• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Are there nearby restaurants to the new venue?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I'm on google maps and don't see much besides what's on the highway, and the hotel has a dining area but I imagine it's not anything like fastfood. Just wondering if there's any more information about places to eat in walking distance.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
walking distance? meh. you're better off just ordering something from one of the chinese spots (hong kong kitchen, yummy yummy, sultan wok, no 1 kitchen), one of the rutgers places like hansel n griddle, nuebies, ru grill, skinny vinnie's, giovanelli's, or just getting in a car and going to the somerset diner where their milkshakes are heavenly and it's byob.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Copy/pasta my entry to the Apex FB page lol:

As I mentioned before, a lot of you wanted to know eateries around our new venue. And now you got it!

https://www.apex-series.com/information/traveling/

There's not only a map of tons of eateries ranging from diner food to fast food but pharmacies and other essentials nearby.

Plus I put one very important bookmark on that map... FAT SANDWICHES! So many of you were saddened that they weren't going to be nearby Apex anymore, but it just so happens that our new venue is within 10 minutes (driving) of the sandwiches you guys loved so much (you'll see it's the first one on the map with the heart).

Enjoy!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
There's a ton of restaurants and bars that are a short drive away.

I don't mind giving ppl rides.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I've never heard if any of the places mentioned above for food. What's best recommended for a group from Louisiana? Anything with spice?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If you go north on Somerset to the intersection with Easton Ave (NJ 621), then turn left, you come into the burg of South Bound Brook quickly, and Easton becomes Main Street. There are several local restaurants there, including an excellent Chinese place named Wasabi 'n' Wok (89 Main St., on the right). They also do takeaways and deliveries ($10 minimum). The Afghani place on the other side of the street, Kabob Paradise (60 Main St), is also excellent. Joe's Meat Market (20 Main St), farther into town has gotten good web reviews for their subs.

D

Deleted member

Real men will go back to Grease Trucks for a fat bitch anyway.

Top Bottom