• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we expecting any further third party characters on the base roster?

cybersai

Smash Ace
For the context of this thread, I am excluding Geno from this even if he's still third party. I count him as a Mario character.

So we have Simon, do you think we're getting any further third parties on the base roster? My guess is we're only getting 8 unique newcomers total, and we already have 4. With one likely being a Pokemon and the heavy rumors of Skull Kid, that brings us down to two more newcomers.

If there's another third party, then all fans of the remaining characters like Geno/Isaac/Bandana Dee/Chorus Kids/Elma, etc. will all be in competition over that last slot, meaning only one of them is probably going to get in. What do you think?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
For the context of this thread, I am excluding Geno from this even if he's still third party. I count him as a Mario character.

So we have Simon, do you think we're getting any further third parties on the base roster? My guess is we're only getting 8 unique newcomers total, and we already have 4. With one likely being a Pokemon and the heavy rumors of Skull Kid, that brings us down to two more newcomers.

If there's another third party, then all fans of the remaining characters like Geno/Isaac/Bandana Dee/Chorus Kids/Elma, etc. will all be in competition over that last slot, meaning only one of them is probably going to get in. What do you think?
Personally I'm fairly confident Banjo is getting in. So that would be one. I think Llyod has a shot too since Mii costumes are getting upgraded to playable.

Phoenix Wright, Chrono, Neku, Shantae, and Layton to me are those who have an outside shot.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm not really confident in Banjo getting in the base roster, he seems far more likely as a DLC pic for me. The fact that Phil Spenser is answering questions about him rather than being under NDA and just ignoring it or "No comment" makes me think Nintendo/Sakurai didn't even ask them yet at the time.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Even though Geno is technically a 3rd party I personally view him as a 1st party character. The only other 3rd party I can see getting added is either Heihachi or Lloyd Irving. Every other 3rd party company has 2 or more characters represented (assuming Geno gets in which I feel is a lock) and it only makes since that the developer of the game would want some sweet cross promotion of theirs to be in. After that I think (and hope) we're done with 3rd parties. But it's just a personal bias of mine as I don't get an ounce of excitement when a 3rd party character is revealed.

Top Bottom