigi has been eliminated, but it's likely he will be playable in Smash 6.
I think Tails has a good chance too, I don't think Spirits deconfirm characters.

About Waluigi, if Smash 6 is directed by Sakurai, I think it's 99% certain Waluigi will be an Assist Trophy, unfortunately Sakurai does not seem to like Waluigi and/or he like him as Assist Trophy.

ColinKasper

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreHero
Switch FC
SW-7839-9040-1316
Easy to make Ken off of Ryu's coding and yes, I agree he is very iconic. Tails isn't an assist trophy therefore isn't deconfirmed as DLC so I believe has a chance to get in as one of the top two runners in the game alongside Sonic. (In Sonic 2 Tails was faster than Sonic). Eggman/ Dr. Robotnick in a mech (like Sonic Adventure 2: Battle) would be cool too.

As for my opinion on Waluigi I believe he is a shadowed character meant to stay in the Mario sports games as a rival for Luigi/ partner for Wario. He is meant to be overlooked and shadowed therefore an assist trophy he stays. Just my humble opinion.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
I think Tails has a good chance too, I don't think Spirits deconfirm characters.

About Waluigi, if Smash 6 is directed by Sakurai, I think it's 99% certain Waluigi will be an Assist Trophy, unfortunately Sakurai does not seem to like Waluigi and/or he like him as Assist Trophy.
Knuckles, and Shadow have been eliminated from being playable, but along with Tails, we might also get more playable Sonic Characters.

No not true, Sakurai might eventually regret eliminating Waluigi, and he (and maybe Bomberman) will become playable.

As for my opinion on Waluigi I believe he is a shadowed character meant to stay in the Mario sports games as a rival for Luigi/ partner for Wario. He is meant to be overlooked and shadowed therefore an assist trophy he stays. Just my humble opinion.
He is eliminated from being playable in Smash Ultimate to avoid having too many playable Mario Characters. In Smash Ultimate, we got three new Mario newcomers, Daisy, King K. Rool, and Piranha Plan. And we already have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Rosalina and Wario.

Therefore Waluigi and Toad, will most likely be the final Mario newcomers in Smash as of now. (Not in Smash Ultimate)

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see I'm not the only one who can see Tails as possible DLC. In fact, the Sonic series is strangely under-represented in Smash...idk why they insist on 2 assist trophy's, but only Sonic himself as a fighter. Ken is definitely iconic, and he fits the criteria for an echo fighter perfectly (plus I'm a huge Ken fan so I was very pleasantly surprised)

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Glad to see I'm not the only one who can see Tails as possible DLC. In fact, the Sonic series is strangely under-represented in Smash...idk why they insist on 2 assist trophy's, but only Sonic himself as a fighter. Ken is definitely iconic, and he fits the criteria for an echo fighter perfectly (plus I'm a huge Ken fan so I was very pleasantly surprised)
Although Tails isn't an echo fighter, he would just be a semi-clone of Sonic. That doesn't mean he can't be a DLC.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Although Tails isn't an echo fighter, he would just be a semi-clone of Sonic. That doesn't mean he can't be a DLC.
Yeah he's unique enough to be his own fighter, and since Sakurai said there would be no echo fighters as DLC, it's a good possibility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, I'm not surprised at all about Ken being in before Tails and Waluigi...

I'm surprised that people still buy 3D sonic games nowadays knowing they'll be
S H I T.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Yeah he's unique enough to be his own fighter, and since Sakurai said there would be no echo fighters as DLC, it's a good possibility.
If Tails becomes playable. It will trigger a chain reaction, that will lead to more playable Sonic characters.

Last edited:

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
No not true, Sakurai might eventually regret eliminating Waluigi, and he (and maybe Bomberman) will become playable.
Sakurai can change his mind of course, but by what we've seen the historic shows us that Sakurai loves Waluigi as Assist Trophy, he thinks Waluigi fits in this role much better than as a fighter, (otherwise he wouldn't put Piranha Plant BEFORE Waluigi...)

He is eliminated from being playable in Smash Ultimate to avoid having too many playable Mario Characters. In Smash Ultimate, we got three new Mario newcomers, Daisy, King K. Rool, and Piranha Plan. And we already have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Rosalina and Wario.

Therefore Waluigi and Toad, will most likely be the final Mario newcomers in Smash as of now. (Not in Smash Ultimate)
King K. Rool is from Donkey Kong.
Sakurai could perfectly put Waluigi in Smash Ultimate, he knows very well how people are begging for Waluigi a long time ago, but he chosen Piranha Plant over Waluigi anyway, he likes Waluigi as AT, the priority to Sakurai to put Waluigi as a playable character is very low.

Maybe in Smash 6 Sakurai will change his mind, but it isn't so likely. I think Waluigi has more chances to be playable if Smash 6 is directed by another person.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Short answer: No

He's a clone, so he's easier to put in than those two. Plus, literally any character can get in before Waluigi and I wouldn't be surprised.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nah. Besides, Tails works best as an :ultisabelle:, and not an Echo.

Waluigi's time will come, but not for now. I expect that we'll get Waluigi Pinball as a stage before we can even get him, at this rate. Which I wouldn't mind, Waluigi Pinball is awesome.

Honestly don't know why Shadow wasn't an echo, seemed like an obvious choice.
Because being obvious doesn't magically negotiate, program and model a character.
I think Sakurai probably decided that he would need stuff to make him stand out a little more, like his motorcycle, so being an Echo probably would have been a disservice in his case, so he's skipped out on for now.

Well, that and focusing on Joker in the meantime.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Sakurai probably decided that he would need stuff to make him stand out a little more, like his motorcycle, so being an Echo probably would have been a disservice in his case, so he's skipped out on for now.
Motorcycle, are you serious?

Look, it's not like echoes can't have differences. It's either there wasn't enough time/demand for him or SEGA wasn't excited for the idea. Not every single character has to be rejected for a reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Motorcycle, are you serious?

Look, it's not like echoes can't have differences. It's either there wasn't enough time/demand for him or SEGA wasn't excited for the idea. Not every single character has to be rejected for a reason.
Right, but at any rate it does get anyone out of Tails' way regardless of why they're not in. Odds are even Silver could be an AT by the time Smash 6 happens.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Nope, since those two had no chance in the first place. I don’t think Sakurai allows third-party semi-clones in Smash.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Not really surprised this time. However when Smash Bros 4 came out I was surprised that Ryu was a DLC fighter seeing that Smash Bros and Street Fighter II have different playstyles in their genre. Once Ken came for Ultimate, I was already used to Street Fighter characters in Smash. (Although Tails would make a good addition to the roster seeing that he is Sonic's little brother.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom