• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we allowed to post about...

MrUnusual

Smash Rookie
Are we allowed to post about... modding? 0.o because if so, would anyone happen to know how Project M got Dr. Mario to have a different moveset from Mario despite being apart of the same character slot?

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Doc in PM is just a reskin of Mario. No different, just some visual changes. I'm pretty sure there is a board for modding so check that out.

MrUnusual

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the response, I will try to find it, but yeah, there are a couple of differences to his moveset I've seen. Like, Mario shoots fireballs with his standard special and summons F.L.U.D. with his down special from slots 00-06 while Dr. Mario (Slots 07-10) shoots pills with standard special and cyclone spin with his down special

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
You're talking about Project M Mario right? He also has the cyclone spin as his down-b, its one of the changes they made to his character in PM. The fireballs and pills are just visual changes, they do the same damage.

Last edited:

MrUnusual

Smash Rookie
Ohh ok, (good thing they changed F.L.U.D.D. I hated that thing... but yeah, it's a little trickier than as simple as it sounds lol. I've been working on my own modded Smash Bros. project that I started 1 year before PM was released, but there were certain things I wanted to do, like add separate movesets for the same character, but for different outfits, I used to think it wasn't possible, but it turns out it is, I found 1 tutorial on it, but the steps aren't really working in my case :/

Top Bottom