• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we responsible for our own happiness? Is it a choice?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
What do you think

If we never felt loved or cared about who’s at fault. Us for felling that way, or others for maybe just forgetting about you

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Emotions are reactive and we are not in control, they're based on what happens around you.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yes.

No one can truly make you happy. All you can do is BE happy but that eludes most people their entire lives.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Happiness is a result of satisfaction and self-fulfillment, and while many people seem to fail to realize it, I really believe relying on others for happiness is the quickest way to get *really* depressed. If you're feeling unhappy, I recommend that you pick up a book about something you find interesting. It could be fiction, but I've found lately that learning about non-fiction subjects is really nice. Check out some stuff about space or the mind! I've recently been reading a neat book called Incognito which delves into how the brain truly functions right outside of our own conscious awareness.

And maybe that's not interesting to you! That's okay! Just find something that does! The world has so much to offer you, you just have to look. :)

Top Bottom