• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Short-hop and Waveland faster than full jump and normal land?

Sdhy

Smash Rookie
So I heard that short-hop starts up quicker than full jump.
and waveland looks quicker than normal landing.

What are the frames for short-hop and waveland compared to full jump and normal or fast fall land?

I could only find frame data for first frame airborne for normal jump. It doesn't mention it for short-hop. Only the frame-window to make it a short-hop.

Thanks.

Pauer

The Pauerful
When you jump, you enter the jumpsquad animation. That animation lasts for 3-8 frames depending on the character(see the jump timing section here) . If you release the jump button before the last frame of the animation, you short hop instead of full jump. So you don't jump any faster if you short hop instead of full jump.

In regards to landing with a Waveland instead of a "regular land", landing normally is "faster" in that you have less lag after landing. A regular land has 4 frames of landing lag iirc and landing after an air dodge has 10 frames of landing lag.
You can reach the ground a little quicker with a Waveland but the landing lag is greater. However, if you plan on dashing right after landing, a diagonal Waveland in the direction that you want to move to may be faster because it combines the landing and movement into one action.

Last edited:

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
Ideally, SHFFLing (shorthop fastfall lcancel) is the fastest aerial approach. It allows aerial usage at ground speeds, and opens your move set for more approaches. I know that L canceling must be done by pressing l or r 7 frames before landing, and short hops depend on character.

Top Bottom