• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there tons of Samus players at Tournaments???

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Just wondering how many Samus players there are usally at Tournaments??? About 10% or more??? Cause i know Fox, Falco, Marth and Sheik are way higher.......
Also i am going to my first Tournament, and i was wondering who is a good secondary for me to practice with.(In case i fight a Marth or Falco...)

Thanks!

REDRAGON

Watty

Smash Lord
no there arent alot of samus players. Most of seena t 1 tourny was like 5. Pick up fox for a secondary

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Hmmm i really dont like playing Fox. He seems to technical and has few mind games...
I was thinking Marth or Sheik......

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
No, there aren't very many, and most only use Samus in actual tournament matches (or just have very distant secondaries for specific matchups), so you usually know who all the other Sami at a tourney are within an hour or so. It's kind of nice, really; like an elite club of people who almost never win tournaments.

gamefreak2006

Smash Cadet
We're not very common unfortunately. I'm the only samus player I know of in my area. And In some matches I just can't use her; like C. Falcon on FD, no thanks.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There aren't a lot of Samus players out there, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Like spaceballs said, it's like an elite club of people who almost never win, so there's a sort of connection. Oddly enough, Samus is the only character I really see for whom a large majority of her players play her almost exclusively.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Meh yeah there aren't very many at any given tournament. My crew has three different Samus players (me, Dosv, cmart), last tournament we all went to I think there may have been like two or three more Sami, and that was it. But you can definitely find a fair amount of people there who know the game, that can at least put on a good show with her.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Some people don't know how to fight Samus, especially in Fox versus Samus. At MMFE4 I was up against a Fox player, and instead of deciding to go with Falco or my own Fox, I went with my Samus (who was my original main, now I do a tri-main sort of thing, all three of my "mains" are exceptional).

I won the set 2-0.

Mars-

Smash Champion
To everyone saying that samus players don't do good, don't speak for all of us. I might not do good tournament wise, but I do win a lot. Especially against other players at my skill level.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
yeah but if u fight a fox that knows how to fight samuses and keeps his distance, and avoids reflecting missiles so it wont be open, its pretty hard for samus.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i say go for shiek as a secondary, if your palying best out of 3 against a shiek and your samus doesn't win it for you, counterpick a stage and use shiek. shiek is like one of the top tiers in the game and can like stop everyone. I main with samus but im better with shiek i think

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
yeah but if u fight a fox that knows how to fight samuses and keeps his distance, and avoids reflecting missiles so it wont be open, its pretty hard for samus.
The point is I knew the Fox I was playing wasn't THAT experienced.

Good enough to kill Falco's around my level (since he knocked out my friend the previous round) but not enough for Samus'.

Fox dittos are blargh.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm the only Samus player at the tourneys I go to...and I mostly play Ice Climbers now :(

But I'm part of a strange community where a lot of smashers play Samus as a secondary. It's weird, they have a great Samus but only play her in friendlies o_O

I wonder why Samus rarely succeeds in tourneys...

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
In Florida, there are as many Samus players as there are Ganon players. About 1 out of every 15 players, maybe 1 out of 20.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In texas there are VERY few samus'es at tournaments...I am usually the only samus main though other people have her as a secondary..

In texas:

People who ONLY play samus in tournament:
Majoras
Reqy(I think >_>)
Fmatt(I think again)

People who main samus/other character:
Hylian(Samus/Fox)

People who have samus as a secondary and do well with her:
TGM(Marth/Samus)
Chang-sta.(Falco/Samus)

And we are almost never at the same tournaments...usually only 2 of us are at a time lol. Though in my last tournament I played Samus/Fox/Shiek/Ice Climbers o.O. And I won with IC's and shiek more then samus and fox lol.

TGM

Smash Lord
Honestly when you go to a tourney, you can basicly look at the tier list and see who is going to be there the most.....

fox falco shiek marth

its sad that no one uses samus.

Jasona

Smash Ace
i almost never see another samus at a tournament. if i do, its either wes or they get knocked out early because they're noobs. i'm on the east coast, where are all the sami?

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Hmm, at a little local tournament I just went to there was only 1 samus (besides me) out of roughly 30-40 players (as opposed to maybe 60 marths out of 30-40 players :p). The few, the proud, the samus.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
i almost never see another samus at a tournament. if i do, its either wes or they get knocked out early because they're noobs. i'm on the east coast, where are all the sami?
Im going to chus tourny this up coming weekend, perhaps we can get some friendlys in?
Too bad host2 didnt happen seeing how like every other Samus player was going.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Well i am going to the Super Smash Royale III in San bernardino and my main is going to be Samus! Samus is just too sexy... :chuckle:

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Im the only Samus player in my area that I know of, and that go to my local tournies. Which technically means im the best, haha.

I always keep my secondaries (Marth, Shiek, Zelda, Jiggly, Peach, Mewtwo) trained well, incase I have a specific matchup I need them for. Jiggly comes in real handy alot of times, as well as Marth.

And yes, I do play as all the characters with the best recoveries. Fun times.

Darkwyveryn

Smash Rookie
If you think your lacking with samus then choose either speed or technique. If you think your better at speed then shiek if not, marth. Keep in mind that marth is pretty much the hardest to fully master.

Watty

Smash Lord
false falcon is.

Jasona I think the MW has the most Samus players now.

At some tournys me, crashman, and mendoza are at it. Thats 3! besides FC thats the most ive ever seen at one place. (SMYM is the tourny is happens at and theres uaully like 100 people)

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
that was gonna be big, and im sure it was gonna be big specially for people who main samus

i just go samus, aaall the way...i like to fake im gonna change characters when people are about to counterpick, but i always end up going samus despite the match-up and the stage im going ^.^ (oh yes, and its cause i suck bad with any other character)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I dont know why we are talking about who are secondary is but Sheik is the best for secondary because Samus worst matchups are: Marth, Captian Falcon, Ganon, and maybe Fox/Falco. And ALL of thoses guys are not good agaist Sheik...

Corigames

Smash Hero
At my school, I have trained 1 and there is another... but I fear there is no hope for him. All he does is sits on the edge and spam missiles, charge shots, and dash attacks. Sad really...

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
At my school, I have trained 1 and there is another... but I fear there is no hope for him. All he does is sits on the edge and spam missiles, charge shots, and dash attacks. Sad really...
lol those were the days.......

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Im going to chus tourny this up coming weekend, perhaps we can get some friendlys in?
HOST 2 WILL HAPPEN~! Sometime this summer host 2 is going to happen and I am STILL going to try to get all of the samus players to go. And I think the south has the most samus mains actually >_>. Maybe not.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
That's about how I was... a year and a half maybe... the good days. Such bliss and joy. Some would say the calm before the storm.
Lol my friends would be so mad whenever i picked samus "Samus takes no skill" lol
BTW Corey check out my post in the sig please!!!

Top Bottom