• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any physically demanding techs I need to be aware of?

SilverBrick

Smash Rookie
I've gotten into playing Ganon recently since my low dexterity (from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) prevents me from making many fast inputs in a row, so being able to just wait until my enemy comes to me is a godsend (and because all of his moves are so satisfying to pull off).

Are there any techs that I'd need to use for high-level play, which require a lot of dexterity?

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
not that i would think, no! since shorthop > aerials are so easy now (hit the jump and a buttons simultaneously) you should be all set as long as you have a good gamesense!

narples

Smash Rookie
Ganon is definitely a good choice if u can’t do the fast inputs. It’s all about game sense and bait and punish for him.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
No, but playing Ganon will take a toll on your controller from the amount of times you throw it against the wall after losing.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, IDC aerials are nice to know when using Ganon.
Instant Dash Canceled Aerials.
Especially after Dthrow.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I've gotten into playing Ganon recently since my low dexterity (from Ehlers Danlos Syndrome) prevents me from making many fast inputs in a row, so being able to just wait until my enemy comes to me is a godsend (and because all of his moves are so satisfying to pull off).

Are there any techs that I'd need to use for high-level play, which require a lot of dexterity?
There's the attack cancel tech that was discovered, but I haven't seen anyone use it yet. It might not even be useful for Ganon anyway since he's not about big combos.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
There's the attack cancel tech that was discovered, but I haven't seen anyone use it yet. It might not even be useful for Ganon anyway since he's not about big combos.
His nair is pretty dang good so I could see the new attack cancel tech becoming relevant in higher level competitive matches. I really dont think its necessary though.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I feel like I have to play way more high octane on Ganon than most characters.

My condolences for your hands.
I feel like krool might be even better for your hands if you like heavies that can sit back. Or DK

I strongly consider Ganon to be best when constantly inputting. Not necessarily Aggro 100% but the second you give them too much room to breathe and think Gan kinda sucks

Isabelle is not my cup o tea but she is a trapper that also might help your hands

SilverBrick

Smash Rookie
I feel like I have to play way more high octane on Ganon than most characters.

My condolences for your hands.
I feel like krool might be even better for your hands if you like heavies that can sit back. Or DK

I strongly consider Ganon to be best when constantly inputting. Not necessarily Aggro 100% but the second you give them too much room to breathe and think Gan kinda sucks

Isabelle is not my cup o tea but she is a trapper that also might help your hands
It's not the number of inputs, it's how close together they are. Ganon doesn't need to get quick combos or long chains, so my hands can keep up just fine.

Also, I suck at trappers. I can predict a player's movement somewhat, but I don't have the foresight to set up traps and I much prefer to attack directly. I couldn't land a projectile if it was homing.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
You’d be surprised how many combos strings and favorable positions for next plays Ganon can set up by being quick. I understand though, best of luck to you.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
Get used to your short hops and fast fall aerials. I played Smash 4 Ganondorf consistently for 4 years, and even after a month and a half since Ultimate released I still mess up tapping the jump button fast enough so I do short hops instead of full jumps, it's so sensitive now.

Another thing I find more difficult this time around is instant dash attacks, and Ganondorf's dash attack is one of his best tools. Dash into any grounded move is a blessing, but it made dash attacks a bit harder. I was used to flicking the analog stick + c-stick down for instant dash attack, but now you have to do c-stick left and right, and if you're timing is off you do a front tilt instead. The late, sourspot hit of dash attack is a good combo starter and finisher, and overall dash attack is just good damage and even KO move, as well as being useful dealing with projectile spammers who zone you out.

Get used to doing dash into front and down tilt. Dash into down tilt if they're grounded, and if they're approaching you from the air dash away from them and do a properly spaced front tilt.

These 2 videos show a lot of combos that are pretty straightforward but require some precise inputs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLSp6umD3H4&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ddQrq1OE8w&

not that i would think, no! since shorthop > aerials are so easy now (hit the jump and a buttons simultaneously) you should be all set as long as you have a good gamesense!
I'd only recommend this if your opponent is in the air or they're open for a punish. Not every aerial is practical with the short hop aerial shortcut. Ganondorf's aerials will hit too high against most characters, he needs to fast fall with his aerials so he can reach low enough as well as for it to be safe on shield. It's a very useful tool for instant attacks and punishes but definitely don't rely only on this for your short hop aerials otherwise you will severely limit yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom