• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there matchup charts that give a reason for a certain advantage or disadvantage?

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I main Mario. And a lot of matchup charts I've seen say cloud is unfavorable but whenever I play a cloud I always have fludd ready and I use it if the try to recover high and snap or of they miss the snap from below. I get he has disjoints and stuff but I close the gap with ease at least against the clouds I've played. Maybe I just am better I don't know but to me it doesn't seem like a bad matchup. Also link vs bayonetta is bad but she is very easy to wall with projectiles and combo I don't get it can someone explain

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I main Mario. And a lot of matchup charts I've seen say cloud is unfavorable but whenever I play a cloud I always have fludd ready and I use it if the try to recover high and snap or of they miss the snap from below. I get he has disjoints and stuff but I close the gap with ease at least against the clouds I've played. Maybe I just am better I don't know but to me it doesn't seem like a bad matchup. Also link vs bayonetta is bad but she is very easy to wall with projectiles and combo I don't get it can someone explain
Cloud is fairly easy to gimp if you can get him offstage. However, Mario lacks the range that Cloud has and thus can struggle to get Cloud offstage in the first place. Also, a lot of people think Link/Bayonetta is actually even.

Nah

Smash Champion
MU charts are meant to be a quick visual aid, not so much an in-depth explanation on a character's matchups. So you're probably not going to find one with an explanation for every matchup, or even just the top 15 or so characters. People's opinions on MUs tend to vary somewhat anyway.

If you really want an explanation, you're probably better off asking the people in the boards of the characters you mentioned.

Top Bottom