• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are We Too Politically Correct?

Are we too politically correct?

• Yes

Votes: 112 74.7%
  • No. We are just fine.

Votes: 25 16.7%
  • No. We need to go farther?

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Buttfacetry? smh

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

Navarro

Smash Apprentice
Politically Correct is nothing new, but it has been receiving a lot of attention, especially now. And I said this many times with different people. My overall opinion is that what some of these people are asking for is beyond the most dumbest thing I have heard. The world doesn't revolve around you, society does not care about your feelings, but what you can contribute. Someone called you a "******" oh boo-hoo, I get called racial slurs all the time by white, black, and asian Americans. And I don't even care, I just shrug it off and move on. People need to man up and not worry about dumb **** like that. There's always going to be people who are going to hate you for no real reason, just deal with it. Now if it's something like Trump's wall idea, that's an actual serious issue because it affects international relations. But if it something like "oh, I got butthurt", hell no.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
The world doesn't revolve around you, society does not care about your feelings, but what you can contribute. Someone called you a "******" oh boo-hoo, I get called racial slurs all the time by white, black, and asian Americans. And I don't even care, I just shrug it off and move on.
I guess it's easy just to say "deal with it" when being called a racial slur, but inevitably there are going to be individuals that are offended. A society that shrugs everything off does not exist, which is why political correctness is called for in order to maintain peace as much as possible. We simply can't make everyone be respectful of all different races, when so many people are undeniably racist. I believe the best route is for the education systems to better teach the younger generation about these racial issues. Children need to grow up knowing that us humans are all the same; we have bones, a heart, and a brain, but qualitative factors like our color and physical appearance are categorizing us although we are internally the same. These features do not define who we are, or our intellect. If we fail to address this, more and more people will grow up to be adverse to other races. This way, we will not have to deal with "getting over racial slurs," since we would have been taught those are immoral anyway. (
However, yes, no matter what there will be racists in this world, but we can help diminish the number of them in our society.)

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
There's a reason it's called "political" correctness. That is because it is not actually correct. Political correctness is tyranny with manners. Why? Because it is those groups with political privilege who will dictate who is and isn't "oppressed" enough to be protected from those deadly, deadly words. Not contexts or meanings, but the words themselves. It's the same strategy that Josef and Adolf used.

Not just words, either. But concepts, too. The very idea that a woman shouldn't have the right to be a sexual predator, or a man accused of the same should be innocent until proven guilty by a standard that isn't constructef by feminists with the sole purpose of locking up innocent men. Those are both politically incorrect, wrongthink ideas

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
So, do you think we've gone to far in our attempt to stop general buttfacetry?
This attitude is part of the problem. I guarantee you the average smasher's nowadays standard for being a dcik is far lower than most normal people. People are way too sensitive. If someone tells you you're trash and you're trash, you should get better. If you're not trash, talk trash back. Unless the person is seriously just making stuff up with no basis in reality, there's no justification to get mad at them for talking down to you or anyone else.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First of all, it shouldn't have anything to do with politics.

You just shouldn't insult another person based on gender, race, social status, material wealth, or other superficial stuff. And in a way, I think the PC culture has done some things right. It just shouldn't be a political agenda, but more a common agreement amongst citizens. Which honestly was always there!

Most people just want to live in peace. If not, they are affraid of something. There wouldn't be Islamfobia if the media didn't focus so extremely on 'Muslim terrorists' (as if there's no white terrorists). Black people similary, the media has influenced a lot of stereotypes surrounding black people. For example; being voilent, undereducated, Africa being only mud huts and jungle.. all of that is based on a certain projection the media gives us.

If we just refuse to accept these limited projections of our fellow man, we wouldn't be in this situation.

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
While the OP thread is very subjective I would have to say in general media- Yes, PC things have gone somewhat overboard.

I don't think the desire to be 'PC' is necessarily wrong, but when it prevents people from either stating their opinions or gives people an excuse to not grow as a person- Thats a problem.

There are also a lot of PC things that I truly do not understand- I.E. It is COMPLETELY unacceptable for a white person to call a black person a 'negro' or something similar, but it is completely fine for a black person to call another black person a negro or anything similar.
Why exactly? Isn't such a relationship as the one above inherently racist because the color of your skin determines what you can and cannot say? But at the same time its also fine by PC culture.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
While the OP thread is very subjective I would have to say in general media- Yes, PC things have gone somewhat overboard.

I don't think the desire to be 'PC' is necessarily wrong, but when it prevents people from either stating their opinions or gives people an excuse to not grow as a person- Thats a problem.

There are also a lot of PC things that I truly do not understand- I.E. It is COMPLETELY unacceptable for a white person to call a black person a 'negro' or something similar, but it is completely fine for a black person to call another black person a negro or anything similar.
Why exactly? Isn't such a relationship as the one above inherently racist because the color of your skin determines what you can and cannot say? But at the same time its also fine by PC culture.
The term Negro and to a greater extent ***** was usurped by modern African American culture as a means of decreasing its power as an insult.

As with other racial, ethnic, and sexual words that are seen as pejoratives, some individuals have tried "reclaiming" the word. An example of this is artist Kara Walker. In the US, some African Americans may use the term playfully among themselves (as in "You can't please Negroes"), especially throughout the American South and other areas with a higher percentage of African Americans. Such usage is similar to that of the word *****, although it is generally not considered profanity, and is less offensive.
Source

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
The term Negro and to a greater extent ***** was usurped by modern African American culture as a means of decreasing its power as an insult.

Source
That doesn't answer the question, and if its being used NOT as an insult in GENERAL... Doesn't that also take away from it being an insult?

Like if that is the logic behind it, then again- What reason is there for a white / non-black person to not be able to say 'negro' even within the same context / meaning?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well, your question was kinda... lopsided. Perhaps where you're from it is like that, but in general it isn't actually "completely" unacceptable for a non-afro american to use the word. Context is absolutely necessary when deciding if it's appropriate.

Think of it like this: would the likes of Eminem saying "what up my *****" to Dr. Dre be considered Em insulting him? Nah. Obviously a bit on the nose with that example. Interestingly enough a black friend of mine says that to me all the time. Am I black? Nope not one drop, but it's all good because in that -context- ***** means friend.

The idea that the word can never be used by non blacks is actually a misnomer in other words. But it isn't without reason this idea exists, hence the historical article I linked.

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
Well, your question was kinda... lopsided. Perhaps where you're from it is like that, but in general it isn't actually "completely" unacceptable for a non-afro american to use the word. Context is absolutely necessary when deciding if it's appropriate.

Think of it like this: would the likes of Eminem saying "what up my *****" to Dr. Dre be considered Em insulting him? Nah. Obviously a bit on the nose with that example. Interestingly enough a black friend of mine says that to me all the time. Am I black? Nope not one drop, but it's all good because in that -context- ***** means friend.

The idea that the word can never be used by non blacks is actually a misnomer in other words. But it isn't without reason this idea exists, hence the historical article I linked.
Huh... Yeah, in fairness I find it very confusing, and where I live we have I believe less than like a 3% black population, so nobody knows lol.

Also whos 'Dr. Dre'?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It really shouldn't be used even as ToE in any variation. Its not clever or a reversal of power/meaning. It only helps keep the word relevant, and keeps it's negative power potent. It's very moronic.

At the end of the day being so easily affected by a word (to the point of becoming physically violent) is a massive weakness. Its a personality flaw that is easily exploited, makes you predictable and therefore easier to influence. The n word should carry no more power in this modern age, but it does because many black people still let it affect them. Its power is maintained by the very race its meant to slur. No different than the reasoning behind why trolling always works, it's symbiotic.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The n word should carry no more power in this modern age, but it does because many black people still let it affect them. Its power is maintained by the very race its meant to slur.
I'm sorry but this argument is goofy as hell. The N word doesn't just hold power because black people are sensitive, it holds power because it's been reinforced by centuries of oppression and violence. To say "At the end of the day it's just word" ignores this.

"n****r" is not just a "word". It symbolizes an ideology and history that has inflicted great wounds on the African American in the US.

:150:

Last edited:

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but this argument is goofy as hell. The N word doesn't just hold power because black people are sensitive, it holds power because it's been reinforced by centuries of oppression and violence. To say "At the end of the day it's just word" ignores this.

"n****r" is not just a "word". It symbolizes an ideology and history that has inflicted great wounds on the African American in the US.

What power exactly?

And I mean exactly.

How does this power manifest itself? How does it objectively affect other people? What is the word - in and of itself - inherently capable of doing?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008

This is the same flawed thinking that perpetuates many modern problems that should be ancient history by now.

Keep trying to play victim to a history you never even experienced and most assuredly you will keep living through it again and again. You want to have something to get dramatic about, some scapegoat to blame unrelated problems on.

Generations that act like they have a grudge to settle for something they have absolutely no connection to only makes society worse. It splits the population apart for no reason other than wanting to play the victim.

Its disappointing how dumb humans still act. We are capable of so much more, but many choose to keep reverting to caveman like behavior.

Keep using the word in any form, keep that history nice and fresh.....you're keeping racism alive whether you know it or not. I have no doubt you wouldn't hear 10 YOs on CoD using the n word if it wasn't all over the radio and rap/hip hop. Newer generations wouldn't even know about the word if it wasn't so often used in popular mainstream rap. History is a double edged sword, it informs more than it warns.

The n word is in fact just a word. It can just as easily lose its meaning and relevance if people would let it. No good comes from keeping around, just gives simpletons another reason to divide no matter the race.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
What power exactly?

And I mean exactly.

How does this power manifest itself? How does it objectively affect other people? What is the word - in and of itself - inherently capable of doing?
to offend people. It manifests itself when people use it to degrade black people.

This is the same flawed thinking that perpetuates many modern problems that should be ancient history by now.

Keep trying to play victim to a history you never even experienced and most assuredly you will keep living through it again and again. You want to have something to get dramatic about, some scapegoat to blame unrelated problems on.

Generations that act like they have a grudge to settle for something they have absolutely no connection to only makes society worse. It splits the population apart for no reason other than wanting to play the victim.
You act like I'm claiming slavery as "my struggle" or something. I have my own unique struggles that come with being black that's different from the generations before me, but all of its connected. I don't know why you act like the past didn't play a role in shaping the present.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
to offend people. It manifests itself when people use it to degrade black people.
Offensiveness is not an inherent property of a word. If it was, it'd offend all people, or at least all black people, equally. But it doesn't, so that argument fails.

The adage "offense is taken, not given" springs to mind.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Well that's the problem I just spoke about. Your "problems" have nothing to do with the n word. You are just trying to shoehorn that into this discussion, but its not really relevant.

Let's say I decide to call you a spoony bard. Now you don't know this but that term used to be this most offensive racial slur ever to your race. Well....it doesn't affect you because you don't know the word or its history. You have no reaction therefore you maintain all the power in our exchange and I just look dumb and racist.

Two of the worst things to come from modern PC culture - 1. Placing way too much importance on stranger's opinions
2. Giving words too much power (overreacting to words)

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Offensiveness is not an inherent property of a word. If it was, it'd offend all people, or at least all black people, equally. But it doesn't, so that argument fails.

The adage "offense is taken, not given" springs to mind.
I understand what you mean. Not all black people have the same views on the word. My point is that a black person has good reasoning to be offended by being called a n*****. If you’re not offended by that word that’s great for you. But if you are offended by it that’s also fine. I don’t think people who are offended are being irrational or over emotional.

But if someone uses a slur to insult a black person to offend him or her, And that person is offended. I don’t think it’s fair to say to that black person “Stop being so sensitive. You were never a slave.”

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
That isn't the point either of us are getting at.

It's from the complete opposite side. I've seen many times in videos (and twice in person) a verbal confrontation be set off by the n word. Both in person were a non-black person calling the black person the word, and then the black person resorting to physical violence at that point.

I'm not saying it's only for those scenarios since there is plenty of evidence online of black people throwing down over another black person calling them the n word (the -er ending instead of the -uh or -a ending making some magical massive difference). Almost always it's within a group stressing how the person offended doesn't want to "look bad" in front of his peers. They egg him on "You gonna let him call you that?!" "Damn you're a p***y". The dumb part of that culture, the constant need to assert dominance and confidence in any situation in front of others. The desperate need to prove oneself in the most predictable ways.

It's not about being sensitive or defensive. I think any black person has every right, hell they can even cry over the word and a stranger's opinion all they want.

But really to let a simple word have so much power, to let people you don't know have the power to use one word to set you off into physical violence is just counter-intuitive. Actually it's just disappointing, mostly because the person being offended has all the power to control that word and that situation. If they get hurt, defensive, sensitive, or violent because of that word......well that's precisely what the person slinging the insult wanted. It's a stranger's opinion, they don't know them....why does their opinion matter so much?

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I think you're over exaggerating how often black people "physically assault" over a racial slur, but sure black people shouldn't beat up everyone who uses a racial slur. I don't feel like this is a very pressing issue in our society when it comes to race realtions though.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Eh I would have to disagree if we're being completely honest. Again the whole PC culture would have us ignore the huge differences in how each race handles this type of situation.

You really don't hear of any other race being physically violent over one word or racial slur. The history is different to some levels of magnitude (closest thing being Jewish people and the Holocaust), but again the real root of the point here is why this word holds so much power still. And why do you think these black people resort to physical violence over a word uttered from a stranger?

I see this as a huge weakness that can be easily avoided.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I don't think the N word is strictly a PC issue. Even the most racist, sexist, overall backwards jackasses get offended by the word. It's more of a culture issue, to me. I don't think it should be given so much power, nor allowed to one class but not another. (blacks are absolutely more able to say it) But that's just our culture. While in a political environment, many will claim no one should say it... But we only make a fuss when a non-black says it.

Whia

Smash Apprentice
I understand what you mean. Not all black people have the same views on the word. My point is that a black person has good reasoning to be offended by being called a n*****. If you’re not offended by that word that’s great for you. But if you are offended by it that’s also fine. I don’t think people who are offended are being irrational or over emotional.

But if someone uses a slur to insult a black person to offend him or her, And that person is offended. I don’t think it’s fair to say to that black person “Stop being so sensitive. You were never a slave.”

So basically by your own admission, the word has no power of its own - it's provided by an external source, namely others people's offense. The word still remains just a word.

I think the issue a lot of people have with this reasoning is they automatically, subconsciously conflate the word itself (irrespective of context) with bigotry, which I find to be a fallacy. If the n-word hypothetically fell completely out circulation and just outright vanished from our collective vocabulary, anti-black racism wouldn't vanish alongside it. Bigotry can exist without slurs, bigotry can be communicated without slurs, and as counterintuitive as it might sound, slurs can be used in a way that don't communicate bigotry. Words have no real meaning on their own, aside from their raw definition, and without context are incapable of communicating any kind of actual coherent message. To give a sort of dumb, crude example: I was playing a game with a friend of mine, his Internet crapped out mid-game, and when he gets back online, I addressed him with "Way to get disconnected f****t." Now that doesn't even make any goddamn sense, it's just being employed as a general, run-of-the-mill insult. It's being used in a way entirely divorced from the bigotry we associate with it. Pointing to the origin of a word is a stupid way to determine its meaning and/or proper usage, because language evolves in such a way that just doesn't allow it. It's lazy (and arguably extremely self-righteous) to plainly attribute bigotry to someone simply for the utterance of a word in and of itself without taking into account the way it's used.

There are virtually infinite ways to use words, and its usage is ultimately what dictates its meaning, not the other way around.

NOW THAT ALL SAID, no part of me advocates or is trying to justify calling black people the n-word. Because like I said, usage is what matters to me. If you use that word to insult a black person, you're just an indefensible bag of crap and can go **** yourself.

Jfresh

Smash Rookie
I swear people using the word "politically correct" now as a way to pretend they're unique or stand out because they "say whats on their mind" are the most infuriating people

Just seems to be an excuse to be an ass to everybody and pretend its some personality trait instead of what it actually is. As a society we're pretty free and able to express ourselves however we want; hell this thread is a great example of that. So yeah I'd say we're pretty good on this front

D

Deleted member

Everyone is free to express themselves however they want. However, if you start throwing slurs around don't expect others to just shut up and not say anything.

After all, that is what you are arguing for in the first place, no?

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
A lot of the problem with people who try to enforce "political correctness" is that they have a tendency to ignore context. Uttering a word or phrase isn't what hurts someone, directing it against them does. I think the Papa John's fiasco is the perfect example. He never hurled racial epithets at people. He never expressed any kind of negative sentiment towards any racial minorities. He said "Colonel Sanders called black people [racial epithet]". He was driven out of the company he founded for that. There's also the Netflix executive who was fired for telling people NOT to use said racial epithet.

My issue with a lot of the more zealous PC crusaders is that they seem more interested in virtue signalling and imposing their will on people while being horrible people in reality. It's the current day equivalent of the hypocritical Christian who is a total sociopath 6 days a week but acts like it's all okay because they go to church on Sunday and remind everyone what a religious person they are.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Swamp Sensei thinks my views need to be thrown away. Not nice. But yes, Smashboards is too PC. Or the world if that's what you mean.

Last edited:

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
I've been seeing a lot of "Well I don't get sensitive when I'm called a *insert derogatory term here*, so you all shouldn't either!" lately, and this is a problem. It deflects from people who are deeply affected by injustices, and I feel like people who claim that we're too "politically correct" and that we need to stop "virtue signaling" are just uncomfortable talking about issues like these.

Being called garbage in Melee isn't the same as being called the n-word by racists, or the f-word by homophobics. If you're able to brush these things off, good for you, but this shouldn't be an excuse for everyone to do the same just because you feel that way. It's selfish and deflective, and seeing a lot of people say this took away any nuance in this discussion could've had, just because you feel uncomfortable when your views are questioned.

So no, I don't think we're too PC. I understand this being an argument back in 2014-15, but with everything that's been going on lately, I'd say we aren't PC enough. Sure, our overall self awareness is better, but we still need to make more progress.

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I've been seeing a lot of "Well I don't get sensitive when I'm called a *insert derogatory term here*, so you all shouldn't either!" lately, and this is a problem. It deflects from people who are deeply affected by injustices, and I feel like people who claim that we're too "politically correct" and that we need to stop "virtue signaling" are just uncomfortable talking about issues like these.

Being called garbage in Melee isn't the same as being called the n-word by racists, or the f-word by homophobics. If you're able to brush these things off, good for you, but this shouldn't be an excuse for everyone to do the same just because you feel that way. It's selfish and deflective, and seeing a lot of people say this took away any nuance in this discussion could've had, just because you feel uncomfortable when your views are questioned.

So no, I don't think we're too PC. I understand this being an argument back in 2014-15, but with everything that's been going on lately, I'd say we aren't PC enough. Sure, our overall self awareness is better, but we still need to make more progress.

Ur right, being called garbage in Melee is worse

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman

Can you elaborate on "everything that's been going on lately"? Society is less racist than it has ever been in history. Anti-racism is considered the de-facto stance. White supremacists are pariahs. There are more counter-protestors at their rallies than actual participants (to the point that they signal boost the racists more than the actual racists). The rallies themselves can't even attract more than a few dozen participants in the deep south.

The news has a vested financial interest in driving racial conflict. Violence, riots, and general pessimism make for much more gripping headlines than "most people mean well and everything is going to be okay".

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
Can you elaborate on "everything that's been going on lately"? Society is less racist than it has ever been in history. Anti-racism is considered the de-facto stance. White supremacists are pariahs. There are more counter-protestors at their rallies than actual participants (to the point that they signal boost the racists more than the actual racists). The rallies themselves can't even attract more than a few dozen participants in the deep south.
I’m not just specifically talking protest wise. More and more white supremacists are being enabled and feeling safe and entitled under Trump. Many are running for office, and some are already in office.

You’re probably correct that society is less racist than it has been, there’s no denying that it’s still a problem. The fact that there are more counter protestors to white supremacy rallies is also correct, and a good thing, but they still happen, and it’s still a problem.

The news has a vested financial interest in driving racial conflict. Violence, riots, and general pessimism make for much more gripping headlines than "most people mean well and everything is going to be okay".
The way I see it, if racial injustice or any racial conflict is already involved, then there should be more gripping headlines, instead of it being sugarcoated. Hell, if anything, I’ve been seeing more sugarcoated headlines, like that NPR headline about how Heather Heyer was killed by a car as if there wasn’t a Nazi in there.

D

Deleted member

Yes, but not in the way people throw around the term PC. Not as in "I can't call this dude a slur? PC police at it again". But rather, politically correct as appealing to whatever the political norms, contrary to what actual evidence states. Every political stance has this, its just not exclusive to identity or whatever. The right wing of the united states denial of facts regarding global warming for instance.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Yes. There is a big difference between offending someone and being offended. Between provoking someone and being provoked.

When you only listen to ONE side (the people who are always offended by everything) you give those people a lot of power. Basically, the more they complain, the more power they get. And they know that.

What has to be done is that we have to start question people´s emotions and the offended ones. Otherwise they will just keep saying they are offended by everything, and other people will keep adjusting themselves to not make these people mad. I think the snowflakes have to adjust themselves, too. It is very one sided as it is now.

7 or 7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1094 6225 9234
Sometimes but at the end of the day I think people are just noticing it more, thanks to the internet we can see opinions from all over the world. People will always get offended, for example Monty Python was basically crucified for making Life of Brian because they made fun of religion. People these days see one or two bad apples and assume the whole batch is rotten.

And yes that pun was intended lol

Last edited:

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
No. We should go further. People don't realise how much political correctness as an idea has achieved. Being fair to others is just the right thing to do.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Absolutely. P.C. makes me cringe so much because, its so fake, disonest and, insincere.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
No, not at all. Political correctness is just basic decency, and there's a staggering lack of it on the internet, in politics, and in the population at large.

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
Im only 13, so dont take me serious.
I say we are to politically correct.
I ll just talk about a school experience,
So, at school so many people jumped on me for saying "Black".
My teacher told me to say African American. That I disagree with. The man I was talking about was INDEED black. I dont meed to be politically correct when talking about a nationality. If I were to use a worse word, then yes, destroy me. but last time I checked, black is a race of people. As is African American. But I should not be forced to call a black person African American.
I would not worry your correct here. Not every black person is from America. Someone from South Africa would not take to kindly to being called an African American (there is a lot of native White, Arab and North African people in Africa anyway), and does anyone actually call white people in the USA European Americans? What people need to do is not care about skin pigmentation to begin with. People are People its just that simple. We are all the same.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So, at school so many people jumped on me for saying "Black".
My teacher told me to say African American. That I disagree with. The man I was talking about was INDEED black. I dont meed to be politically correct when talking about a nationality. If I were to use a worse word, then yes, destroy me. but last time I checked, black is a race of people.
'Black' is not a race of people, it's a skin colour. There's South African, Sudanese, Somalian, Libyan, Ethiopian, those are races. Those are nationalities. Not 'Black'.

EDIT: Oh, sunuva... Nepht Nepht , that post was three years old.

Last edited:
Top Bottom