• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there moves you feel are unfair? or maybe just annoying?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Are there certain moves you feel arent quit fair or maybe annoying to deal with ? Maybe too fast, too powerful, or too unpredictable. For me Im not the biggest fan of zelda teleport kill move.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
- Ness' spammable PK Fire;
- Isabelle's fishing rod;
- Incineroar's side-special.

All those moves are kinda hard to dodge and break the rythm of the fight.

FatFry

Smash Rookie
I'm probably biased due to not being very good at the game but I really dislike Ganondorf's smash attacks. Yeah they're slow and easy to dodge but there's nothing more frustrating than getting KOd from 40-60% because you stepped wrong.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
-Isabelle's fishing rod (it shouldn't be able to kill being that disjointed and unpunishable)
-Ness' D-Smash and U-Smash (charge hitbox over ledge)
-Fox's nair (fast, impossible to punish, easy to spam, great combo tool)
-Joker's Arsene (how easy it is for him to get it combined with how much it makes him stronger)
-Hero's RNG (self explanatory)
-PK freeze (it should be easier to mash out)
-Inkling's roller (see above)
-Villager's rocket (annoying, hard to punish, easy to spam)
-Samus' projectiles (see above)
-Link/Young Link/Toon Link's projectiles (see above)
-Belmonts' projectiles (see above)
-Zelda's specials (see above, but slightly easier to punish if read)
-Roy's dancing blade (it shouldn't bee that strong)
-Little Mac's smash attacks (armor is stupid, just give him a working moveset)

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Two things immediately come to mind—King K. Rool and Banjo.

Something about King K. Rool’s attacks just bother me. I don’t really hate fighting him as much as other characters, but a lot of his attacks are annoying. Is it because I see him as Ultimate’s Little Mac? His down throw is probably the worst of the bunch—nobody should have a down throw that buries people into a Smash attack.

As for Banjo, I don’t really like his specials. His neutral B and down B are spammable and annoying to deal with if you don’t have a reflector of some sorts, and he also has another down throw to bury option, but worst part of all is probably Wonderwing. It can come out anytime, it’s incredibly quick, it’s incredibly strong, it beats out any attack I have, and it’s really hard to punish unless you somehow predict it. Its supposed downside is that it has significant endlag, and unless you happen to be both by the ledge (not to mention the fact that you’d have to avoid getting hit by it), chances are the Banjo will panic sidestep your punish. Then again, the only Banjo experience I have is with a friend of mine.

Also, yeah, I hate Zelda’s neutral B too. It’s really used more as a panic button than as a reflector. Though if you start charging something, the Zelda starts using it as a panic reflector anyway.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Actually unfair? Joker's counter. Ness' yoyo charge at the ledge. And several of Hero's down B specials. Mostly Magic Burst, Whack/Thwack, and Hocus Pocus.

But there are a lot of moves in the game that I don't like dealing with, but also don't believe are actually unfair. I don't want to take the time to list all of those.

Top Bottom