• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Modded Controllers Still For Sale

NinjaPlease

Smash Rookie
NNID
OhNinjaPlease
3DS FC
1092-2824-6280
Looking to get the customizations of A0, A3, B4 and B7Y. But I don't think Kadano still does modded controllers. Know anybody who can do it for me?

Pauer

The Pauerful
Last time I talked to Kadano about 2 weeks ago, he was still sick from a cold he had caught at the Heir tournament this year, so he was unable to work right after Heir. This is problematic because he took on a lot of modding jobs from attendees at Heir, so he'll have to catch up on those orders for a while. I don't know if he is accepting orders at the moment. You can try contacting him using the email provided on his website or you can tweet out to him. He is quite active on Twitter.

From what I've heard, Kadano's more commercial competitors don't offer nearly the same quality and features. I've heard several horror stories about their poor controller mods both from individuals and Kadano, who is sometimes asked if he can fix a messed up job. Especially the modifications on the octagon gate are usually problematic. To my knowledge, there is no other reliable source for the notching modifications on the octagon gate.
The competition either uses arbitrary positions for their notches or don't have the skill/time to offer both precise values and good haptic properties (the way you slide in/out of the notches for example).

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Related question: What are the notches used for on these controllers? What kind of advantage does it give a player?

Pauer

The Pauerful
I think Kadano explains all the uses for his mods on his website pretty well in section "[A] - Octagon gate modifications" .
The most sophisticated octagon gate mod is the Hybrid gate, which allows perfect firefox/sheik up-b angles. Here is the video of him showing off the mod when he first developed it.
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Top Bottom