• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are the Belmonts bad for fundamentals?

FoolishHero

Smash Rookie
I'm really considering picking up the Belmonts due to how fun they are. However, I have concerns over if their playstyle could make my fundamentals worse.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I would argue Belmonts help your fundamentals. Because they have a bad recovery, bad disadvantage and lacking frame data they can teach you about minding your options to escape pressure and recovering, minimizing risks all while pushing an advantage with projectiles and range. They also have a tipper mechanic that can teach you on optimal spacing.

Last edited:

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
Just play mario and marth/lucina if you are really just playing to practice your fundamentals.

TheHero

Smash Cadet
Fundamentals are fundamental. Just pick whoever you like and get good with them. You will develop your fundamentals by playing the game.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Belmonts are the Ultimate fundamentals characters.

Forcing your opponent to do things is how you win.

Top Bottom