• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Yellows any good in this game?

R O F L

Smash Ace
Do they have any combos exclusive to them or are any combos performed easier with them? How effective are their larger hitboxes? Is their higher arc better or worse in this game? etc.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Good lord yellows are insane in this game, since our airs are disjointed bar nair, yellows only make the disjoint bigger, and with oli's up smash buffs, yellows imo are top tier for pikmin up smashes

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Yellows definitely have their uses in this game, especially for spacing. The extra hitstun can make combos nice and they're a solid choice for dthrow combos. Also they're ideal for down smash 2 frames. I gotta ask though have you tried playing with them at all? I feel like if you try them you'll find the difference noticeable.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Yellows definitely have their uses in this game, especially for spacing. The extra hitstun can make combos nice and they're a solid choice for dthrow combos. Also they're ideal for down smash 2 frames. I gotta ask though have you tried playing with them at all? I feel like if you try them you'll find the difference noticeable.
I've been messing around in training mode a lot recently, and yeah, i'm starting to notice some significant differences with their hitboxes. I almost never used them in Smash 4, so i'm trying to get used to using them in this game.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Olimar is one of those characters that really benefits from getting practice vs real people. You'll get a much better feel for each color's use that way.

Top Bottom