• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any characters you want that nobody else wants?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm not talking controversial/widely hated characters (Goku, Ridley, Freddy Fazbear, Sans, e.t.c.), but rather characters nobody has had the IDEA to have at all, despite seeming obvious in your mind

for me, it's Onix.
a heavy rock-type non-legendary non-starter non-evolved Pokemon, it checks almost every box for what I'd want out of a new Pokemon rep, and has a unique body shape unlike any Smash character we've ever seen before.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Plok, from an old SNES game... but people don't want him mostly because nobody knows him.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I mean how unusual are we talking?

Goombella and Koops for me. Not Paper Mario himself but rather a Goomba and Koopa Troops pair who represent two of the most iconic villains in all of Mario with a separate alt for Goombario and Kooper.

I'd want the victory screen to have Goombella/Goombario tattle on the opponent in second place.

Other than that there's Team Fortress 2's Heavy and Overwatch's Tracer both of whom have been big names in team based first person shooter markets.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Jotaro Kujo.

Obviously not thread-worthy, but I'd rather have him over Goku if Smash ever decided to include an anime character.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I would've said Mona from WarioWare, but she has her own support thread so I'm not alone in wanting her.

For a while though I guess I was the lone Earthworm Jim supporter, since I was the first one to make a support thread for him.

I suppose that counts?

If that doesn't count though, then there's only one other character I could want, and that's...

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
does Genesect count? i remember there was a whole Genesect thread last time around but since gen. 5 got passed up everyone else has moved on. it's still the Pokemon addition i want most, even though i know it'll never happen

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Jotaro Kujo.

Obviously not thread-worthy, but I'd rather have him over Goku if Smash ever decided to include an anime character.
Hey man Sakurai's a Jojo fan, who knows.

Almost everyone I want is underrated to an extent.

Prince Fluff
Porky
Anna
Ryu Hayabusa

I could go on but I won't.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we go solely by "This Character Doesn't Have a Support Thread Yet," then Caeda. Hugely important character from Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, Marth's betrothed, and a Pegasus Knight wielding her unique lance, the Wing Spear.

Not gonna happen for a variety of reasons, but hell yeah I'd be excited.

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
I've got many that people hate. I'm not sure if that counts however. But if you want, I could list them anyway?

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Probably Darkrai from Pokemon. I've been a fan of him since he was introduced back in Diamond and Pearl. His Pokken moveset is a little complex for me, but I'd love to see him in Smash.

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Jason Frudnick from Blaster Master. I'm surprised more people haven't brought him up, because not only is he from a well-known NES title that recently got a reboot/reimagining on the 3DS and Switch, but he could also have a interesting moveset based around SOPHIA III.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am probably the only one who supports the Wandering Heroes, animal swordfighters with magic powers from StreetPass Mii Plaza: Find Mii I & II. All attention are on "Mii Mage". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mr.J

Smash Apprentice
Sharing is caring
True, true.

Anyway as for the ones I want that everyone hates are...

Mother Brain, Poochy, Slippy Toad & Peppy Hare, Knuckle Joe and a different Pokémon Trainer that's not Red.

I planned to make these as threads as well, but most people were against the idea of those characters. But I will still probably make them nonetheless.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would say Asuka from Senran Kagura, BUT at least there are a couple people here and there that want the character. Even on parts of Twitter.

But a better example would have to be Tina Armstrong. Not only she's not a main DOA character (Ayane and Kasumi are more requested in comparison), I am quite starved for a traditional wrestler in Smash. Just that she is lower on the totem pole compared to the Rhythm Heaven Wrestler, Incineroar, and a NES Pro Wrestling character.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Not counting 4th-party characters (because then this list would be impossibly long):
  • Jimmy T.
  • Groose (but not as a joke)
  • Nightmare (Kirby)
  • Dyna Blade
  • Deathborn
  • Darmanitan
  • Golurk
  • Resetti
  • Senator Armstrong
  • E-123 Omega
  • Dan Hibiki
  • Sigma

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Hmm, Jack Frost (from Shin Megami Tensei) is the first that comes to mind. People bring up Joker as an Atlus character, but really, Jack is the MASCOT from Atlus, would be a way better fit
Also, Tora from Xenoblade 2. I just want a Nopon in Smash

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A big one was Marx. I wanted him BEFORE Star Allies, I have since Smash 4. I have a Miiverse era moveset for the guy (Don't check it out though, it has horrible grammar and my modern one is better).

Also Arcade Rabbit. His 3DS app seemed to be popular enough, and he could be a 3DS app rep like Duck Hunt for the Zapper.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Most of my most wanted characters are the few big name first parties that still aren't in. The only more obscure wants I have are those third parties that I wouldn't be disappointed if they don't make it - I'm not a huge fan of third parties in general - but I would be ridiculously hyped if they did.

I never really considered Dovahkiin until I watched the Switch release trailer and they showed off Skyrim and one of the comments said "Dovahkiin for Smash!" Stuck with me since I love Elder Scrolls.

In terms of characters who don't even have a support thread, though: Ivy from SoulCalibur. She's made appearances in every game of it, and the idea of a whip moveset is awesome. I'd much rather her than Simon Belmont. Plus, she did have a crossover with Link once.

The only other character I'm gunning for that doesn't have a support thread (or at least not her own thread) is Urbosa from Breath of the Wild.

sman3579

Smash Cadet
I don't think there is any character I want them to add that no one else would want. I know Mona is particularly in demand to be included in Smash but I would love to see her added.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well, for someone I don't really see anyone asking for that's not uber obscure... I'll bring up favorite Pokemon bias and so, Buizel? Cute, expressive, agile, shares part of Tails' theoretical moveset potential, also completely irrelevant after its notability in the anime ended, but yeah. (You can't even directly catch one in either 6th or 7th gen. You can catch a Floatzel in X/Y or US/UM and then breed it to get one, though, but does that make sense?)

Really, though, it could at least be a summon, or a background element (and ideally a better one than it was in Pokken...)

If not that, or Floatzel, can we get some kind of appearance somewhere from Plessie, or maybe a Plessie themed costume for Yoshi? Plessie is obviously Buizel's primordial ancestor, never mind that they're from unrelated series.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If it were PSA or something, I would campaign hard for Ivy, but I think she doesn't fit the tone of Smash (same for other characters like Bayonetta or Snake).

If non-character representation counts, I want a Pokéball with Spheal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not too many people bring up Buzzwole, which may suggest that they don't want it. Shame too, since Beast Boost would probably have a good amount of potential as a new mechanic.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Me personally?

Arthas from World of Warcraft.

He’s one of the most popular Warcraft characters ever, if not Blizzard, and he’d be unique since he’s a Death Knight and all.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
There are a few choices that I have seen either literally one person or no people suggest that I would love to see in Smash despite how impossible their chances are.

First of which is Yoda from Star Wars. He would not work for obvious reasons, but his methods of lightsaber attacks and using the Force would be spectacular in Smash. Second of which is HK-47 from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic; this is primarily because hearing him call his opponent(s) "meatbag(s)" would make me laugh my head off. He could also use grenades, stun rays, carbonite projectors, and flamethrowers as part of its moveset, all of which would be stellar options for him. Third of which is Silvally, because its seventeen memories would aid in giving it a great moveset. Also, the facts that it was created to rival Arceus and that it is basically a chimera make it my favorite Generation VII Pokemon. If only it were viable in competitive Pokemon... I would also love to see Porygon-Z, my all-time favorite Pokemon, because of its general quirkiness, its diverse moveset, its glass cannon playstyle, and its origins as a Pokemon created in a computer. I would be satisfied if Porygon2 were a possible Pokeball Pokemon, however.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross with a body since Brawl speculation

A few people have came onboard over the years.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ashley mizuki robins from another code

i might be the only one who knows who she is anymore

slambros

Smash Ace

For a long time, I wanted Spyke from the first Splatoon as a playable Smash character alongside the Inklings. I think the character could be a unique mix of agile and heavy and the character's spiky head could be implemented into the moveset.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Arbok. A serpent character would definitely be interesting to see and it is my favorite Pokemon.

Brian from Quest 64. No chance whatsoever but it would be cool.

Mrs. Arrow from F-Zero. Bulky lady with her machine being light and weak would be a fascinating mix.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
Many characters for me.

First-Party/Second-Party:
Many Kirby characters (Animal Friends, Dark Matter, Gooey, Adeleine, Dark Meta Knight, Daroach, Galacta Knight, Prince Fluff, Magolor, Taranza, Susie, Hyness)

Many Mother characters (Ninten, Giegue, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Porky, Kumatora, Duster, Masked Man)

King Daphnes (LoZ): Ever since seeing him in Hyrule Warriors, I've always loved the idea of a character who turns into a vehicle to fight.

DeMille: I haven't played his game, but I really want to and I'm always down for having more rpg characters in Smash.

Part-Time UFO: I haven't played this game, but since I'm a huge Kirby fan, I have a soft spot for other HAL characters and games. I think a character like this little guy would be super interesting though.

Tank (Trax): I haven't played Trax either, but for those who don't know, Trax is a HAL game on the Gameboy where you could play as a tank and blow things up with different power-ups.

Gator (Pinball: Revenge of the 'Gator): Just because.

Third-Party:
Sinder (Cel Damage): Cel Damage is one of my childhood games and it's really fun and wacky too. Being the prominent character on the box art, I feel like Sinder would be a great fit for Smash. He would also fit in for being a pretty zany character as well and could fight using his car and all the weapons that come with it in the game.

Gunstar Red (Gunstar Heroes): Gunstar Heroes is such a fin game to play and I think the Gunstar Red should be THE Treasure rep for Smash.

Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher): Another childhood game of mine. Sega has some pretty neat characters to implement into Smash and I think fighting with a giant egg and chicken powers would be pretty unique.

Aiai (Super Monkey Ball): Another nice Sega character that I think would be interesting as well.

Firebrand (Gargoyle's Quest): Such a cool character from a great little series that was exclusively on Nintendo.

Crypto (Destroy All Humans!): THQ is dead and I think he would have been the best choice for a THQ character. While being quite raunchy, he still would have been a pretty cool choice with all of his alien weapons.

Abe (Oddworld): Haven't played his games yet, but I'm going to so I'm just going to add him here since he seems pretty cool.

Cooking Mama: I only played the first game, but man would it be fun having a cooking based character in Smash.

Maxwell: I really love the Scribblenauts games and his moveset potential is limitless.

Spore Creature: Spore is another childhood game of mine and I'd really love to see a creature fight in Smash. It would be a weird character for sure.

Monkey (Rocksmith): I'm a huge rock n' roll fan and he'd be a cool Ubisoft rep. Plus he'd be a good music/rhythm game rep too.

Tetris Block: Hehehe.

Indie:
Hat Kid (A Hat in Time): A Hat in Time is a great example of a modern 3D platformer so I think Hat Kid would make a really great addition in Smash to fight against some of the bigger platforming mascots.

Hollow Knight: I found Hollow Knight to be an enjoyable game and I think he'd be a pretty cool addition in Smash mainly because I don't think we have a bug character yet.

Cuphead: I really enjoyed his game and he would be a fun and wacky character to have.

Protagonist (West of Loathing): Another great game and really hilarious. I think having a stick figure character in Smash would also be a unique thing to have.

Vice President (Citizens of Earth): I really like Mother and games similar to the series so of course I'd like to have this dude in. His moveset could be based on all the different citizens you can recruit.

Wayne (Hylics): Another game similar to Mother and also a psychedelic title too so he'd be a really cool character to have.

Zetterburn (Rivals of Aether): This game is based off of Smash so it would be really interesting to see him in Smash since he would already have a moveset that fits easily into Smash.

Isaac (The Binding of Isaac): I like this game and considering the amount of power-ups to use in the game, he could have an interesting moveset.

Chicken (Ultimate Chicken Horse): It'd be really cool to see this guy (or any other animal from the game) utilize different stage objects and hazards for their moveset.

Fourth-Party (Impossible Characters):
Ed, Edd, n Eddy: My favorite cartoon of all time.

Spongebob Squarepants: Spongebob Movie the game convinced me.

Jotaro Kujo: Just like what Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt said

Yugi Muto: Yugioh was a huge part of my childhood so yeah. Plus Yugioh vs Pokemon pls.

Spiderman: Why not?

Godzilla: Too big, but I'm too much of a Goji fan to care.

Ronald McDonald: I don't know why... but for some reason he'd be pretty cool in Smash.

Michael Jackson: He actually does have some cool moveset potential with his games.

Kurt Cobain: Yeah yeah I know very silly choice, but he was in Guitar Hero so he does have a game appearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom