• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Addicted To Smash?

Omni created a video called "Are You Addicted To Smash". These signs include "hearing buttons over nothing going on", "stopping from playing other games", and "playing every game like Smash".

As per Omni's usual, his outgoing personality is showcased, but this one follows a more "Vlog" format rather than having him fit in more jokes as he uses examples from his own stories with people to correlate to their possible Smash Bros. addiction.

Are you addicted to Smash Bros.? Do you find yourself with one of these cases even without being addicted? Is this your first Omni video? Leave a comment and let us know!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I am and it so much better than Any drug...

*Not that I've tried any*

I feel my comments Crammer is off and it's
redundant so just ignore it.....

Last edited:
I got addicted without noticing it... Gradually Sm4sh became the only game that I play. It also sucks a fair amount of my free time. I ain't even mad.

Is that some fancy name that you kids these days have for some kind of new age drug or something?
Well if you count the few extremely weird people who eat those cards drug addicts then I guess so. (It's a card game, Magic: The Gathering)

Last edited:
Smash 64 was awesome and I played it frequently but then Melee came out.

Melee was the only time I was truly addicted to Smash. I even managed to get every trophy except for Diskun (can't throw the hammer to get that hammer throw bonus).

Brawl... I didn't bother getting all the trophies, especially the Subspace Emissary trophies where I have to throw trophy stands at enemies and bosses. I cleared all the challenges except five but I didn't want to use the golden hammers to clear those challenges.

SSB4... this is where I didn't even bother finishing Classic and All-Star with every character. I didn't even bother clearing all the challenges. It's like the game is more tedious than the last game. But at least I finally got Duck Hunt Dog in Smash 12 years after I started supporting him when Melee was about a month old.

I guess I am getting less and less addicted to Smash as I get older.

That woman at the end... I literally lost it. XD

Anyways, I don't believe I'm addicted to Smash, for multiple reasons:
1. I do not hear any controller sounds or anything like that when nobody's playing (heck, even when somebody else IS playing, I can only recognize voices, in-game sound effects, and music...). I DO hear various games' soundtracks outside of said games though (and that includes remixes even when I'm not currently listening to them. Looking at you, VG Arch-rivals series of remixes).
2. I play myself some good old Mario spin-off games on top of Smash, without even bothering. Heck! When I DO bother analyzing them, it never has anything to do with Smash (except the item RNG stuff. Mario Kart has it even worse than Smash).
3. I've never actually "quitted" Smash. I stopped following the series, I kind of stopped supporting it ("kind of" due to the amiibos having some of my favorite characters that I REALLY want to collect. Looking at you, Roy, Little Mac, Mega Man, Zelda, and, of course, Daisy), but I've never gone away from it. Even to this day, I still play 64, Melee, Brawl (not PM, vBrawl), and 4 (Wii U. I broke my 3DS, remember?).

Also, I believe the addiction is what makes competitive players so bitter toward casuals. I mean, there's nothing wrong with playing casually, since it's just "I play the game, nothing more" (which by itself is completely fine).
Also, did he REALLY mention Brawl... on a video about addiction... that mostly affects the COMPETITIVE community? Seriously?! (Unless he meant PM, but that's something else)

And yes, this is my first Omni video.

Last edited:
I was addicted to Smash.
Then Corrin happened.
And then, Bayonetta happened.
This was the finishing strike that buried SM4SH's grave for me.

I was addicted to Smash.
Then Corrin happened.
To me it was already dead. Back in the time, I WAS gonna play Smash A LOT MORE at the mere mention of a sequel to Brawl (and potentially Melee), so I was excited as f** when I learned Smash 4 was in development. But then, the Greninja trailer happened... I was already like "Welp. This is gonna be my last Smash if Daisy never makes it in". I was later brought down by several things the game "offered" to me: No Squirtle, no Snake, no Pichu, still no Daisy, Smash Tour...and then Corrin and Bayonetta happened... this made it even worse as even my sister thought we shouldn't get THIS DLC (in fact I'm willing to bet that because of Greninja, those two, and the lack of the aforementioned characters, as well as plenty of others, brought Smash 4 to a very low place in her mind. Heck! Now she's willing to play any other Wii U other than Smash 4, and that is something she didn't do all that much back when we had the Subspace Emissary. I think the only thing that keeps her a bit attracted to Smash 4 is Rosalina, and even then Rosalina's been in plenty of games so that's not really an excuse for Sm4sh anymore).

I was addicted to Smash.
Then Corrin happened.
It haunts me to know that they added in Corrin while fully knowing there was too much of "some things" in the roster and just for advertisement. And the Smash Ballot was rigged for sure. Yeah, it was a big drop after the last three characters coming in and I know the next one isn't going to be stellar for me to keep going.

It haunts me to know that they added in Corrin while fully knowing there was too much of "some things" in the roster and just for advertisement. And the Smash Ballot was rigged for sure. Yeah, it was a big drop after the last three characters coming in and I know the next one isn't going to be stellar for me to keep going.
Yeah there were a LOT of Fire Emblem reps... (and a LOT of anime-styled swordfighters...)... And yes the Ballot has GOT to have been rigged (Daisy has, like, 3000 signatures on her petition, and probably about as much votes on the Ballot, yet we got Bayonetta? What?!)

Yeah there were a LOT of Fire Emblem reps... (and a LOT of anime-styled swordfighters...)... And yes the Ballot has GOT to have been rigged (Daisy has, like, 3000 signatures on her petition, and probably about as much votes on the Ballot, yet we got Bayonetta? What?!)
Just because people scream for a character, doesn't mean they have to make it (or, as is more relevant. doesn't mean that can't make characters we didn't want), Smash Ballet or not.

Just because people scream for a character, doesn't mean they have to make it (or, as is more relevant. doesn't mean that can't make characters we didn't want), Smash Ballet or not.
The bigger problem with the Ballot is that, when it started, they stated it was more of a suggestion box of sorts (hence people started voting for some of the most obscure characters ever), and yet, in the end, they took one (and only ONE) of the MOST VOTED characters (meaning all those votes for obscure characters literally went to the trash. Same for even the other most popular characters, Daisy and Waluigi included).
Another problem is the fact that now Smash 4 has A LOT of third-party (Bayonetta is just too much. Also Capcom is over-represented), compared to previous entries (64 and Melee had NONE, Brawl had like 2, DLC-less Smash 4 had 3... why did we have to jump to 6?!).

Top Bottom